2014 freeride 137 ?

Senow

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm just signed up so sup. I'm getting a 2014 free ride and can't make my mind up about the track. I would like a 137 because ill never be riding in mountains but I will be ripping deep powder and rivers and lakes ect. So what you think 137 or 146? Ill be using it for coyote hunting and I need to be able to run them down no prob. I know 137 will do the job just fine and everyone probly thinking why not go with renegade and the answer is I want the free ride.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
depends if you want the t-motion or the r-motion.

I would think the 137 since the t-motion is more for mountains.

Senow

Reaction score
Well I'm not running them over I'm just getting that much closer

MattM

Reaction score
my bro is riding a 2011 freeride in 137 with 2.25 lug is does well all round. We mostly ride in Kakwa. he does pretty good its no hill climber but for the low angle stuff it has no prob. allot more fresh falls out there than allot of places.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
go with the 137" for your riding. 146" is overkill for flat land.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's your money, but why are you even considering the Freeride?

It is supposed to be a purpose built sled for the back country. Doing gap jumps and dropping cornices. The more and more people who buys these sleds gives BRP a sense that the sled is being used for its intended purposes. Meanwhile ditch bangers and trail riders run around on Freerides because they look cool and have a cool name with cool colors.

Again, your money and you can buy whatever you want but its just like the guys out East who buy Summits. Soon Summits will have mirrors and heated seats because of what the flatlanders want on a sled.

:)

Buy yes I would agree a 137. Why not the Renegage? I have never looked at the specs but its likely 30 pounds lighter than the Freeride.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow really? Not sure what you know about riding trails and ditches in the"flatlands" but sounds like you know dick all about it or freerides. I bought one for the suspension. Trails and ditches around here are not smooth. Suspension comes into it big time. Getting a little old hearing people's opinion on a freeride when they don't own one. But you are entitled to your opinion aren't you.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So tell me what is so great about the Freeride suspension that makes it the ideal sled for rough trails?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow really? Not sure what you know about riding trails and ditches in the"flatlands" but sounds like you know dick all about it or freerides. I bought one for the suspension. Trails and ditches around here are not smooth. Suspension comes into it big time. Getting a little old hearing people's opinion on a freeride when they don't own one. But you are entitled to your opinion aren't you.

I hear yea on the flat lands. I mainly ride mountains these days, but if I was going to be ditch banging, Id want something very fast, with wicked suspension...

So Id say F#ck the freeride,,get one of these...
2011-Ski-Doo-MXZ-X-RS.jpg

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So tell me what is so great about the Freeride suspension that makes it the ideal sled for rough trails?

Was it not designed for jumping? Is the sled not re-enforced? I can ride quickly over stuff easily then other sleds I have been on because the suspension I designed to ABSORB! Have you ever riden a trail bike like an xr over a whooped out section and the taken a race bike like a cr over the same whooped out section? If not then the whole suspension concept is lost on you.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was it not designed for jumping? Is the sled not re-enforced? I can ride quickly over stuff easily then other sleds I have been on because the suspension I designed to ABSORB! Have you ever riden a trail bike like an xr over a whooped out section and the taken a race bike like a cr over the same whooped out section? If not then the whole suspension concept is lost on you.

Why would I even ride a Honda to being with?

You can easily take a backcountry renegade and have the shocks revalved for hald the price of the difference between the renegade X and a Freeride and have a far superior riding sled for your needs. There are already numerous people who comment how bad the Freeride shocks are and have them revalved. Some of them are members on here. Depending on the length of your track, you might also be experiencing the effect of bridging. Depending on the extent of the bumps in the trail, a longer track sled will sometimes go over the smaller bumps where a shorter track sled will ride in them.

But yeah I must be lost on the whole suspension concept. Thanks tips.

Thankfully I don't ride trails or I would have to look at dropping $15,000 on a Freeride.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hahahahhhaha

everyone must like the green

I hated my freeride lol and I ride backcountry now hate's a strong word but I would have prefered a summit after having the freeride all winter,, but on the whoops and big downhills it was a superhero 80km/h over 4 footers like a cadilac but too stable for me I like being on 1 ski most the day

love the new xm

Top Bottom