2014 / 2015 Valemount Conditions and Updates

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am in NO way making light of the situation, and am VERY happy to hear that Kyle is doing well, and going to make a recovery. GREAT work by a GREAT group of people. My question, however, is: What does it cost to be rescued? And, what does it cost to have his sled pulled out of there? Just a curiosity thing, as I certainly don't PLAN on ever needing either.

A heli rescue from Clemina would be around 1500$ on a sunny day. But being where the sled is they can't land and hook up I won't even venture a guess

git r done

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heres to a quick recovery!! Any fresh snow around. Heard it was getting a lil tracked up. Anyone know first hand how the snow layers are looking as of recent? Havent been up there for a coule weeks.

Big nasty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, the video was a little freaky the first time I seen it. Get well soon Kyle, and play safe everyone.

bj_lucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Kyle, when your doing better , and if your willing i would like to hear your story from your presepective. What helped, what didn't, ect.. We all can be in your boots in a heart beat and might help hearing what it's like when in a situation like that. I've often thought I can tag a tree and break an arm or leg just as fast....

dragontamer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get well soon man. I seen a guy last year right from where Curtis is videoing from, go over the top on a turbo pro and land in the shoot just to the left of where Kyle landed, happens pretty fast!

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope someone is still sleddin at Valemount and posts some snow conditions soon... Looks like rain rain rain hope its snow snow snow

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All I can report from the valley bottom is it started raining at 2 this morning , woke to pouring rain around 9 am , it back off around 11 am and it's been drizzling all day , pretty mild around 0 so hopefully it's snow up top , Iv got a Cpl buddies that went up to Allen for the afternoon so I ask when they get back.
Sorry no actually report from up top .

Summit River Lodge
" The Secrets Out"

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a couple pics of the New Clemina cabin with the seating installed , thanks to Kyle's crew for bringing me back pics . I never did get to see it as I was on my way when I did my dislocation.

Please please take your garbage out with you please .

Summit River Lodge
" The Secrets Out"

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did I miss the stripper pole :confused:

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey all, anyone braving these wet conditions with camera equipment deserves a high five. The rain has not let off in the valley bottom for a few days now and I have had reports of freezing levels to over 1800m:mad: The weather certainly has been a mixed bag over the last two weeks.

The remote weather stations are showing periods of snow and then mixed rain in upper treeline / alpine regions and I am unsure of any new snowfall amounts. The riding areas were hit pretty hard over the weekend and I am sure they could use a reload.

Sorry, no one I know of has ridden in the last few days, so no direct info from us. There have been very minimal users on the trails over the last few days. We are going to hold off grooming tomorrow night and hope it will cool down a little bit for a Thursday evening groom.

I will be heading up to the Clemina Shelter tomorrow with a trailer full of supplies and will bring back any info I can along with a few pictures if the weather clears at all.

Sled safe

sledhunter

Reaction score
I am in NO way making light of the situation, and am VERY happy to hear that Kyle is doing well, and going to make a recovery. GREAT work by a GREAT group of people. My question, however, is: What does it cost to be rescued? And, what does it cost to have his sled pulled out of there? Just a curiosity thing, as I certainly don't PLAN on ever needing either.

Good question, I managed this one and countless other like it. In BC search and rescue is FREE. That can change if the 911 call is for an Air Ambulance and BC Ambulance Service sends in their helicopter from Kamloops, then the patient gets a bill from BCAS for their helicopter. Search and rescue does not recover snowmobiles, but Yellowhead Helicopters does.

Dale Mason
SAR Manager
Robson Valley Search & Rescue

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome! but what's with the stools is there a Starbucks in there too. Venti chai latte please

Would you rather sit with your back to the wall , or on a picnic table in the middle of cabin or sit on a stool at a bar table looking out onto hill climb .
I'll take the bar table and stools. :):)

Summit River Lodge
" The Secrets Out"

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The boys just got back from Allen with reports of steady sleet hammering down up top . hopefully tonight with cooler temperatures it will turn the sleet into snow .

Summit River Lodge
" The Secrets Out"

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418180883.168949.jpg

Someone just posts this on Facebook from Clemina today

Top Bottom