2013 rev XM or 2013 Arctic cat m8 limited?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think there is about 800-1000 bucks difference between the two if I remember right with the cat being on the cheaper end but from what I was told the XM did not respond well to any pipe mods or head mod and little to be gained with porting which speaks volumes for how efficient it is, I saw a few with big bore kits ands didnt think it was worth the money but they may not have them dialed in yet. The cat loves add ons and we really got huge gains out of a 13 proclimb last year, the thing was a monster. With a pipe kit, porting and some lightweight parts we saw 52 mph track speed and that was spinning a 3" 174! In defence to the XM it was bone stock with some clutching and a can and I think it was in the 45 mph track speed also with a 3" 174 but it just didnt have the torque or holding power of the cat, nor should it. I feel that if the same money was put into each machine the cat would have the edge but maybe someone will figure out something this year and change the game again, who knows.
Talk to Ralph at split second performance. He gets 17hp more on the dyno with his porting and head mod. Stock Bore. Stock pipe. If you need more than that go for the TSS turbo

Last edited:

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey liduke... How much $ for this 17hp? I am interested in a bit more hp and track speed on my 13XMx 163". Prob cuz Im a fatass. Would the roosterbuilt clutching help without the motor work? Thanks.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey liduke... How much $ for this 17hp? I am interested in a bit more hp and track speed on my 13XMx 163". Prob cuz Im a fatass. Would the roosterbuilt clutching help without the motor work? Thanks.
You'd Have to talk to Ralph about price, but he is pretty reasonable. I've never tried the rooster built clutching, but clutching is probably your best bang for your buck. I run the Cory Micku steep and deep clutch kit and it helped a lot. Back shifts way better and when you get on&off the gas it recovers RPM noticeably faster than stock.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Deano670 on here told me that the xm responds well to a set of reeds to. He uses a spi clutch kit and gears the sled up and promises more track speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom