2016/17 Revelstoke Conditions

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 200911
When 'I can't wait to get to the cabin' brain kicks in! 3points of contact is important! Imagine if this was on the highway!
Photo--Powder Puff, she knows when you have been bad or good..... So be good, simple
Is that from this am???

Wow, you can see the super clamp but must not have been done up or some sh!t

sent while drinking tea's

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Is that from this am???

Wow, you can see the super clamp but must not have been done up or some sh!t

Look at the cat beside it. It's half off the deck already. The front superclamps doesn't that well of a job fading the sleds from sliding backwards. They obviously thought "oh we're just going up the trail, it'll be fine. It looks like a nytro, probably just squeezed under the clamp and flattened the hoops.

i'm planning coming to Revy in January now. I'll be needing people to ride with, I'll be pretty slow and out of shape, since my accident two months ago haven't been doing much. But if someone is willing to help me out i can offer my camera ability as a replacement. I can rig who ever up with GoPro's and record with my camera and my drone. Might try submitting some video to some films.

I have a contact now with someone at slednecks and 509.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Screenshot_20161211-175700.png

Whose the azzhat abusing the volunteers?

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was a guy in the super 8 this weekend who every morning at breakfast couldn't stop complaining about how the effing club won't let him drive up a public road and that he can drive up to the cabin if he wants with his truck and blaming albertans for having mud tires and not being able to drive up the roads. Said he's been driving up to 12km at Boulder all week and telling off the parking attendants. I'm not pointing fingers but if I had to make a guess...

Everyone there listening to this guy was looking at each other not sure whether to laugh or be embarrassed that we can classified in the same category as this guy. It was quite sad. With that being said we still had a great weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So how does that work? Is the road public during the off grooming season and the club grooms and charges for the obvious expenses during the winter months but takes responsibility for the road making it private?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
shes concrete fellas. and no snow in sight. even the secret spots have tracks in em.

stay home unless you're one of those guys that just goes sledding to get away from your wife.
And drink beer with a on top VISTA of epicness

Last edited:

Outty74

Reaction score
Parking lot is a little bit of snow and straigh gravel at boulder. Then the first 3 km is mostly gravel and ice with not much snow. As for snow up top you gotta go past the cabin to find untouched lol. We smashed good snow most of the day today ...

Last edited:

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Tough yr on the front line staff for sure so far. Yesterday was the first day we had snow in the valley this season and we did have everyone park in the lots cause the rds. are icy and you put a bit of fresh snow on them and they become luge runs. People continue to not use good tires and haul big trailers and some just plain can`t drive and apparently that is staff`s fault.
We are staging from the lots again today. The trails up will be sanded/graveled tomorrow.. early morning up to parking areas. No new snow in the forecast.
The club has a management agreement with Gov. to be able to groom and charge a fee and they set the fee. We are also responsible for rd/trail maintenance, this summer we spent $18,000 doing exactly that on Boulder, so think about that next time you complain about paying a fee. We can not have snowmobiles and vehicles on the rd at the same time. It is either a snowmobile trail or a rd, it can`t be both, it is illegal and a huge liability.
We are grooming both mtns. 7 nights a wk and doing aft. grooms both mtns. Thurs-Sat. so we are grooming the snot outa the trails.
I have worked front line and have been heavily involved in the sport for 15 yrs., never have I been so disappointed in snowmobilers.
It is not our fault there is no snow at lower elevations, we are doing the best we can.

northof40

Reaction score
There was a guy in the super 8 this weekend who every morning at breakfast couldn't stop complaining about how the effing club won't let him drive up a public road and that he can drive up to the cabin if he wants with his truck and blaming albertans for having mud tires and not being able to drive up the roads. Said he's been driving up to 12km at Boulder all week and telling off the parking attendants. I'm not pointing fingers but if I had to make a guess...

Everyone there listening to this guy was looking at each other not sure whether to laugh or be embarrassed that we can classified in the same category as this guy. It was quite sad. With that being said we still had a great weekend! http://uploads.tapatalk I wonder i...arb... truck didn't have AB plates either :P

Last edited:

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
The RSC has sanded the road from the back Boulder lot up to the 3 km junction and then up to the 4 km parking area on the Kirkup. We will ask riders to park larger vehicles at the 3 km junction and have truck/decks travel up to the 4 km parking lot on the Kirkup.
The Bezanson trail up from the 3 km junction has been put in and the Veideman off the Bezanson and are both being groomed now. If you are parking at the 3 km junction head up the Bezanson.
We are still strongly suggesting you use good winter tires, truck/decks and 2 place open trailers.
You must stop at the trailhead booth to purchase a daily pass or show proof of membership.

Did you know it is the law to have snow tires on your vehicle from Oct.1 through May1?

We are grooming seven nights a week now on both Boulder and Frisby and doing additional afternoon grooms Thurs. through Sat. on both mountains.

Top Bottom