2013 rev XM or 2013 Arctic cat m8 limited?

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So Im lookin for a newer sled I have a 2008 skidoo summit x but want to upgrade just wondering which way I should go, I have ridden the Xm a couple times now and it almost seemed to easy to flop over but I think thats because Im so used to my 08 summit that thing I have to really put my wieght into it to throw around!

I have not ridden the newer arctic cats yet but I could get a brand new 2013 m8 limited for under 12 grand so its very tempting!

I have been looking at XMs as well but it seems there 12 grand for used one which im ok with but a new sled is always better!

So are the 2013 arctic cats so bad? I know there engine is reliable but I heard horror stories about the 12s and belt issues and so on!

My main concern is having a sled that is reliable, I just want to have a sled that I dont have to worry about wrenchin on all the time!

Also all I ride is mountians steep and deep!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you have answered your own question. There is a reason that there are no 2012 SkiDoo or Polaris's to be had.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 1600km on my 12 Proclimb with on blown belt around 500km. I love this sled and the xm's are kickin a$$ as well.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not impressed with the 2012 Cat's but the 13's were leaps and bounds better and can only be better again with weightloss in 2014. That said 13 vs 13 I'd have the XM.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had a xm and a 13 proclimb in our group all last year. Both had 174"x3" tracks for first trips. They were very equal on the hill slight edge to the xm. Then the Proclimb guy dropped 50 lbs with CF hood ,c3 belt drive and Slp and linderman porting. The proclimb was unbelievable and out climbed the xm by a fair bit. Very reliable never skipped a beat all season. With that being said if I was to choose I would buy a xm. That xm is so much more fun to carve and play with. If your a all out hill climber I would suggest the proclimb but for a sled that right out the box that xm is sweet. There is no right answer they are both very good sleds.

Last edited:

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys I have been leaning towards the XM only because Ive ridden it and it was a awesome ride but really liked the look of the new cat but its difficult to get a test ride together! Skidoo makes it so easy with there demo rides I wish cat and poo did the same!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys I have been leaning towards the XM only because Ive ridden it and it was a awesome ride but really liked the look of the new cat but its difficult to get a test ride together! Skidoo makes it so easy with there demo rides I wish cat and poo did the same!
Sssssshhhh..... what they don't know won't hurt them.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How come your not considering the pro rmk? I've been told numerous times it is THE mountain sled to have.

But really. The xm is worth the $ compared to the others. And 4yr warranty? Are you joking? Who can argue with that!!

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How come your not considering the pro rmk? I've been told numerous times it is THE mountain sled to have.

But really. The xm is worth the $ compared to the others. And 4yr warranty? Are you joking? Who can argue with that!!

I have never been a fan of polaris heard of way to many stories of there engines blowing up in there sleds and side by side vehicles from friends with personal experiances

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have never been a fan of polaris heard of way to many stories of there engines blowing up in there sleds and side by side vehicles from friends with personal experiances

Some times it's hard to pick up on sarcasm when reading, and that was pure sarcasm!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm that's strange, are you sure? because the 2004 Cats had EFI and Doo didn't come out with any type of injection system for almost a decade after Cat did..... :D
Yea but the skidoo carbs with DPM actually work really good on mountain sleds tho. Unlike the old powder specials ect. Doo has been messing with Direct injection since 2000 mainly to meet tuff emissions standards for 2stokes that will be coming in the future. On a NA sled ill take carbs any day. I find they have way better throttle response & simple to tune when modding. Polaris had efi in the 90's on the indy 500 doesn't mean it was any good.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In 1999 skidoo introduced orbital direct injection in the seadoo gtx di and in 2002 the introduced the 800 2-tec sdi semi direct injection. Just encase anyone from artic cat wants to know. 1/2 a decade before cat.

Top Bottom