2016 Polaris AXYS RMK long track

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Based on reality,, RMSHA Hill climbing has fawk all to do with real mountain riding....

Denile,,, not just a river in africa:rolleyes:

It really makes no difference to me, I was just curious what you were baseing your statement on. I'm guessing by your response though, opinion would be the correct answer.

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Based on reality,, RMSHA Hill climbing has fawk all to do with real mountain riding....
Denile,,, not just a river in africa:rolleyes:

Reality??

Because it's the only factory mountain sled that still has torsion springs?
Because it's the only factory mountain sled with horizontal steering?

It's not the most powerful, or the lightest, or the cheapest.

Is it the best because some came with a 174" track from factory??

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It really makes no difference to me, I was just curious what you were baseing your statement on. I'm guessing by your response though, opinion would be the correct answer.

Yes my opinion. Might not mean much too you, but I do spend every day riding Mountains and have rode with lots of top Pros(including Kieth Curtis)
Im not going to argue with you though, not worth my time.

Cheers Dan

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes my opinion. Might not mean much too you, but I do spend every day riding Mountains and have rode with lots of top Pros(including Kieth Curtis)
Im not going to argue with you though, not worth my time.

Cheers Dan

I don't want to argue. If I didn't care what you had to say, I would have never asked. :)

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't want to argue. If I didn't care what you had to say, I would have never asked. :)

Ok then, Its the best over all stock package for 2015, for deep pow mountain riding,,(IMO) and don't think many serious Canadian mountain riders(100+day a year)
would argue with that.:beer:

Last edited:

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok then, Its the best over all stock package for 2015, for deep pow mountain riding

The little I've had to do with one, I'd almost agree with you. I'd go so far as to say it's probly the best fit for majority of the people's riding habits, at least compared to a Pro. The Pro is definitely not for everyone, and by the sounds of it, the Axys is going to magnify that.
You mentioned Cat, and I was leaning the same way, except for the all the dealers I've attempted to deal with are very unwilling to do so. That, and no one seems to want my Pro...

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The little I've had to do with one, I'd almost agree with you. I'd go so far as to say it's probly the best fit for majority of the people's riding habits, at least compared to a Pro. The Pro is definitely not for everyone, and by the sounds of it, the Axys is going to magnify that.
You mentioned Cat, and I was leaning the same way, except for the all the dealers I've attempted to deal with are very unwilling to do so. That, and no one seems to want my Pro...

Dont get me wrong, the Pro is an Awesome sled and I can't wait to try out the AXY's. But the Doo really stepped it up this year and there is no denying that.

If you need a good CAT,Polaris,Yamaha dealer talk to Cycle Works. Specifically Cycle Works Red Deer. Talk to Erik Anderson he is a friend of mine and a avid Mountain Sledder.
He'll take good care of you

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All I can say is I can't wait to see what 160hp on a 408lbs mountain sled feels like. To use an over used phrase...... I think the AXYS RMK will be a "game changer" for the Mountain Segment in 2016.

I have 500 miles on the AXYS PROX so far this season and every time I through a leg over the seat I love the new Motor more and more. It makes a lot of power.....Everything the Etec makes and maybe more..... At least that what my seat o the pants Dyno tells me.

I can't take anything away from the T3. It is a great sled. My only complaint on the T3 would be how much snow it puts in your chest and helmet when in the deep. My RMK does a way better job of "throwing" the snow away from the rider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I don't know if it was said in here or not. To much reading. But I was at the dealer the other day and over heard a conversation about the new axys rmk. And they Said when they were in minnesota they heard its supposed to come from the factory with 7 tooth drivers. And as it stands the only reason for that would be to fit a 3 inch track. So I have a good felling a 174 or a 163 3 inch track would be a good possibilty on the 2016.

Sent from my S5 while I am slacking at work.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I don't know if it was said in here or not. To much reading. But I was at the dealer the other day and over heard a conversation about the new axys rmk. And they Said when they were in minnesota they heard its supposed to come from the factory with 7 tooth drivers. And as it stands the only reason for that would be to fit a 3 inch track. So I have a good felling a 174 or a 163 3 inch track would be a good possibilty on the 2016.

Sent from my S5 while I am slacking at work.

Yah thats been brought up on snowest. But really? A 3" 2.86 pitch track? Maybe they did 7 tooths for great snow evac with the 2.6"

If they do a 3" i would think it would be 3" pitch? Or does that matter....

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are all the poo tracks ported like this? the cheese graters 'doo came out with in '08 were piss poor performers, not to mention as about as durable as wrapping a paper towel around a skid.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This weekend I saw both a pro rmk and a 08 summit with there tracks broke in half tied up on the tunnel being towed out on their rails LOL
I got lucky and was able to ride out when mine ripped. are the snow levels low? I caught a little buried 3 in diameter stump on a climb and felt it let go

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This weekend I saw both a pro rmk and a 08 summit with there tracks broke in half tied up on the tunnel being towed out on their rails LOL
i went riding while my buddies took theirs in for re flashes, and stators and oil pumps and their plugs were fouled and those oh so strong S-modules and what do you French call it.....ah the NUN, oh they are also so strong, what does T- Motion stand for? Training Motion, good for guys who are just starting or need help getting their sleds on edge?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i went riding while my buddies took theirs in for re flashes, and stators and oil pumps and their plugs were fouled and those oh so strong S-modules and what do you French call it.....ah the NUN, oh they are also so strong, what does T- Motion stand for? Training Motion, good for guys who are just starting or need help getting their sleds on edge?
wow, random rebuttal....u mad bro?

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sick of the always shat talking cool guys who seem to always have to chirp in on every post, ok and ya maybe this costal snow is angering me a little. But gets tiring listening to the same guys spitting their wisdom on everything. It is a Polaris thread, hard to read the title for some I guess

Top Bottom