2012 / 2013 Valemount Conditions and Updates

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A good storm looks to have come in early this morning and is hammering down in the alpine. Light snow is falling in town but that means nothing. Looking south is a complete blizzard. From my experience I would say we are being set up great for the upcoming weekend.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
A good storm looks to have come in early this morning and is hammering down in the alpine. Light snow is falling in town but that means nothing. Looking south is a complete blizzard. From my experience I would say we are being set up great for the upcoming weekend.

Really? ?? I'm coming this weekend, hope there's not toooooo much snow

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Play safe out there folks

Attachments

• Feb 13, 2013-page-001.jpg
    Feb 13, 2013-page-001.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 529

Shifty423

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am so tired and sore and want to come home, Whistler is so busy i miss our little town but on a high note we have more gas stations at home then here wtf is that about! See you Sunday Cletus! Maxwell good for you on your second place at least it wasn't a girl this time lol!

Last edited:

JSR

Reaction score
So, how are you supposed to access Oasis without riding on the road? Is there another way in that I don't know about?

JSR

Reaction score
Yes, it is plowed. We were in Oasis last Thursday. Am I reading the bottom of the update incorrectly? Are you supposed to drive in to the trailhead with a truck, trailer, and radio, then unload at the side of the road?
In regard to the radios, do the Garmin Rinos have the required channels?

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry. As it sits, there is no legal way to ride Oasis. We looked at all options available with the ministry/logging contractors and were not allowed to do anything. We will be looking at a long term solution for this, but it does not look like it will be anytime soon. This is heavy logging, approx 10-15 trucks a shift. Pretty dangerous.

Last edited:

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good day back in Allen today, decent snow and blue skies. Averaging a foot of fresh past superbowl and only 7 of us back there. Lots of stucks from the crew. Front end has less snow and is wind effected. Leave this for the families and head to the back for the best snow. No first hand reports from the other areas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LssJXEQt410&list=UU7OZyOJoRKUHamD9BDM9D7A&index=1

Last edited:

miket7070

Reaction score
rode chappell yesterday there was about a foot of fresh maybe a bit more in spots good day though rode renshaw wednesday headlight deep everywhere untouched it was a really good couple days of riding.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Beauty day in Chappell today. Bout 30cm of good quality snow, not nearly as wind effected as Allen. Only 40 riders in there today so plenty left for tomorrow.

Attachments

• DSCN3994.jpg
    DSCN3994.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 479
  • DSCN3996.jpg
    DSCN3996.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 480

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ALL THREE AREAS GROOMED UP AGAIN TONIGHT.
My money for tomorrow is on Chappell with this storm!​

Attachments

• Feb 16, 2013-page-001.jpg
    Feb 16, 2013-page-001.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 353

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ALL THREE AREAS GROOMED UP AGAIN TONIGHT.
My money for tomorrow is on Chappell with this storm!​

Rode there today, played in the trees till the weather broke. The there was big wet snowflakes and foggy, we had fun.

On a side note I met the groomer without a lead sled to warn sledders coming down the mtn. I was driving slow, but met him on one of the switchbacks, common occurance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom