2016/17 Revelstoke Conditions

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depending on chopper deal it is defiantly the way to go I've heard of $500 chopper rides and $2000 was paid once in our group to get one out of Allan creek I also usually hear of pilot flying in himself. Ideally you fix it on hill or if your past hills pull it out. One of the best things I've seen was a chainsaw winch with couple hundred feed of cable it got one out for us as well. It does beat up your machines pulling them out but part of the sport. It amazes me how a dead sled is like an friggin anchor tho to another snow machine on hard pack little own a slight hill with soft snow. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't worry boys take the bounce has been riding there for 10 years and has never been charged 10 dollars so clearly that deal doesn't excist, I have a membership the guys that came with me didn't. If you actually read my post I m trying to help the organization but your so eager to add up your number of posts and keep your senior VIP status, f****** tool, any ways you keep burning your skies up on the gravel,
Holy fawk dude, calm your tits

So u have been here for years and this is your 2nd post, what does that say about you, byotching and so on

Unfortunately revy has the cash flow to cover the not full rate for passes, but I can tell you the 10 bucks don't cover the fuel or wages to groom

I have also been going to Revy ( in prior years) lots and have either not paid or paid the full amount, and have lived 40 min away for 3 years now so..... And also have never heard anyone else say such a thing about it

sent while drinking tea's

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't worry boys take the bounce has been riding there for 10 years and has never been charged 10 dollars so clearly that deal doesn't excist, I have a membership the guys that came with me didn't. If you actually read my post I m trying to help the organization but your so eager to add up your number of posts and keep your senior VIP status, f****** tool, any ways you keep burning your skies up on the gravel,

Seeing how I have always purchased an annual membership regardless of the amount I ride there be it 5 rides or 50 no I have never seen $10 fees. Great for you.

I think some people just think the fee is a grooming fee when it's actually more than that.

If that's how you intend on helping the club maybe take a more mature approach.

Thanks for calling me a tool. Great post. Lol.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why are you not showing your trail pass?

I don't know what your asking. I paid what they were charging. I can't recall anyone ever asking to see the trail pass after purchasing. I certainly don't keep them in case some dude on the Internet wants to see them someday.

daniel.h

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I don't know what your asking. I paid what they were charging. I can't recall anyone ever asking to see the trail pass after purchasing. I certainly don't keep them in case some dude on the Internet wants to see them someday.
It was late last night I meant to quote the other guy sorry!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On another note, looks like snow is coming down low for Saturday night.

It's cold so bring thick gloves and extra bellaclavas. The trail is where you'll feel it. Hard to believe I got a little frostbite at -9.

JustChilling19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We fixed the situation with the chopper. Coming at 1030 then we're going way back into super bowl or turbo if we can make it. Should probably give a snow update. Was exceptional yesterday, found lots of untouched snow and plenty more left. I'll post pictures after today!

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We fixed the situation with the chopper. Coming at 1030 then we're going way back into super bowl or turbo if we can make it. Should probably give a snow update. Was exceptional yesterday, found lots of untouched snow and plenty more left. I'll post pictures after today!
Just curious what the chopper rate was this year?

And how many km of gravel on boulder?

Trying to decide 4 place or deck for next week......

Thx

kgazzard

Reaction score
Takethebounce, I'm curious as to why they are forcing guys to ride so much gravel. I understand the cost for trail pass is not just for grooming. It's for the entire club. It has never been an issue in my books, I'm happy to support the club. But not letting us even with decks to drive 1-2km up. Then you see all the other guys who bypassed the trail pass and took the side road to park on Frisby. I've personally never rode anywhere until this week where they didn't allow you to drive to the snow line. Trail pass or not. Mind you, I've only been riding in revy area for 4 years now.

Expect to be riding 1km of pure rock and another 2-3km of snirt at Frisby until there's more snow accumulation.

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Every year the RSC starts with a $10 trail pass, all the trails aren`t put in and they are trying to establish a product to charge full price for. They have gone to $20 now at both mtns. and yes you get a $5 discount when you show proof of your BCSF membership. You need to display your daily pass or membership when you go through the trailhead. When there are problems with people not paying you just might be asked to show proof on the hill.

The attendant is working at the junction at Frisby, started today.

I will have a wknd. parking/grooming update later when the guys get down off. the mtns.

The RSC is still strongly suggesting you use good winter tires, trucks/decks and 2 place open trailers.
It is too cold to snow. Heavy traffic and parking continues to be a big challenge.

People continue to drive past the parked machines on the mtns. to unload. Sure doesn`t help establish a trail and makes it impossible to groom.

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
....and we have asked everyone to park and ride from the lot because we can not have snowmobiles and vehicle traffic on the same rd. It is either a snowmobile trail or a rd. can`t be both. The rd up from the booth at Frisby is icy, big trailers will not make it.
Like I said will have an update later for the wknd. plan.

kgazzard

Reaction score
....and we have asked everyone to park and ride from the lot because we can not have snowmobiles and vehicle traffic on the same rd. It is either a snowmobile trail or a rd. can`t be both. The rd up from the booth at Frisby is icy, big trailers will not make it.
Like I said will have an update later for the wknd. plan.

I don't understand. Snowmobile trail or road? It's been both since the snow started to fly this year. We've been driving up for 3 weeks now with no issues, icy or not.
If you rerouted traffic (enclosed trailers included) to the side road, there's more than enough parking along that stretch to hold all the weekend traffic, without blocking the groomer, all while enforcing the trail pass fee. The road is not steep and no issues turning anything around there.
Forcing guys to ride from the parking lot on that much gravel caused many to bypass your trail fee on the side road this week. Everyday I came off the hill, there were more and more trucks parked there.

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a question about the yamacam.... i just looked at it. i am in alberta and it is 4:22pm.... the yamacam says the shot is from 4:22 pm..... is the yamacam set to alberta time for some reason?
is bc not 1 hour behind alberta?

snow_farmer

Reaction score
i have a question about the yamacam.... i just looked at it. i am in alberta and it is 4:22pm.... the yamacam says the shot is from 4:22 pm..... is the yamacam set to alberta time for some reason?
is bc not 1 hour behind alberta?

not 100% sure but I'm guessing it was never changed after the time change.

kgazzard

Reaction score
ec5396b46a53b6bef0559d212093e208.jpg
e6cafc3cc8a8c707d838658908a058cd.jpg
31808f3f8ebc49c36876d19a1adcdfa3.jpg
c0f6ad30bfa8961835fcd53b379eece6.jpg
51f5d2673dbcbec114e68de98125651b.jpg
5369be1a454f71a0df4ecc2315f5d737.jpg

Riding was amazing this week, but you had to look for it. Pretty tracked out and in need of a reload.

Top Bottom