2016 Polaris AXYS RMK long track

Dakine879

Reaction score
id like to see a warm up mode/timer like ski doo has. the new T-stat bypass is now on this new sled which helps prevent cold seizures. 40% faster warm up time will add to any motors longevity.

Skidoo has unfortunately realized that 50% of sledders are morons who hammer the gas two seconds after the sled has started and not warmed up .... and also don't take in to consideration all the bearings and other linkage on a snowmobile ...it might be a good idea to spend five minutes going slow and gradually warming components up...

just my 2 cents....

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Skidoo has unfortunately realized that 50% of sledders are morons who hammer the gas two seconds after the sled has started and not warmed up .... and also don't take in to consideration all the bearings and other linkage on a snowmobile ...it might be a good idea to spend five minutes going slow and gradually warming components up...

just my 2 cents....

that goes without saying my friend. however the 50% as you say would save a lot of face. if you can understand that

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To much reading for something ive never heard of or experienced. Rather just see a pic of the tie rap remedy. Not a big deal.

VanceM

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The rails do look a bit... lite at the back. Will want to beware of flipping over out of a trench. Wonder what the Assault will look like?

You're supposed to rev the motor and spin the track when you do this, cuts all the snow away.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To much reading for something ive never heard of or experienced. Rather just see a pic of the tie rap remedy. Not a big deal.

VanceM

You where to drunk when I told you about that happening to a guy I was riding with in Sicamous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Vance, i dont have pics right now sleds in the gfs garage. I will try and remember tomorrow. I went from the bar that runs perpendicular to the boards to the last rung (closest to nose) with two ty raps b/c of the distance I did about four runs of it. To keep my boots out incase I get stuck in there....I havent been injured but I read a few pages of guys busting there knees/ankles and thought I better error on the side of caution

I wear size 13 klim arctic arctic gtx

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^ fix kit lol. Clamps, zippy ties... Whats next? I really can't believe people are having to block off the forward-most real estate of their foot wells but hey :rolleyes:

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No I dont ride a Pro. Just trolling this thread to see whats new and exciting. I would like to try riding the new one to check it out and see how it goes/feels right beside my T3. I have stood on a Pro. Looked at the design. Owned an IQR. I HATE the linkage steering setup. Wicked looking power toboggan though... Just my observations thus far. Carry on

Last edited:

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No I dont ride a Pro. Just trolling this thread to see whats new and exciting. I would like to try riding the new one to check it out and see how it goes/feels right beside my T3. I have stood on a Pro. Looked at the design. Owned an IQR. I HATE the linkage steering setup. Just my observations thus far. Carry on
The steering is one of those you love it or hate it things. I hate the pro steering when I'm on the trail, or trying to maneuver it around at slow speeds on flat ground, basically whenever it is on 2 skis. But when it is on edge, that is when I love the vertical steering and think it really shines. I hopped on an XM, and found the steering better than the XP was, but still couldn't get around it.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see, I was just goiing to ask if your boots gotten stuck in your stirrup but I guess not.

Well maybe ill cut them and try my next ride without the tyraps and see if i can purposely get myself stuck

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure why guys are trying to compare a 155 pro to a t3.. :confused:. kinda like comparing a camaro to a vette

I dont know if you meant me but I was talking about the chassis. Like comparing a 163 terrain dominator(or whatever its called) to my T3-163... Or even my "old" 2013 XM163.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree , the pro was built specific for the mountain guys in 2011, and additional improvements were made since then, not fair to compare to an XM , it's not really mountain specific, it's a modified, rethought , rerigged xp from 08 with compensators built in to cause it to handle Somewhat like a true mountain sled.
Nice sled though , Dependable as heck.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont know if you meant me but I was talking about the chassis. Like comparing a 163 terrain dominator(or whatever its called) to my T3-163... Or even my "old" 2013 XM163.

that would be fine if you left the t3 out. or is there a stock 3 inch from polaris....:confused:.

great motor tho...carry on

Top Bottom