2016/17 Revelstoke Conditions

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
This was sent this morning from Boulder cabin.
Did you know you can text from the cabin in case of an emergency?
bouldercabin password yamaha2016
Yamaha Motor Canada sponsors the Yamacam and your internet.

Attachments

• boulder today.png
    boulder today.png
    266.1 KB · Views: 1,444
Last edited:

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just leaving revy now after riding Boulder the past two days. Both times parking at the 15km gates and riding 1.5 miles of snow/mud/rocks/water to the cabin. Snow is receding quick and today the last km was all mud to the parking lot. I think they should close it until they get more snow. Once up yesterday the snow was fairly mushy, very much like spring riding. We probed 170cm right near turbo and 120cm at sugar bowl. Today there was 14-16" of fresh this morning starting only at 6500feet. Made for an awesome day today with off and on sun, at least 30 sleds in there today. Overall good weekend and worth the trip but will not be going back until the snow line comes way down. Here's a couple pics from today
b650c012f7426f9a968576fa96545643.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CanDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the post -- looks like a fun day -- and an expensive one

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Now at Boulder gate. I bet all the trail work and water bars we have just built are taking a beating. Does someone know what access was like at Frisby yest?

Attachments

• Nov 7 2.png
    Nov 7 2.png
    447.6 KB · Views: 794
  • Nov 7.png
    Nov 7.png
    484.3 KB · Views: 809

Jorg Jorgenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will be watching this thread carefully throughout the week as we are planning to deck-up on Thursday and endure the muddy trails to find the white gold.... Seems like you are likely to find snow up top near the alpine regardless of the temps in town and how rough the trail is from the gates...

MountainRidem7

Reaction score
Planning on heading north from central washington next week to ride revy for the first time, what are the typical elevations of riding areas in revelstoke?

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Planning on heading north from central washington next week to ride revy for the first time, what are the typical elevations of riding areas in revelstoke?

Hit up the sled revelstoke website
Revelstoke Snowmobile Club | Est. 1968, Snowmobiling in Revelstoke- Area 51, Boulder Mtn, Frisby Mtn, Griffin, Turtle, Begbie, Joss, McRae, Keystone, Sale, Caribou Basin, Hall

I believe there is 13 or something different riding areas, read through and descriptions and pick the one that best suits your riding. I would recommend Boulder or Frisby as they have cabins with maps and lots of other riders that you could tag along with for a day to learn the area. Be prepared to drive up a logging road and ride some mud, it's still early season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rotaxrider

Reaction score
Hoping someone found my summit xm jerry can on the frisbee trail Friday last week , you can have the gas just looking to get jerry back

Buster1

Reaction score
I hope you find your jerry can. What km did you park at and how much mud and gravel did you have to ride?

rotaxrider

Reaction score
We parked where the snow started km8 or 9 never really noticed any markers , trail was muddy and water flowing and some snow for the first km cabin only had about 2 feet snow was better up top , I won't be back till it snows more up top and the way revy is that could be any day now lol

JustChilling19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading up Thursday. Will have a 4 place enclosed (28ft). Any idea where the best place to park and ride out of will be? I'm concerned about not being able to turnaround, we usually ride right from the lot. Was also considering going somewhere others then Frisby/Boulder, any suggestions? Have only ever ridden at those two places in Revy. We have a few pro's in the group so over heating is a issue haha

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading up Thursday. Will have a 4 place enclosed (28ft). Any idea where the best place to park and ride out of will be? I'm concerned about not being able to turnaround, we usually ride right from the lot. Was also considering going somewhere others then Frisby/Boulder, any suggestions? Have only ever ridden at those two places in Revy. We have a few pro's in the group so over heating is a issue haha
Don't even bother if you bring the big trailer, don't be that guy that screwed up others day cause your all fawked up on the road in or out

It's a know fact, early and late season is sled deck and 2 place trailer that you can manually turn around on the trail and hook back up

I would say a 28 foot enclosed is a few weeks away at least

sent while drinking tea's

Last edited:

sledshedrevy

Reaction score
crazy warm .sled busting trail wrecking conditions.14 today . its late enough that when it changes it will come down the mtn and away we go but rught now watch the weather forcast carfully before spending the time to come here . the outlying areas are not accessiable unless we get a pile of snow to crush the willows down to allow access .

Top Bottom