2016 Polaris AXYS RMK long track

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think they made nice small improvements that will benefit the rider. Nothing too extreme that isn't unproven. I think the Polaris guys will be quite happy with this machine. Nothing wrong with evolving something that is proven. This pretty much gives what the current Pro guys have been asking for..more power and hopefully more reliability.

Things I have noticed..

Seat looks very uncomfortable

Rails, while Im very familiar with FEA software, still look a little too thin out back.

I'm not noticing whether it received the same nice gauge as the trail Axys?

Im happy they invested in more than 2 go pro's for the new video on their site..

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing too exciting from the Polaris camp for 2016, let's see if Cat steps it up, otherwise it will be a sea of yellow in mountains.

I disagree. Ski doo has been playing catch up since 2011 and IMO the XM is a step in the right direction but it is not the be all and end all of snowmobiles. Still way to heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

togo ripper

Reaction score
I like the new proven 800ho motor point on the sight, this motor has been on the snow for 3 months and she's proven enough for the Polaris quality control guys I guess

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im curious to find out how they dropped almost another 10lbs and gained over 10HP. the pro just worked like it was.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I disagree. Ski doo has been playing catch up since 2011 and IMO the XM is a step in the right direction but it is not the be all and end all of snowmobiles. Still way to heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

totally agree, but just think if the xm was 417lbs. it would be something

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
stirrups still looks the same as the proride :(
I am more excited to see what that 800 ho puts out and how reliable it actually is

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All the doolaiders need to open their eyes, pretty much an all new sled. New tunnel enhancements, rear skid, 2.6" track, drivers, quick drive gearing, primary, secondary, belt, engine, electronic oil pump, exhaust valves, can, plastic, handlebars, a-arms, shocks, headlights. IMO more significant than the change from XP to XM.

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All the doolaiders need to open their eyes, pretty much an all new sled. New tunnel enhancements, rear skid, 2.6" track, drivers, quick drive gearing, primary, secondary, belt, engine, electronic oil pump, exhaust valves, can, plastic, handlebars, a-arms, shocks, headlights. IMO more significant than the change from XP to XM.

Sh#t YA!! Doo&Mud.com is an interesting site, but really only pushes me further into getting another RMK and proving I having no issues hanging in the trees with every other brand I ride with :)

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 800ho looks nice so far, but pretty sure skidoo is gonna up do them with the etec 2... Really this new poo motor only puts out the same power as the etec at this point, except takes 500 more rpm...

Last edited:

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
flickable is so 2014, its all about "instantaneous lift" now.....lol I think i read lift in their write up like 15 times. Holy hell.

Ill be impressed if that weight holds up to the abuse that a mountain sled needs to deal with.

Last edited:
Top Bottom