2016/17 Revelstoke Conditions

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never said conditions would be anything close to great. But there will be snow, and we are willing to try. This is an exploration trip to document the snow conditions, as I am sure there are a few people on here who would appreciate that.

Here is what the conditions look like.

tapatalk_1478798999568.jpeg

PowderPuff and SledShed are pretty solid resources on snow conditions.

And when they are saying to stay home, it's usually for good reason.

And isn't this your brother with the mangled A arm?

But whatever you do please don't make a mess of the FSR, everybody can appreciate that :)
Just leaving revy now after riding Boulder the past two days. Both times parking at the 15km gates and riding 1.5 miles of snow/mud/rocks/water to the cabin. Snow is receding quick and today the last km was all mud to the parking lot. I think they should close it until they get more snow. Once up yesterday the snow was fairly mushy, very much like spring riding. We probed 170cm right near turbo and 120cm at sugar bowl. Today there was 14-16" of fresh this morning starting only at 6500feet. Made for an awesome day today with off and on sun, at least 30 sleds in there today. Overall good weekend and worth the trip but will not be going back until the snow line comes way down. Here's a couple pics from today//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161107/b650c012f7426f9a968576fa96545643.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jorg Jorgenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is what the conditions look like.

View attachment 200065

PowderPuff and SledShed are pretty solid resources on snow conditions.

And when they are saying to stay home, it's usually for good reason.

And isn't this your brother with the mangled A arm?

But whatever you do please don't make a mess of the FSR, everybody can appreciate that :)

Never questioned that they weren't good resources.

You are correct, cam up at boulder does not lie and that is what conditions are like there. I have access to the same website as you do for checking conditions, no disrespect.

That was a group of riders who met up with them that day last week, not his A-arm. Yes obviously there are risks with early season. My sled usually becomes a rock magnet in January every year instead of November so you are always rolling the dice. Just looking to put some snow on my sliders (however little that may be) and take some pictures. We will not be tearing up the road for everyone else.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I suggest even more people would appreciate you not making a total mess of the road/trail .
Hence why I said to keep the enclosed at home lol

There is a time and place for an enclosed, just a few good snow weeks away

sent while drinking tea's

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really if someone is going to come on here and ask for updates in November, be told the current conditions and understand it isn't great because of what they already know and are updated by people who also know then determine they are going to ride anyways, why bother asking? Just go ride lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

extrmsled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just driving down from frisby. Trucks to end of the road.
unsure how far probably 11-12 km 2 km from gate
1km of rocks and mud
good amount of snow for nov but hard crust layer in am
got soft enough to side hill a bit if sun was on it
not the normal nov powder but still better than the work

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Heard today basically no snow now till close to Boulder cabin, also heard fsr at Sale is a huge mess because of the heavy traffic it is seeing.
Yamacam is working cause it`s sunny enough to collect solar that's the only good news I have.
https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/weather/british-columbia/revelstoke?wx_auto_reload=forecasts:
Rain on Sat. with a temp of 10 looks like rain again to the top. I don`t see anything promising till next wk.
Have a good wknd. and thanks everyone for respecting the closure to wheeled vehicles above the gates, you have all been great.

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's the plan yep, not worth riding

Mabe it's a sxs riding weekend, as mother nature isn't into sledding yet I guess

Reactions: DUS

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's the plan yep, not worth riding

Mabe it's a sxs riding weekend, as mother nature isn't into sledding yet I guess

go get peter and repair the bridge on our trail his skinny honda split it not much fun crossing it on a 64 inch xp 1000

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think everyone going riding this weekend is already drunk off teas. Especially buddy with the 28' enclosed, he's hammered

Teas make you a little crazy after a belly full. Must be the all the sugar and caffeine LOL

rrgfoley@gmail.com

Reaction score
I decided to follow this thread
This season ,, read about what
You guys experiance, since i don't know squat about mountain sledding

Sent from my SM-G530P using Tapatalk

Ray509

Reaction score
it honestly looks like conditions will be pretty thin until end of month, then their calling for a heavy month of December,

Top Bottom