2014 / 2015 Valemount Conditions and Updates

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were played out early and came bake to the lake and there was 30 or 40 sleds pounding around the lake. I think the ice is ok.

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We just had four days of awesome thanks Varda and thanks Terry and Lisa, our incredible hosts. We have had such great trips out here. Even if the trails are whooped out.....suck it up princesses...would you rather be working.

Thanks Mike you guys are awesome , had ball and tonight in the sled shed we had our first 180 shot by Arlos on from mikes crew on the dartboard mike and I followed with a 119 and a 125 .
The 180 is pretty impressive .

Oh and it's snowing out
The darts

Oh and here's mike doing dishes
God bless him

Now that Mike and them are leaving Chappel was handle bar deep the last 2 days . Trail is hell but snow is incredible

Summit River Lodge
" The Secrets Out"

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mike you guys are awesome , had ball and tonight in the sled shed we had our first 180 shot by Arlos on from mikes crew on the dartboard mike and I followed with a 119 and a 125 .
The 180 is pretty impressive .

Oh and it's snowing out
The darts

Oh and here's mike doing dishes
God bless him

Now that Mike and them are leaving Chappel was handle bar deep the last 2 days . Trail is hell but snow is incredible

Summit River Lodge
" The Secrets Out"
If you can find your way back of the lake....

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I apologize and have to retract my last comment from last night . "Trail is hell but snow was incredible"
Trail was great . I meant It was a little hell for the boys coming out cause they stayed up late , hit the parking lot early , road hard , burnt all there fuel . Then had a 25 km trail ride out.
Again
I do apologize for that misleading statement .
:(:(:(:(

Summit River Lodge
" The Secrets Out"

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Valemount and surrounding areas still plagued with unseasonably warm temperatures. We are receiving some precipitation although the amounts and locations have been extremely variable. We have had to do some major adjustments with our grooming schedule until we get back to winter at the lower elevations.

On behalf of everyone at VARDA, please have a Merry Christmas and a safe holiday season.

Clemina: Will be groomed again the evening of Sunday, December 21

Allen Creek: EXTREME CAUTION NEW TRAIL CLOSED DUE TO ICE.
We are very sorry to say that grooming of this area has been cancelled until further notice. Please watch for open water bars and other natural hazards on the trail.

Chappell: Will be groomed again Sunday, December 21

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
C'mon Santa, just want some snow please. I will be a good boy, I promise.

getoan

Reaction score
Bring on the snow!!! Terry, looks like that doo's parked at the Summit River Lodge drive in movies!
And it just might be getting reloaded again , snowing pretty good at the moment .

Summit River Lodge
" The Secrets Out"

palerider57

Reaction score
Rode Clemina Sunday and Saturday. Decent conditions up top, but landmines still available to wreck sled if not careful. Saw evidence of several surface avalanches Sunday. Had some great entertainment Saturday watching hill climb, and lots of rider-less sleds throughout.

06yamahaapex

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do you guys think a spare sled would be safe on a sled deck for the day at clemina parking lot? coming from edmonton with 4 guys and just wanted to have a spare sled incase **** happens over the holidays....

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
do you guys think a spare sled would be safe on a sled deck for the day at clemina parking lot? coming from edmonton with 4 guys and just wanted to have a spare sled incase **** happens over the holidays....

chain it down, make it tough to take, they'll only take the "simple" ones.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you not use super clamps with your sled deck? Lock Em and you should be fine.

Top Bottom