2014 6.7 cummins 3500

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Keep in mind there is no deletes available yet for '14&'15 .... H&s is working on it, but the new trucks have 25 firewalls in the computer for them to get through.... Previous 6.7l only had 5 firewalls, and the 5.9l only had 2 firewalls.... This is the layman's terms of what they are facing, but as of now, there still isn't anything available ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind there is no deletes available yet for '14&'15 .... H&s is working on it, but the new trucks have 25 firewalls in the computer for them to get through.... Previous 6.7l only had 5 firewalls, and the 5.9l only had 2 firewalls.... This is the layman's terms of what they are facing, but as of now, there still isn't anything available ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Actually deletes came out for the '13 and up about a month ago. Hardway performance in the US is doing it. As of now they need your truck in person but will soon be able to ship your ECM to them and they will program it. No performance tuning, just deletes. So far they've seen a slight mpg increase and a better running truck. No issues have been reported as of yet.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I suspect a lot of front end issues is driver speed or lift related. My 01, 03, and 07 3500 SRW longbox 4x4 diesels all had well over 200,000 km when I sold them, never replaced a ball joint, nor did I need to - I did replace front axle u-joints and driveshaft u-joints though, as well as the track bar on the 01. (I am a licensed mech, and inspect truck every time it is serviced). All I've ever added for a lift was a 2" levelling kit to increase body clearance off road (I work in the oil patch). I had transmission services and differential services at 30,000km intervals, religiously, no chips, etc. I use Amsoil synthetic oils, change fuel filters every time I change oil. Rear brakes last an average of 100,000 km, fronts make it to 120,000 km. Picked up a new 2014 2 months ago and love the truck. I did look at Fords, but the Dodge won based on ground clearance. GM not considered due to low hanging DEF tank.
All of the brands have issues, same as sleds, quads, bikes, etc. Find a good dealer and maintain your equipment (shocks, brakes, u-joints, etc) and it will last. My neighbor has an 06 3500 4X4 with 349000 km, still on original automatic tranny (& the 48RE was underbuilt IMHO)
BTW, my trucks spend 60% of their life off road, the other 40% is towing / hauling. But I don't drive over 80km/h on rough gravel roads, especially when carrying 2500 - 3000# of freight to the rig.

Last edited:

Syclone74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 2014 3500 long box crew cab. Picking it up Thursday. I was going back and forth between getting another cummins or the new hemi 6.4. I went with the 6.4 hemi. Hoping it works out well. Been doing research and lots of guys have made the switch to the big hemi and have been very happy.

Hope you have better luck than me. Truck has been fine but only 37000km on it and it's spent more time in the shop due to electrical issues with the computer. Really considering trading this Monday truck in for a new D-max. Only had the thing 5 months.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope you have better luck than me. Truck has been fine but only 37000km on it and it's spent more time in the shop due to electrical issues with the computer. Really considering trading this Monday truck in for a new D-max. Only had the thing 5 months.
What kind of issues?

Syclone74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Start the truck and have no speedo..digital or gauge. All lights start flashing while washing truck. Computer has a stroke and all the warning lights come on...service engine,brakes,trailer breaks ect Vibratation in trans while holding a constant speed...in town and on hiway. Fob and truck don't communicate for unlocking the doors. The list goes on. Can't complain about fuel mileage or towing cause it has more than enough power to pull my 32' bumper pull with full toolbox in the back and quad on top but mileage sucks. But empty with just toolbox and quad in the back its around 14-17l/100.

tjw

Reaction score
Just sold my delete 12 cummins with just shy of 300,000km, awesome truck always had at least one quad on the deck and box full of gear and didn't baby it. Front end and trans held up just fine. Hopefully my 14 holds up the same. Stock 14 maybe a little more gutless but gets way better mileage all around.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Start the truck and have no speedo..digital or gauge. All lights start flashing while washing truck. Computer has a stroke and all the warning lights come on...service engine,brakes,trailer breaks ect Vibratation in trans while holding a constant speed...in town and on hiway. Fob and truck don't communicate for unlocking the doors. The list goes on. Can't complain about fuel mileage or towing cause it has more than enough power to pull my 32' bumper pull with full toolbox in the back and quad on top but mileage sucks. But empty with just toolbox and quad in the back its around 14-17l/100.

Sounds like my 2014 ram 1500 30,000 km and 30 days at least in the shop. Due to a connection I saved 11k over a ford or chev 1/2 ton with the same options. I really like the truck so I'm going to keep it for now

tweeds

Reaction score
Have a 2013 3500 c/c l/b only 2" frt lift and 35" dick cepeks. Definitely has been a few electrical glitches fixed by reflashes. Lites flash while washing, no blue tooth, gauges erratic. But empty 11.8L/100. Towing not so good.... 22-32/L/100. 3:42 gears. Wish there was a delete with complete exhaust I trusted. Sold my '03 duramax with 540,000 on it....

Arma-Coat Finishes

Reaction score
I have my 2014 dually and its excellent on fuel with no mods....great truck.I get between 9.8L-12.0L/110km's on fuel lightly loaded. With my fountain fever 27 boat which weighs close to 9000lbs it goes up to15-16L/100km's. Cant go wrong with these trucks.Great interior with lots of room in the crew cab.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The flashing lights when washing is normal if truck is equipped with the keyless opening on the front doors - the handle doesn't differentiate between your hand or water droplets.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The flashing lights when washing is normal if truck is equipped with the keyless opening on the front doors - the handle doesn't differentiate between your hand or water droplets.

My wifes Lexus is the same.. it absolutely freaks out in the car wash

Top Bottom