2015-16 Forster conditions

cat1

Reaction score
How is the road in and staging area, heading there on the weekend with a enclosed trailer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

altaredneck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty good. However towards the top sheer ice. I have studs had to pull my buddy and trailer up the last climb. Very slippery this past Sunday. Hope this helps. Snow was worth it though.

dkushner

Reaction score
We are thinking about checking our Forster after some riding in Golden area. Is there access to Forster via the Golden/Radium highway or is the best/only way to come into Radium and follow directions as already in the thread? Many thanks

Hydro

Reaction score
How's it looking at Forster for this weekend? I've never been up there, but have a new guy in the group this weekend and wouldn't mind check it out.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Logging is done for a bit. Road is frozen in am muuuddy coming out.

Deeep today
IMG_1293.jpg

powder dreams

Reaction score
Any weekend snow reports? Heading out in the morning. Might go to brewers tomorrow then Forster the fallowing couple days if the snows alright.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi PD Think I saw you guys at store was going to stop and BS. Look like you had a good day.

Should have said hi! Was one of my top days ever, until my secondary took a dump....

goldtip

Reaction score
Looks like that was a great day Pano Dude! Any reports on snow coming today/tonight/tomorrow up high? Supposed to be a big storm coming from the coast today and heading all the way across half of BC and all of Washington. Me and several buddies are heading up Friday to ride Saturday and Sunday.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Forecast is calling for heavy snow tonight and tomorrow clearing Friday, then dumping again Saturday and Sunday.

goldtip

Reaction score
Thanks pano, appreciate the response. Sounds like good fresh stuff on the way!

altaredneck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Headed there Friday and Saturday. With the elevated avi risk just wondering how safe it is to poke up thunder water on the left. Is it known to slide? Been there about 10 times usually seems pretty safe however there's always a risk. Just wondering if anyone knows if it slides that much. Thanks

crashidy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is definitely a firm layer about 30 cm down that i would describe as slippery. The surface snow was not slabby but was stiff. North facing definitely had some top 15 cm windslab. I imagine with a bit more snow and steeper terrain the likely hood of dry snow slides might increase.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Headed there Friday and Saturday. With the elevated avi risk just wondering how safe it is to poke up thunder water on the left. Is it known to slide? Been there about 10 times usually seems pretty safe however there's always a risk. Just wondering if anyone knows if it slides that much. Thanks

Thunder water pull rips out every now and then. Every day is different, need to assess when there. Pay attention to other indicators, like fresh sluffs off peaks, finger slide activity etc.
Good info from crashidy, add a bunch of fresh snow last night and probably sun tomorrow.

Top Bottom