2015-16 Forster conditions

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Forester last weekend for the first time. Nice area. Saw a crazy sledder right of the cabin,, across the creek climbing the avalanche chute all the way to the top. Also saw 4 sleds playing on the same hill at the same time repeatedly . Thought for sure we would see a death. Also, Not sure what direction it was, but left of the cabin thru trees there is clearly marked "out-of-bounds" area. By Saturday it was a highway into the out of bounds area. Regardless.we had a great time.
Those are the finger slides and i see guys poking them all the time. Last week i saw a group set of good size slide, then they moved over to the next one....
The ob area you mention is the drainage from north star glacier.

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for information about the olive hut, if you've ever stayed there or know much about it please pm me

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Google search olive hit. I think it is Columbia hut society books that one. They range in price. Some start at $25 a night and go up from there.

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Google search olive hit. I think it is Columbia hut society books that one. They range in price. Some start at $25 a night and go up from there.

Ya I"ve done that, its $50/night, more wondering whats inside the hut, do you need to pack your own wood in, that kind of stuff.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is beds with foam mattresses , wood stove cooking pots etc. I would take wood up, the hut society heli drops would each fall but day users burn it up.
There was a propane lantern, not sure what shape its in.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would stay at the Dave white hut instead of the olive hut. Much nicer cabin! I thought the glacier was open mud April? Had some of best days of sledding in Radium.
Pano-dude is Andy still operating the groomer once in awhile?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would stay at the Dave white hut instead of the olive hut. Much nicer cabin! I thought the glacier was open mud April? Had some of best days of sledding in Radium.

Glacier now opens mid feb.
Andy passed away this winter, health related. He did a ton of work for the club over the years.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glacier now opens mid feb.
Andy passed away this winter, health related. He did a ton of work for the club over the years.

No way! Andy was a great guy. He help me bush fix my wife's sled on the trail when he was grooming. Then we rode with him the next day. Then I always stopped in and said hi at his shop when we were skiing, and went riding with him a few times.

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ya I know, the dave white is a heck of a lot easier to get to also. Staying at the olive is just a bucket list thing, wanted to do it since
the first time I saw it.

sledstarr

Reaction score
I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself, my name is Mark Starr and as of October 2015 I took on the position of president with the Windermere Valley Snowmobile Society (SLEDRADIUM.COM) coming soon! Also Spencer took on Vice President and Scott became WVSS director, I would like to let the members of snow and mud know that the WVSS prides it's self on offering a impeccable snowmobile experience to all the visitors of the Forster Creek and Columbia Valley/Radium area, I am deeply disappointed to hear that our trail has not met your standards during your recent visit, I would like to let you know that with any change in a business/non for profit there are some growing pains and this season has been no exception, On a positive note and a first ever for the WVSS we have hired a trail fee collector, we have received a permit to groom past the foot bridge to the cabin and new for next season we will be hiring a grooming operator, I believe that with the fee collector and grooming operator positions and the executive team we will be able to closely communicate to ensure we provide an exceptional trail/snowmobile experience for all snowmobile visitors to the Columbia Valley. The WVSS is also working on many other new and exciting changes for the upcoming season, new maintained areas, website, and a few others that will remain our secret till they become a reality, thank you to everyone that visits our community and I look forward to seeing you on trail in the future, don't forget we sled right till MAY 31st in the Forster Creek area so don't put that sled away just yet, also if you have any ideas, thoughts, suggestions or comments or concerns feel free to contact me
directly at 2503417169 or sledradium@gmail.com

Thank You

Sledradium.com (coming soon)

Last edited:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself, my name is Mark Starr and as of October 2015 I took on the position of president with the Windermere Valley Snowmobile Society (SLEDRADIUM.COM) coming soon! Also Spencer took on Vice President and Scott became WVSS director, I would like to let the members of snow and mud know that the WVSS prides it's self on offering a impeccable snowmobile experience to all the visitors of the Forster Creek and Columbia Valley/Radium area, I am deeply disappointed to hear that our trail has not met your standards during your recent visit, I would like to let you know that with any change in a business/non for profit there are some growing pains and this season has been no exception, On a positive note and a first ever for the WVSS we have hired a trail fee collector, we have received a permit to groom past the foot bridge to the cabin and new for next season we will be hiring a grooming operator, I believe that with the fee collector and grooming operator positions and the executive team we will be able to closely communicate to ensure we provide an exceptional trail/snowmobile experience for all snowmobile visitors to the Columbia Valley. The WVSS is also working on many other new and exciting changes for the upcoming season, new maintained areas, website, and a few others that will remain our secret till they become a reality, thank you to everyone that visits our community and I look forward to seeing you on trail in the future, don't forget we sled right till MAY 31st in the Forster Creek area so don't put that sled away just yet, also if you have any ideas, thoughts, suggestions or comments or concerns feel free to contact me
directly at 2503417169 or sledradium@gmail.com

Thank You

Sledradium.com (coming soon)

Thanks for your input Mark, it says a lot about your commitment to the sport and your area when you address people concerns on this site.
I'm riding Forester for the first time this weekend. Will the trails be groomed?
Thanks again.

S&M Administrator.

Machomachoman

Reaction score
Thanks for your input Mark, it says a lot about your commitment to the sport and your area when you address people concerns on this site.
I'm riding Forester for the first time this weekend. Will the trails be groomed?
Thanks again.

S&M Administrator

AKA sledbunny slips a disc on the trail this weekend and the word "forester" shall never be uttered on this site again

sledstarr

Reaction score
Trail will be groomed Friday night, hopefully to the cabin but to the foot bridge at the very least as we are having difficulty getting the drag past the foot bridge to the cabin (needs to be n experienced operator) we like to groom every Friday and Tuesday night with an additional Saturday groom during busy periods, enjoy Forster and don't forget your camera :)

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Trail will be groomed Friday night, hopefully to the cabin but to the foot bridge at the very least as we are having difficulty getting the drag past the foot bridge to the cabin (needs to be n experienced operator) we like to groom every Friday and Tuesday night with an additional Saturday groom during busy periods, enjoy Forster and don't forget your camera :)

Thanks....always have a camera :)

sledstarr

Reaction score
U r the administrator for snow and mud? If that's the case please send me a email before u come out his weekend

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sled bunny it's your first time there you will love it. I hope it's sunny for you then it's an amazing scenic place. If it's socked in it can get small pretty fast, but lots of little hidden nooks and cranny's to play in. And now that the glacier is open you have to go check the olive hut out! I love it there!

Top Bottom