2013 Pro RMK Release

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Even though you're a blind loyal fool, I'll find the link again on the Pro being the #1 selling mountain sled when I'm not on my iPhone. Snopro has seen it as he questioned me on it also. It would appear that the XP chassisis NOT fine for most. By the way fred, when are you coming to Blue River for some real tree riding ?

Sent from my iPhone when I should be sledding.

lol love to see that. your rmk better shine after all the smack talking you do on here

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
actually any time this week could work, if it works for you let me know, we will also be down on the 15th weekend, if it works... pm me

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have been calling the 12 pro 500lbs full of fluid, found out today its 525lbs, the weight difference is minimal with tanks full and a approved scale used

Attachments

• bc2bd4e3.jpg
    bc2bd4e3.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 191
  • 970c3d5e.jpg
    970c3d5e.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have been calling the 12 pro 500lbs full of fluid, found out today its 525lbs, the weight difference is minimal with tanks full and a approved scale used

Ready-To-Ride Weights
Polaris Pro RMK 800Polaris Pro RMK 600Arctic Cat M8 Sno ProSki-Doo Summit X 800
530 lbs526 lbs559 lbs560 lbs
Difference From 2011 Model
And here is all 4 weights on the same scale 30lbs diff PLUS the 14 more they lost this year = 44lbs ready to ride keep trying though you may convince yourself eventually.

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so the pro rmk takes 109 lbs of fluid?

Lets see it holds 70lbs of fuel, roughly 5 pounds of oil for engine give or take, oil for all shocks I'm only guessing but lets say another 4 pounds then a little for the brakes and that leaves roughly 29 lbs for coolant being heavier than water that makes for roughly 2.5 or 2.6 gallons of the stuff which I think sounds about right. So are you trying to say that your doo works well without all the same fluids or what exactly was the point your were trying to make because your friends would have us believe that the doo weights almost the same as the pro yet on the scale it is clearly 30lbs heavier for 12, does that mean the doo holds 139 lbs of fluid because I thought they had a smaller fuel tank on them as well. OH yes and you are in the wrong thread defending your doo again this is the POL thread. I would come hang out in the doo thread but I only looked in there to see the new xm and after I was totally disappointed I have never been back, funny how you are so disappointed with the pro but can't stay out of here.........

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lets see it holds 70lbs of fuel, roughly 5 pounds of oil for engine give or take, oil for all shocks I'm only guessing but lets say another 4 pounds then a little for the brakes and that leaves roughly 29 lbs for coolant being heavier than water that makes for roughly 2.5 or 2.6 gallons of the stuff which I think sounds about right. So are you trying to say that your doo works well without all the same fluids or what exactly was the point your were trying to make because your friends would have us believe that the doo weights almost the same as the pro yet on the scale it is clearly 30lbs heavier for 12, does that mean the doo holds 139 lbs of fluid because I thought they had a smaller fuel tank on them as well. OH yes and you are in the wrong thread defending your doo again this is the POL thread. I would come hang out in the doo thread but I only looked in there to see the new xm and after I was totally disappointed I have never been back, funny how you are so disappointed with the pro but can't stay out of here.........

jesus man it was just a question. no need to get all defensive.

does the pro take 109lbs of fluid? you answered yes

thanks how hard was that to answer a simple question?

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my 162 etec in 2011 with all all stock parts and no electric start full of all fluids and one extra belt was 55o pounds on the ups scale, seen it many times on here as well for that weigh, keep it apples to apples

also goes to show how far off the poo weight is dry, what are they smoking

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont care what brand people want to ride,,but dry wieght doesnt mean much..who rides a sled with no coolant,oil or gas.... cheaper to ship i guess...lol

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my 162 etec in 2011 with all all stock parts and no electric start full of all fluids and one extra belt was 55o pounds on the ups scale, seen it many times on here as well for that weigh, keep it apples to apples

also goes to show how far off the poo weight is dry, what are they smoking

if you dont weight both sleds on the same day on the same scale the info is useless.

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
jesus man it was just a question. no need to get all defensive.

does the pro take 109lbs of fluid? you answered yes

thanks how hard was that to answer a simple question?

I also thought it was a simple question that did not require asking but since you asked I assumed that you needed a more detailed answer or you would not have asked your simple question in the first place. This whole thread is useless and I can't believe I got sucked into being part of this crap.

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At the end of this the difference in weight is minor. For 44 extra pounds - approx 14 for the turkey roaster.... so 30 extra pounds is all the difference. Lame that this is the big arguement over who is better. For 30 pounds you get a way better track with more floatation and a more powerful engine that is much better on fuel. I would take that trade off for 30 pounds anyday.

I cant wait to ride the new 2013 pro vs 2013 xm... just to confirm what all the facts are really pointing to. If the poo is a better machine then the doo, i will buy a poo in 2014...i hope its not better, but at the end of the day i want the best sled on the market no matter what color it is.

All i know is i love my summit etec and if it gets better i cant wait to try it.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the Pro will lose even more weight next year. Burandt and those engineers in the video looked pretty serious..............:rolleyes:

Redlineryan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why is it that every pro thread has to turn into a pissing match... If you guys love the XP so much why do you always have to click on the Pro threads? I ride a pro and love it, and im sure you guys love your xps just as much. BOTH are great sleds get over it. Stop waisting peoples time arguing for 5 pages and hiding useful information.

Lanko

Reaction score

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
I ride the 900 Tank ... My son & I checked 2 Pro's today both with electric starts... The little weight gain or loss doesnot bother us. We just like the feel & handling of the Pro. I am sure most Doo riders feel the same of their rides... So be it what everyone wants...One guy in our clan rides a 2012 Doo that really does works well & I am sure there will be another member of our clan on one this fall. We all seem to get around fine & have a Great time.... So Lets all get out & enjoy ourselves that is Job One to us !

Top Bottom