2014 6.7 cummins 3500

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got rid of my ram 3500 due to multiple electronic issues which are frustrating when covered by warranty, and very expensive when bumper to bumper runs out. Also multiple front end issues and took out the headgasket.

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I learned my lesson on the Dodges too.

Worst part is, they aren't even really any cheaper than the other HD's anymore.

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really surprised you haven't seen more Dodge front end issues through your shop. Guys must be living with them as is. I actually started thinking the float and bump steer of my old 2010 was normal until I got behind the wheel of something else. And that was with a new Fox dual steering stabilizer, track bar and steering box brace at 65,000kms.

And the only reason Dodge sent out their tie rod recall was to end the class action lawsuit against their trucks. Poor excuse for a recall in my opinion.

No brand is perfect but I'll take a mechanical failure over a safety failure any day.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
We repair more than our fair share of dodge front ends , but also do fords and Chevys.... The tie rod recall is a good design changeup.... Have never seen a broken one, mostly ball joints... We've solved 100's maybe 1000's of Ford and dodge death wobble problems through our doors..... My 2011 3500 megacab diesel only has bigger tires/rims and front level kit, and the tie rod recall-- front end never touched other than that and all is tight.... So whatever, your opinion, you're entitled to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never seen a broken one? Maybe because they all got towed back to the Dodge dealer. Lol

And yes it is my opinion that the recall being forced due to lawsuits is ridiculous.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Even more ridiculous is the ignition switch recall recently put out on millions of gm vehicles that cause fires... We've seen many of these, and gm admitted knowing about this since 2002.... Over 100 deaths confirmed as a result of the switch failure...hmmmm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep that is ridiculous. But doesn't really relate to this thread or HD trucks. It seems like every thread I post negative info on Dodge front ends, you bring up other manufacturer issues. I'm just calling a spade a spade.

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:popcorn:
I think that video just goes to show how much better the Ford is. That just means it's going to be able to keep a drive wheel on the ground longer than the Dodge. Which equals better traction in all conditions.

Kidding kidding! That is definitely not Ford's strong point. Lol

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am screwed I have a Polaris and a Dodge 3500.

I worked at a Ford dealer as a tech for 15 years. Not a Ford fan anymore.

Too funny, a friend who was reading this thread just sent me the same text. He's got a Poo and Dodge too.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Too funny, a friend who was reading this thread just sent me the same text. He's got a Poo and Dodge too.

Too funny. Both Polaris and Dodge have been good to me.

I only drive maybe 20 thousand km a year.

It's a rzr not a sled.

canadiancon

Reaction score
The company I used to work for we had 2 ram 5500 service trucks one 2011 and one 2012 fully loaded crane wekder etc on them and they got beat on hard on the logging roads, over 200000 k between the two and not one problem. It's funny people always bring up front ends problems, it's an easy fix. At least they won't leave you stranded like a pos power stroke or duramax. Cummins hands down is the better engine.

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha that's hilarious. If you had a guaranteed fix, you'd be a rich man. Impressive no issues with them though.

Cummins hands down is a more reliable engine. Stock for stock, she's a dog though.

But seriously if you had an easy fix for the weak Dodge front ends, they would be beating down your door to make you a wealthy man. Just do a search online, still lots of guys spending tons of money and time just to troubleshoot, nevermind actually fixing the issue.

It's like sleds, you'll have fan boys for every brand.

canadiancon

Reaction score
A dog? Have you ever driven one with some weight in it? Our company had both f550 and ram 5500 and the ram would pull on the fords no problem loaded over 20000 lbs, fords were always in the shop, left me stranded 3 times, between the branches it used to be all fords and now they are switching over to dodges, no more problems. Have owned nothing but Chrysler products my whole life with very little problems, a proper maintenance routine goes a long way no matter what brand it is.

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope, I don't load them up anywhere near capacity other than GVRW.

I know they're not race cars but brisk acceleration and passing power is nice to have. And Ram is always last on the towing test times on the HD trucks. Is this not the case?

I just don't play the game of pretending that Dodges don't have weak front ends and the highest rates of death wobble. I rolled the dice and bought one when they used to be cheaper than the other HD's and payed the price. Between the Dodge dealer, local diesel mechanics, Cummins forums, and the money I put into my truck for band aids, I don't trust them. And mine was in no way, shape or form, an isolated incident. Stock or otherwise.

Alright, I'm sounding like a broken record, do your homework before you buy a Dodge. And yes, that Cummins will still be running when the rest of the truck is done. No question. And you'll be ripping around with the best interior out there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom