2016 Polaris AXYS RMK long track

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree , the pro was built specific for the mountain guys in 2011, and additional improvements were made since then, not fair to compare to an XM , it's not really mountain specific, it's a modified, rethought , rerigged xp from 08 with compensators built in to cause it to handle Somewhat like a true mountain sled.
Nice sled though , Dependable as heck.

Not mountain specific? Please explain how these Summits don't go to the places the Polaris and Cat 2 stock 2strokes go? And why is it not fair(wah)?

This should be good... :popcorn:

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not mountain specific? Please explain how these Summits don't go to the places the Polaris and Cat 2 stock 2strokes go? And why is it not fair(wah)?

This should be good... :popcorn:

I dont feel its fair to the xp, or sorry now they're calling it XM , oops sorry, now they're calling it T3, oops sorry in 16 they may go to heavier torsions springs then it may be T5. Reality = XP with enhancements.
Great motor though. :).

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A question for the Mechanical SME's:
Whilst reading the little info about the new engine:
1.The grooved piston.
Intake or exhaust side of piston? Why grooves only one side?
2. "New porous intake duct material" What is that? Any advantages??

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
T3 is the stock Mountain sled of the year,, simple as that.

Next season? Guess we shall see!

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
T3 is the stock Mountain sled of the year,, simple as that.

Next season? Guess we shall see!
I'd agree with that for the 2015 season. Most innovation for this year for sure (even if it was just a drop & roll). I thought I would be hearing more about the Viper MTX this year. Really looking forward to seeing what else Polaris has to unveil at the beginning of March, and to see what the other 3 plan on for next year.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Youre just brand loyal. Any positive doo comments are from dootardedness. Havent you heard?

Yes I've heard..lol Seriously I just love sledding period. I could see myself on a Cat next season maybe, but the T3 definitely raised the bar for everyone.:beer:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd agree with that for the 2015 season. Most innovation for this year for sure (even if it was just a drop & roll). I thought I would be hearing more about the Viper MTX this year. Really looking forward to seeing what else Polaris has to unveil at the beginning of March, and to see what the other 3 plan on for next year.

The Viper is a heavy pig of a sled. The T3 is just a improved XM and the XM is a improved XP. Very true. However the T3 just flat out works awesome(provided there is enough snow)

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Viper is a heavy pig of a sled. The T3 is just a improved XM and the XM is a improved XP. Very true. However the T3 just flat out works awesome(provided there is enough snow)

thats what i mean, guys are trying to compare a t3 to a pro 155. really??. maybe if polaris had a stock 3inch track. so far the t3 is ahead as far as stock goes. they all have pros and cons but this thread is about the new polaris axys.

maybe in march there will be another surprise...:p

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the new pro! Still worried about the motor!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wont know for awhile after a season of mountain riding for the masses. what i dont understand is how the rmk pro is still the best selling mountain sled with having a history of failing motors. except 13,14,15 i guess dont hear so much about those years

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your overheating a t3 your doing something wrong. Stock scratchers down and I don't even have a snowflap and I never go over 4-5 bars
Oh, they were doing something wrong. As in forgetting to put the scratchers down. When they don't come stock for so long, I guess guys forget they have them.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh, they were doing something wrong. As in forgetting to put the scratchers down. When they don't come stock for so long, I guess guys forget they have them.

one of my friends t3's over heated on the trail but so did my pro.

soooo does anyone have any specific info on the new pro motor and electric oil pump???? :)

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok ok ok ok..... I hate everything ski-doo. But the axys is a revamped pro that is a revamped iq.

Xm is what it is. Get over it. The t3 is purpose built mountain. Yah there has been drop and roll chain cases and 3" tracks but never stock.

I ride my pro at home, regardless what people think, its a blast and the track and length are fine. Its tippy and fun and needs body english on the trails but makes it fun. That being said i wont be buying a 3" tracked pro any time soon unless i ride in the mountains more than 5 days a year or i have two sleds.

I would ride a 144 sba but hard to keep up with my group that is 163 3" pros and t3 xms that ride out west 20-25 days a year.

I hope this polaris motor stays together. I get it, up till 2013 polaris 800s were terrible. Hard to get past that. Cat use to have crap motors, now super reliable. Doo pteks blew alot too, now super reliable.

This axys looks sweet, 2.25 gearing, larger foot wells, bigger holes above rear suspension hanger, powder coated rear suspension hanger, stiffer tunnel, and so on. Fixed alot of issues with the pro. Hope they make the bulk head cooler an option like they did in 2015 snow check.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wont know for awhile after a season of mountain riding for the masses. what i dont understand is how the rmk pro is still the best selling mountain sled with having a history of failing motors. except 13,14,15 i guess dont hear so much about those years

I think cause fix kits are cheap and easy to put in. And over all cheaper to buy. And there's dealers every where, every small town has a Polaris dealer. Skidoo is going to bigger dealers in cities like martins and turple that got to hurt sales a bit, not everyone wants to drive hours all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom