2016/17 Revelstoke Conditions

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading up Thursday. Will have a 4 place enclosed (28ft). Any idea where the best place to park and ride out of will be? I'm concerned about not being able to turnaround, we usually ride right from the lot. Was also considering going somewhere others then Frisby/Boulder, any suggestions? Have only ever ridden at those two places in Revy. We have a few pro's in the group so over heating is a issue haha

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
http://yamacam.revelstokesnowmobileclub.com/snap/Schedule_20161108-130000.jpg

Looks like July up there. Record setting high temps all over the province yesterday. Less than a ft. of snow now at cabin.
Yamacam is out of power. So until we get snow again I doubt anyone is going to run 2 kms of mud and rocks to run generator.
Grooming machines are ready to go but until there is enough snow (2-3 ft.) on trails to start building trails and we can reach an area where we can turn around a transport truck and trailer (4 and 6 km at Boulder, snow is 17 km mark now) that won`t be happening.
Elevation closure on Frisby is at treeline. So when you see large evergreens you are there, there was a sign.

Hope you`re all snow dancing.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
what is the best website for checking on the upcoming alpine weather for revelstoke?
Mountain Weather Forecasts
Coordinate this with avalanche.ca for avy conditions. Then creep on hwy, mountain and ski hill Webcams around the same elevation and areas that you will be riding and you get a good picture of what is happening snow, weather and avy wise.
Cheers!

Last edited:

Jorg Jorgenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Riding buddy said he came across a red 28ft enclosed trailer getting loaded up South of Edmonton on his way home from work... if this is the same guy who is heading to Revy Thursday, good on you... We are still contemplating decking up and heading down this weekend, either Thursday or Friday. Maybe not enough snow to ride boulder but that's the nice thing about Sale is you can drive to the snow!!

Alberta boys still on their way, West bound & down

Jorg Jorgenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are headed up to ride Sunday Monday cooler temperatures and up to 20cm Friday sat then another 5-10 on Sunday night

I was looking at that.. we've decided to head out Friday now hoping that the cooler weather comes in quicker than shown and we can benefit from those snow falls as well.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Riding buddy said he came across a red 28ft enclosed trailer getting loaded up South of Edmonton on his way home from work... if this is the same guy who is heading to Revy Thursday, good on you... We are still contemplating decking up and heading down this weekend, either Thursday or Friday. Maybe not enough snow to ride boulder but that's the nice thing about Sale is you can drive to the snow!!

Oh ya, so your egging on the sh!t show eh

Sorry but only place that may have snow for a 28 foot trailer, that can park and ride from, might be quartz Creek

The snow line went way, way back up and I bet even sale is dang near the last cut block and log landing where the helicopter plankers get dropped

You might even have a hard time to get to snow with a deck

sent while drinking tea's

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mountain Weather Forecasts
Coordinate this with avalanche.ca for avy conditions. Then creep on hwy, mountain and ski hill Webcams around the same elevation and areas that you will be riding and you get a good picture of what is happening snow, weather and avy wise.
Cheers!

What Mountain do you use for the Revelstoke area? I can't seem to find any of the peaks on there. It appears it runs off the same data as Snow Forecast.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Make sure you take lots of pictures to document your success

Lol

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh ya, so your egging on the sh!t show eh

Sorry but only place that may have snow for a 28 foot trailer, that can park and ride from, might be quartz Creek

The snow line went way, way back up and I bet even sale is dang near the last cut block and log landing where the helicopter plankers get dropped

You might even have a hard time to get to snow with a deck

sent while drinking tea's

roads are incredibly soft. I bet you can't drive to snow on sale without seriously tearing up that road.

jerrydecoy

Reaction score

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow forecast is not looking promising, freezing level above 8000' until late Friday night, and precipitation is coming starting Friday afternoon. I bet by Friday night there is no snow until the cabin at Boulder. Trail will be a mess. If anyone is riding this weekend please take photos of buddy with the 4 place enclosed when it's upside down off the side of the logging road lol

Jorg Jorgenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure you take lots of pictures to document your success

Lol

I never said conditions would be anything close to great. But there will be snow, and we are willing to try. This is an exploration trip to document the snow conditions, as I am sure there are a few people on here who would appreciate that.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never said conditions would be anything close to great. But there will be snow, and we are willing to try. This is an exploration trip to document the snow conditions, as I am sure there are a few people on here who would appreciate that.

I suggest even more people would appreciate you not making a total mess of the road/trail .

Top Bottom