2011 Pro RMK Dyno Run

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think this is funny.. but i should beg my buddy for the pic of a stock XP163 and my nytro the way it sits.. both wet weight.. because i dont care if you show up with your dry weigt and tell me its 100lbs heaver.. it will be.. there is no fluid in it at all all the way down to the shocks.

but when we weight mine with 44l of fuel, and the xp with what ever it had. was about 30lbs difference.. .. so 30lbs.. thats the difference betweek cat and skidoo. just saying

and the 180 kit on a stock nytro will walk all around a stock xp. the yamaha can turn up the boost to make 180hp at elevation. the xp or for that matter any other sled out there. cannot make that same HP.. get a dyno up at 7500 ft and then talk numbers

18000km on mine and not a single problem.. thats what 8 top ends in most sleds.. at 600$ a time. 4800$. so my turbo just costs me. 3000$. so we are all at the same numbers with all the mods you do to you sled to get 10hp.

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think this is funny.. but i should beg my buddy for the pic of a stock XP163 and my nytro the way it sits.. both wet weight.. because i dont care if you show up with your dry weigt and tell me its 100lbs heaver.. it will be.. there is no fluid in it at all all the way down to the shocks.

but when we weight mine with 44l of fuel, and the xp with what ever it had. was about 30lbs difference.. .. so 30lbs.. thats the difference betweek cat and skidoo. just saying

and the 180 kit on a stock nytro will walk all around a stock xp. the yamaha can turn up the boost to make 180hp at elevation. the xp or for that matter any other sled out there. cannot make that same HP.. get a dyno up at 7500 ft and then talk numbers

18000km on mine and not a single problem.. thats what 8 top ends in most sleds.. at 600$ a time. 4800$. so my turbo just costs me. 3000$. so we are all at the same numbers with all the mods you do to you sled to get 10hp.
ok alright we all know those numbers also!!! The engines last forever, Yamaha makes a good product! We are talking 2 strokes and sorry but Yamaha is still 5 years away from getting down to the weight to compete!!
Like most yamahog riders defending there turbo boat anchors!!
Dont mean to offend i just think that statement is funny!

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All I ever hear is yamaha bashing and that yamaha's don't go in the mountains, well I beg to differ as I have a RX1 ton that has honestly never followed anyone elses trail.It has pulled more 2 stroke stuff out of the mountains and has 10,000km on it. Fuel economy is second to no one and it will out live any 2 stroke. I rode and raced 2 stroke for years and loved them. But like I read earlier in this thread it is technology and to make emissions all will have to go 4 stroke or go the way of the dinosaur.

TravisFader

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
*Clears throat* He hem, It was just a joke, im the least brand loyal guy out there. Jesus christ.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

and the 180 kit on a stock nytro will walk all around a stock xp. the yamaha can turn up the boost to make 180hp at elevation. the xp or for that matter any other sled out there. cannot make that same HP.. get a dyno up at 7500 ft and then talk numbers 18000km on mine and not a single problem.. thats what 8 top ends in most sleds.. at 600$ a time. 4800$. so my turbo just costs me. 3000$. so we are all at the same numbers with all the mods you do to you sled to get 10hp.

All Dyno runs are at sea level and you decrease HP from there 3%-4% for every 1000' of elevation.

So your dyno 150 HP for example will be only 136 - 132 HP at 3000' and at elevation of 6500' 121-111 hp. Yes, for your turbo sleds, you just turn up your boost to maintain HP but I didn't need to tell you that because if you can afford the turbo your already walkin the walk.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i like Beer, Boost, and Boobies..........oh yah and the smell of 2 stroke smoke on occasion.

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i like Beer, Boost, and Boobies..........oh yah and the smell of 2 stroke smoke on occasion.

ill second that.. the season hasnt really started and look at what were all getting into.. disregard my last posts.. i dont wanna be the hated one one here.. as everyone has an opinion.. and there untitled to it:beer::beer::beer:

save sledding boys

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know what, that's it.

I'm a gonna buy an electric sled, then I can go up to four stroke and direct injection guys and be all like "bitches, yo' dinosaurs need gas? Look at this ch!t, I'ma gonna be ready for EPA 2056." Then I can feel superior for having a low power, heavy, quiet and more efficient sled. That'll put you smug bastards in your place.

Also, I might live in the ghetto first. So I can talk all crazy and shizznit.

Yeah. Not sure where I was going with that.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny how all the cat guys yak about the great power.Yes its probably true but what is cat doing to make there top mill 2012 ePA compliant.At least Polaris and Doo are way ahead of the new 2012 mandate.Try to find a good running powerfull 2012 cat.If you are a cat fan you had better buy now

It's there 50th Anniversary in 2012. What a great opportunity to for Cat to make a HUGE announcement. Not only for the Anniversary but for meeting EPA guidelines. One heck of a show and a fantastic marketing opportunity.

With the recent US election and the Republicans gaining back the house, there has been talk of abolishing the EPA.

Interesting times ahead for sure.

Regarding Poo....well they had some issues and have been crawling back since. It seems to me they are building some decent sleds right now. So they opt for reliability for a year or two, rebuild faith from the Poo loyal. Great chassis with a reliable motor....what more could you want during hard economic times. I know through a friend two of the guys working on Poo injections systems. I think surprises will be coming there as well. Perhpas some tweaking of this reliable mill. Every manufacturer has a year or two of restructuring now and again. This isn't new!

I'm just happy someone posted REAL dyno numbers instead of those made up ones we see so much of. :beer:;)

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know what, that's it.

I'm a gonna buy an electric sled, then I can go up to four stroke and direct injection guys and be all like "bitches, yo' dinosaurs need gas? Look at this ch!t, I'ma gonna be ready for EPA 2056." Then I can feel superior for having a low power, heavy, quiet and more efficient sled. That'll put you smug bastards in your place.

Also, I might live in the ghetto first. So I can talk all crazy and shizznit.

Yeah. Not sure where I was going with that.

:ha_ha: LMFAO

No question the HP numbers are chitty, but a new Poo is nearly 200lbs lighter than my old Yammie...that's gotta be worth something.:twocents:

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:ha_ha: LMFAO

No question the HP numbers are chitty, but a new Poo is nearly 200lbs lighter than my old Yammie...that's gotta be worth something.:twocents:

200lbs has gotta be eqaul to close to 15-20hp.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new Pro-RMK/Dragon is good for all of us because it provides the competition to make the other manufacturers put up or shut up. Not much power to start but its the first year of this model. They need to offer something to get poo riders to upgrade every couple of years. Besides an increase in power next year, you will also see them gain weight. Firstly they will get more wheels in the skid as they will be hyfax hungry this year. Also the rigid chassis may be blamed for cracks in the tunnel due to lack of flex. A little beefing up will be next. This sets Cat up for a grand entrance for a new model. They are in a perfect position to pick over the E-tec motor and the Pro chassis so they can plaln to out do both. Things will get interesting at that point as Doo will introduce a high hp motor early next year and the follow it up with a new chassis the following year. (always staying 1 step ahead of the competition).

Just hope the economy keeps strengthening so guys can afford all this new iron, or should I say aluminum.:rolleyes:

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
turbo pro.jpg

Wonder what the dyno sheet on this will look like? 439 pound without gas. This years show sled from Fastrax lots of goodies and carbon fiber.

krash

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny how all the cat guys yak about the great power.Yes its probably true but what is cat doing to make there top mill 2012 ePA compliant.At least Polaris and Doo are way ahead of the new 2012 mandate.Try to find a good running powerfull 2012 cat.If you are a cat fan you had better buy now

I wouldn`t worry about that, its not like cat is first day on the job. building an EPA compliant motor!

my mod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of interesting comments but the bottom line is they are still not leaders in the industry. Comments like now they are close they can pick apart e-tec motors, or they are close to someone elses horsepower or weight. Setting your standard to catch up to someone else is like admitting defeat. Do you really think all the other manufactures are just going to wait while poo picks apart what they already have developed? They are moving forward with their own R and D.
General rule of thumb is "10 lbs for every horse" so if your sled is 200 pounds heavier you need to have 20 more horsepower to be equal in that department. I know there are other factors, but this is a guide line.
So in reverse, if your sled is 20 horsepower under, it better weigh 200 lbs less than the compitition.
10 hp less and only 20 pounds lighter will not mean much.
The other thing to consider is the torque numbers, not just the horsepower. If the power band is tight and the torque is not there, it becomes just another underpowered engine that will need more help to keep up to the competition.
We should compare everything (horesepower, torque, and weight) and keep stock comparisions to stock comparisons.
Poo is still not there and all others will not wait for them to catch up.

skidoopolarisguy

Reaction score
How fast would a pro rmk 163 be with a pump gas turbo? How could i obtain 115+ mph on the trail, what engine mods would i need to do along with the turbo to get 115+ mph on the trail?

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How fast would a pro rmk 163 be with a pump gas turbo? How could i obtain 115+ mph on the trail, what engine mods would i need to do along with the turbo to get 115+ mph on the trail?

I would say that if your goal is 115+ mph on a trail the Pro RMK163 isn't the sled for you. Maybe have a look at a Rush. That's my :twocents:

skidoopolarisguy

Reaction score
i want the pro rmk 163 for when i do go off trail which is most of the time and i want to beat my buddies which have short tracks. what about a pro rmk 155 with a pump gas turbo and some other engine mods could i expect 110 mph+ on the trail with turbo and more mods?

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i want the pro rmk 163 for when i do go off trail which is most of the time and i want to beat my buddies which have short tracks. what about a pro rmk 155 with a pump gas turbo and some other engine mods could i expect 110 mph+ on the trail with turbo and more mods?

if you wanna sled to go that fast on the trais you neeed a stx yammie. talk to joey on here and he'll hook ya up.

Top Bottom