2012 arctic cat proclimb m8 sno pro

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Better tell my daughter to tip hers on its side for a while. Sorry to hear about all those having problems.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do these sleds not come from the dealer with some oil in the fuel tank? Seems odd that they can go down this fast because of an oil shortage.

andrew3399

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Again I ask are these sleds leaving dealers with enough oil in them to run 100 to 1 after filling tank? Are the owners of these sleds asking if they are already? At this point set of plugs are better then a rebuild!

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stupid question....if the sleds are premixed properly on delivery, would this air bubble issue work it's self out or would one have to try and bleed it still?

pissednbroke

Reaction score
Well I just got home from my first ride on mine and no issues but it says right in your owners manual to premix your first tank of fuel i put 300/mil in mine and ran like a champ

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't really see it being an oil issue unless factory failed to bleed or prime the oil pump, but reguardless it should still run for the first tank of fuel unless the PDI folks failed to premix the first tank!! As for bubbles in the oil line??? They will work there way out.... or not!! If your sled ends up upside down for any amount of time (mine has a habit of it) it will likely get another bubble in it. I have seen air bubbles in oil lines on every machine I've owned, they come and go, I have never tipped them on there side intentionally to remove them or ever lost an engine from them!! "knock on wood"

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tagged along on a trip to an undisclosed dealer to pick up his new proclimb, had quite the interesting convo with the mechanic. Told them before my buddy takes that sled and puts it in my truck, that the guys at the shop is going thru it in front of me with a fine tooth comb. Found a HUGE air bubble in the oil line, that was bled out and solved. Frog skins under the intake were reglued, and the sled was put on a track stand and 2kms were put on it in the shop lol. Everything ran fine. When we got back home, we took it out on the river, as that's the only place here to ride yet, and put about 8 more kms on it, and it ran flawlessly. I urge everyone that hasn't picked theirs up yet to do the same. Just be nice to the guys there and they won't have any problems Checkin it for ya, I would hope not anyways. By the way, jaws cans on those sleds sound very nice.. Haha.

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These sled are assembled at the plant and for what you pay for these sleds they should come ready to go. Dealer should not have to be at fault. He shouldn't have to spend countless hour rechecking what the factory should have right. Add oil to the first tank for the customer should be all, along with a good explaination of the sled. Gas and go. How come the 11s never had a problem. I guess rushing them out wasn't a good idea, especially when they have a very nice product to offer.

Pro-Am Chris

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
These sled are assembled at the plant and for what you pay for these sleds they should come ready to go. Dealer should not have to be at fault. He shouldn't have to spend countless hour rechecking what the factory should have right. Add oil to the first tank for the customer should be all, along with a good explaination of the sled. Gas and go. How come the 11s never had a problem. I guess rushing them out wasn't a good idea, especially when they have a very nice product to offer.

PDI = Pre Delivery Inspection. They need to be done and done correctly. It is the dealers responsibility to do so, and I would be willing to bet you will find that the failures are probably coming from the same group of stores.

Al "ley Cat"

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dealers Falut all the way ! Dealer has to asemble sled out of crate ,adjust all settings ,put a little gas + oil in , than start to see if sled will run , than check all fuel ,gas lines,settings....etc. When a peson picks up his seld he should not have to worry about it .

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much is a PDI worth these days??? Anyone happen to check the bill after buying sled??

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow thats brutal!!!! maybe thats why the dealer here is charging over $700 for a pdi job lol I wonder when frogskinz is gonna get there shyte together and make some screens that are actually gonna stay glued down.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow thats brutal!!!! maybe thats why the dealer here is charging over $700 for a pdi job lol I wonder when frogskinz is gonna get there shyte together and make some screens that are actually gonna stay glued down.

700 clams for the PDI? Damn, they should be sending that bill to Cat. Does it really take 5-6 hours to PDI this thing?

Pro-Am Chris

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
It takes about 2 to do it properly. But I have never heard of anyone charging $700 for it.

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[Does it really take 5-6 hours to PDI this thing?[/QUOTE]

2 Hrs of this would be just for tipping the sled over on its side to bleed air. I find that completely acceptable and I am sure all manufactures recommend this:rolleyes:...............ya right!

Top Bottom