2013 Pro RMK Release

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If Poo amped up the power there would be nothing to debate anymore. I am sure Doo is worried about this. Doo has the engine and now is hoping to have a sled that performs as easy as the Poo. Unless Doo drops the weight they will not top the performance. We all know this. Thats why the Doo folks are dissapointed (still way to heavy for handling ease) and the Poo folks (still no engine to top the Etec). Looks like the 13 Poo Rmk dealt with the weakness's they had in the chassis and found ways to lighten up more without compromising strength. Reduced weight and rolling resistance. All good stuff. Thought I heard some Doo folks saying Poo will have to add weight (Doo did so Poo must...) Poo finally got their act together, did the homework well and walla. Keep the momentum going Poo in the engine dept and debate is over.

Now they just need to work on there Clean?fire injection. Not wanting to pizz in any cornflakes but we guided 3 out of Frisby Thursday afternoon that were low on fuel and no extra fuel and I rode cleanup. My eyes are still burning. Great sleds but you still have some hours ahead of you to catch up to the ETEC direct injection technology.

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now they just need to work on there Clean?fire injection. Not wanting to pizz in any cornflakes but we guided 3 out of Frisby Thursday afternoon that were low on fuel and no extra fuel and I rode cleanup. My eyes are still burning. Great sleds but you still have some hours ahead of you to catch up to the ETEC direct injection technology.
Your right about the engine. Poo has had DI for years now but won't put it on a sled. I checked out the Orbital DI technology Poo has and it looks to be even better than the Doo DI as it has a better injection concept to further atomize the fuel that increases performance and fuel economy. Soooooooo were is it Poo.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy man, Don't know what rock you are sleeping under, seems like everyone who has ridden the new doo, including non doo owners, seem to really like the way the sled handles. The 2011, and 2012 doos also handle great.

But I guess that would be expected coming off an SKS LOL

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a new video showing a glimps of some other models. A white Assault, orange RMK, and I think the new retro RMK. Look'n good.:beer:

[video]http://snowcheck.no/video/view?ID=144[/video]

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy man, Don't know what rock you are sleeping under, seems like everyone who has ridden the new doo, including non doo owners, seem to really like the way the sled handles. The 2011, and 2012 doos also handle great.

The guys who HATE them, myself included hate them because of that terrible steering post angle, if they fixed that they would have a sled that I could consider but the way it is I will give up riding before I ride that thing. I do not think I am alone and you doo boys LOVE it so keep riding it that's why we have freedom of choice in our world :) Cheers

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The SKS was 4 sleds ago and still have it for the kids. 8000 miles and only replaced shocks and hifax once. Backup sled is a modded 2002 800 RMK. I just don't like the feel of the Doos. I think they are a very good sled but just not my preference. I hate the looks and riding on a sled that feels like I am riding in a cab over rig. Just me. Just can't get enough of the SBA I ride now. Wish we actually had snow to ride as I only have 350 miles on er. Maybe next year.

By the way the SBA is increadable in the mountains. I ride hard in the mountains and riding with RMKs I would use 2/3 of a tank of fuel to their full tank. Go figure. I stopped hauling extra fuel as it was nothing but unnecessary added weight. No gearing changes were made. Used 10-60 weights and go. Elevations to 10,000 ft. Only thing I noticed is that when we come down at the end of the day to 6,500 ft base elevation the engine would hit the rev limiter and pull back when I had er pinned. To be expected with the lighter weights. I can't climb as high but climbing is not what it's about for me. It will climb plenty good enough for me and do all the rest very good and with ease. The shorter 144 track made handling a dream. Love the fact that this sled with a 2" x 144 track will easily peak at 100 mph at my home elevation of 2,000 ft and is a blast to ride at higher elevations and deep snow. Fantastic job Poo.

Last edited:
Reactions: cs5

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are you sure that is the sled of choice, i would rethink that a bit.... but its your money

It would appear that his sled of choice is the best selling mountain sled, bar none. Also the lightest, most nimble mountain sled, bar none. Seems like a good choice. Oh, if only Doo could build a good MOUNTAIN chassis to go with the etec, but instead they continue to put band-aids on the water buffalo.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when did you see that poo is the biggest mountain seller??, and if your happy with the 142hp 500 lb full of fluid poo with a smaller footprint then go hard, the xp chassie is fine for most, but lighter guys or newbeys mght consider the poo more .... but then the new xm is even more nimble than the poo could ever be... here is a quote from a rider today

Rode them all side by side last week. I was a big fan of the Polaris last year, I think they had an advantage. This year, without a doubt, the new T-motion, track, and skis are a game changer and have re-set the bar. The ability of this sled to pick its way through the trees, or to make an instinctive last second move is impressive. It is so easy to turn it will make good riders better and make learning to ride the pow much easier. It will turn circles around a Polaris, its got great weight transfer, and its sidehilling characteristics are amazing. Didn't get into serious climbing as avy risks were too high for me, It is clearly an excellent sled when you ride it, keep in mind that prior to this I preferred the Polaris.

One criticism I would have, take it as you will, perhaps norona will have some input into this, but I still feel as if the front skis are too close to the rider. As a trail chassis the xp is nervous feeling, part of the reason is because the skis/a-arms are so close to the rider position that the slightest movement immediately impacts the rider vs having that fraction of a second for your body/mind to react to an impact or sudden ski dart. I felt this sidehilling a couple of times where the sled is so agile now that if you come across a hard track on your side, or something under the snow while on your side, it can set you and the sled off balance (back end coming around etc), meaning other sleds can run a cleaner more predictable line. This is a trade off of having an extremely responsive sled, I enjoyed the trade off in the respect that it will go anywhere I want in a heartbeat with much less input than others, but this comes out that sometimes the front end can be out done by the rear. I'd love to see some front end innovations now from doo to allow the front to jive with the rear. I think its one of the main reasons for the new skis, don't underestimate them, they are an amazing ski and are making a difference.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LMAO, the sheer desperation and panic filled self affirmation is so thick in here you can see it hangin like a cloud over any pro Pro comment. Pathetic is how i would describe the Doo zealots who see that theres a new player in the game that offers so many more facets of the sport that have people happily choosing the competition. I think someone could make a comment in the poo site that the poo uses less air, and frew or equally ridiculous cohort would immediately respond that the doo uses less so its better, even if its free.
Just the fact that they feel obligated to be here to spread the Doo spew on each and every thread speaks volumes to the fear they're trying to deal with. But hey , it sucks to crash so hard and so blatantly into 2 nd place and the slide may not stop there if Cat can get their ducks in a row in 13. Sometimes you're the dog and sometimes you're the (yellow) hydrant. LOL.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LMAO, the sheer desperation and panic filled self affirmation is so thick in here you can see it hangin like a cloud over any pro Pro comment. Pathetic is how i would describe the Doo zealots who see that theres a new player in the game that offers so many more facets of the sport that have people happily choosing the competition. I think someone could make a comment in the poo site that the poo uses less air, and frew or equally ridiculous cohort would immediately respond that the doo uses less so its better, even if its free.
Just the fact that they feel obligated to be here to spread the Doo spew on each and every thread speaks volumes to the fear they're trying to deal with. But hey , it sucks to crash so hard and so blatantly into 2 nd place and the slide may not stop there if Cat can get their ducks in a row in 13. Sometimes you're the dog and sometimes you're the (yellow) hydrant. LOL.

Sorry Lenny. I missed the memo way back when. What is it you ride anyways? Just askn'......

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry Lenny. I missed the memo way back when. What is it you ride anyways? Just askn'......

A snowmobile, but unlike you, I don't make a living selling any of them , so my reasons for speaking in favor of or against the features each of them offer is different than yours. Your reason for very evident bias is understandable, some others just seem ridiculous. I think the fact you're asking this question sorta illustrates my point, I'm suggesting none of em are best at everything.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
kenny, are you comming on our demo ride, who is driving and do we get a credit card... make it happen...lol, are we going a few days eailier

lenny you need to come with and enjoy the moment, be a blast

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
kenny, are you comming on our demo ride, who is driving and do we get a credit card... make it happen...lol, are we going a few days eailier

lenny you need to come with and enjoy the moment, be a blast

Yeah I'll be there. I don't get a company card so we are going to have to rely on you selling a load of canola the week before to foot the bill Fred. Lol.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when did you see that poo is the biggest mountain seller??, and if your happy with the 142hp 500 lb full of fluid poo with a smaller footprint then go hard, the xp chassie is fine for most, but lighter guys or newbeys mght consider the poo more ..

Even though you're a blind loyal fool, I'll find the link again on the Pro being the #1 selling mountain sled when I'm not on my iPhone. Snopro has seen it as he questioned me on it also. It would appear that the XP chassisis NOT fine for most. By the way fred, when are you coming to Blue River for some real tree riding ?

Sent from my iPhone when I should be sledding.

Top Bottom