2014 headlight delete

Stroked108

Reaction score
Anything I should know before deleting my headlights on my 14 pro ? I heard it can be hard on the electrical or something like that ? Just making sure before I do it

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It can cause issues with the 2013 and 14 sleds with the 1 voltage regulator on the belt guard. Half the regulator controls the ECU and the other half controls things like headlights and handlebars warmers. When you delete the headlight there is less voltage being used which will make the regulator run hotter. This can cause it to fail as well as take out the ECU side, which can in turn take out your ECU. Easy fix is to buy a regulator like the 2011 pros and older sleds have. It looks the same as the 2013 and 14 ones but has a flat bottom and only have one plug coming out of it which is 3 prongs. Mount it to the belt guard beside the stock one. Unplug the 3 prong plug on the stock one and plug in into the new regulator. Now they are seperate, so if the regulator fails from having no headlights it will not damage the ECU. this is how I have been running mine all year with no issues. This setup also makes it the same the 2011 and 2012 pros which had no issues with headlight deletes.

poo88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can also get a headlight delete with 2 55 watt lights in it.. Not sure what stock watts are but it's another option

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

R

Ryan Verrecchia

Take them out lip tie the light bulbs on the the sled somewhere inside. Or you can paint them and have a nice colour shiny-thought the sled in spots. I had one but then "mountain fit hoods" came out with their new hoods for the pro so now the whole pod is an air box so going to run that now also lighter than the stock hood.

Bobum Man

Reaction score
Has anyone actually fried an ecm yet on a 2013 or 2014 after doing the delete? I'm putting in the skins delete and got the light to mount on, will that light draw enough power to compensate? There is lots of speculation saying the ecm will go but so far have only seen educated opinions.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There have been a couple of guys on snowest that have had failures. I have had zero issues with my 13 running a two voltage regulator setup.

Top Bottom