2014 / 2015 Valemount Conditions and Updates

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well....what was supposed to be a blue bird day preceded with much anticipation, ended up being less than stellar weather wise. The sun never fully came out to warm up the snow and conditions remained extremely icy and slippery.

After a group decision not to climb due to the slippery conditions, we said fawk that and went for it anyway. We ended up having a sick day and I even bagged a first assent!

Stoke to be able to do this stuff with good friends. Check below to the video link to some of the shenanigans.

It saddens me a bit to say that this may just have been my last ride of the year as I am heading down to a week of meetings with the Canadian Avalanche Association.

It was quite the year for Frozen Pirate as we trained many people in avalanche Safety, developed new riders skills, guided sledders into some amazing terrain and just simply enjoyed the mountains and ripped with good friends.

I cannot end the season without again giving a shout out and Thank You these sick groups for supporting Frozen Pirate this season.

Thanks everyone. Ride Safe
Curtis

Martin Motor Sports
Best Western Plus Valemount Inn & Suites
Strikt Gear Company
Raptor Performance Shocks
Backcountry Access
Three Ranges Brewing Company
Hardoncameramounts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=118&v=EaE-3ybv40c

Don't forget about helping save a fellow sledder's life!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
AWESOME on sunday. actually carving bumper deep powder on certain aspects shocking really. season done for me!

10850308_10153336805758112_5571683134518696945_n.jpg

2010m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do you access the trail this time year with trucks? Do go from the staging area or to the next turn out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes it's about 1km past the normal staging area , you can't miss it . Then drive up approx 11-12 km till u hit snow. I haven't been up since the weekend before so I'm not sure how much past the 11 km mark u can get the truck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The sun has been beating down on Valemount for the last few days and the weather has been sick. Riders are still at it in the Clemina area and it looks like staging is up around the 14-15km marker. Wish I had some more info but that is all we have at this time. Ride safe and enjoy the sun.

2010m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was there on Saturday and staged at 12.5 and rode snow from there. Weather was beautiful and hardly a track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FatGuy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The CN shack along the tracks by Allen creek.
Had our annual may long ride up clemina.
Great weather. Still good snow. Nice and slushy. Staged km 13.5
rode good slush from there. Had a blast. Rode dirt bikes around the lake Sunday and back sledding Monday.
Try and get some pics up.

Top Bottom