2011 Pro RMK Dyno Run

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats a 180 horse at elavation man, your doo will not make near that power when your in the hills. Don't get me wrong I hate both yamaha and ski doo about the same!LOL.To buy the new etec and turbo it your going to be higher than that 17 grand aswell.

That may be true but my Doo still is 100lbs lighter.

beeonaplug

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.highcountrytrailrides.ca.
You would of thought they could of got more stock ponies out of that engine, but it could very easily be warranty issues as well as emissions also. Maybe they'll have really good clutching and be able to keep up to a e-tec..... ok, a 600 e-tec.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Joey are you just guna let travisfader and sled slut get bashed like this???!!!!! Come on man save the day with some phazer facts!!!!!:d:d

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If SLP can get 20 more horse out of the new poo engine you guys with your XP etecs are going to be crying in your beers. The power to wieght ratio will be in Poos favour with a durable chassis unlike the wet noodle xp that bends while unloading.
Poo engines have always worked well with pipes, unlike Doo which you cant even put a can on without dropping hp.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
with a durable chassis unlike the wet noodle xp that bends while unloading.

Perhaps it would be prudent to wait a couple of months before making that claim to see how well this new chassis stands up. Just sayin...

Hopefully this new Poo chassis is amazing and pushes the envelope for the entire industry but I'm sure there were similar things coming out of Doo owner's mouths back in 2007.

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Perhaps it would be prudent to wait a couple of months before making that claim to see how well this new chassis stands up. Just sayin...
Good point

Hopefully this new Poo chassis is amazing and pushes the envelope for the entire industry but I'm sure there were similar things coming out of Doo owner's mouths back in 2007.

Here are the numbers stock
155 Poo 431 lbs / 145 hp = 2.9 lbs per horse
154 Doo 464 lbs / 165 hp = 2.8 lbs per horse
seems like the Poo dosnt need to make more power to compete? or that just my math?

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys take it easy... do some reeding on snowest.NPP dyno always reeds a little low with all the brands. The new polaris motor is making power some guys are pulling 62 grams at 10,000 feet if thats possible than the motor makes power no doubt. Time will tell but all motors reed low on niels dyno.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
love the look of it but yeah the detuned motor was a must for poo as said before they tuned the motors so lean that any bit of abuse would blow them up thats why they went with a little less powered motor that will be very easy to do up and make some good ponies with that thing! as for the yammi's beating up on a stock cat or doo well you better check your stats there is no way a stock apex will run with a stock doo or cat! yeah put the turbo on and the yammi will eat anything but remeber skidoo and cat both have supercghargers coming out and a new push turbo is only three grand making a new xp w/turbo around that $17500 mark and eat the 180 hp nytro and be able to boondock ten times better! I'm happy that polaris put out the new chassis sled u can always run the bottle or a turbo if you need the extra ponies I would rather have an awesome handling machine then something with gobs of power

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here are the numbers stock
155 Poo 431 lbs / 145 hp = 2.9 lbs per horse
154 Doo 464 lbs / 165 hp = 2.8 lbs per horse
seems like the Poo dosnt need to make more power to compete? or that just my math?

Your math is fairly correct. You're not even giving the Poo the benefit of the doubt you could have rounded that 2.97 up to a 3.0!

That just goes to show you the effect that weight (Both Body and Sled!!) has on performance.

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys take it easy... do some reeding on snowest.NPP dyno always reeds a little low with all the brands. The new polaris motor is making power some guys are pulling 62 grams at 10,000 feet if thats possible than the motor makes power no doubt. Time will tell but all motors reed low on niels dyno.

So if the numbers are a couple horse short then the power to weight ratio is completely even, even with an almost 20 horse power difference.
go figure!! Maybe Polaris did the homework?

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I thought the report was from DynoTech Research...

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll jump on the Yamaha bashing. I was in a Yamaha dealer last night buying some C12 for my sled, I stopped to have a quick look at at Nitro with a 180HP turbo. They were asking $17500 for it. As I'm standing there thinking about the ~$17000 (some maintenance, some mods) into my XP and if these two sleds were to go head to head mine would likely smoke this Nitro!

Don't get me wrong I'm sure the Yamahas are strong and with low boost like that they should run forever but the cost of ownership to have a comparable sled to another stock sled is very high!

not only that but read the threadon ins. for a turboed sled. most guys qoutes were around double what i pay for my 09 half ton. thats a pretty substantial cost to go a few feet higher imo.

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll jump on the Yamaha bashing. I was in a Yamaha dealer last night buying some C12 for my sled, I stopped to have a quick look at at Nitro with a 180HP turbo. They were asking $17500 for it. As I'm standing there thinking about the ~$17000 (some maintenance, some mods) into my XP and if these two sleds were to go head to head mine would likely smoke this Nitro!

Don't get me wrong I'm sure the Yamahas are strong and with low boost like that they should run forever but the cost of ownership to have a comparable sled to another stock sled is very high!

add the price of the chopper to get it off the hill and maybe that boosted 2 stroke was not such a good deal after all. :rolleyes:

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm thinking that polaris did there homework with this sled I think they will build a sturdy reliable chassis this year wich they did and then next year or year after do something with the motor to make it a mountain monster and i hope they do cause i want one

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
add the price of the chopper to get it off the hill and maybe that boosted 2 stroke was not such a good deal after all. :rolleyes:
If you can afford a turbo or big bore or massive suspension mods and cant afford a chopper then stay home!!!!!
As a Canadian im proud that i dont life past my means.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Who said anything about a boosted 2 stroke? Especially a carbureted boosted two stroke! That's crazy talk.

woodym7

Reaction score
OK i hope this makes ya feel better, cause my 2010 m8 will destroy the pro untill then and dont ya think if polaris could make the power out of that engine they would, i cant see them holding back after the last few years, granted its a great looking chassis but the post was about hp and once again they have fallen short, hope my neck doesnt get sore looking back all the time.....lol just kidding i hope the poos kick ass but untill ive seen it over and over again I be sticking with the tried tested and true...........the only issue ive had is breaking my rear bumper from tow ropes.....

Funny how all the cat guys yak about the great power.Yes its probably true but what is cat doing to make there top mill 2012 ePA compliant.At least Polaris and Doo are way ahead of the new 2012 mandate.Try to find a good running powerfull 2012 cat.If you are a cat fan you had better buy now

Last edited:

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry didnt reed the hole post first but same sh$t dyno was low but they are pulling more primary weight.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry didnt reed the hole post first but same sh$t dyno was low but they are pulling more primary weight.
they even ran the test in a refrigerated compound to get those numbers, as well as modifying the fuel delivery system to try and get more.

I predict the polaris will not stay that light weight beyond the intro year just like the 'doo. people will run them into rocks and trees, and need to repair them, and complain they are too light. when they repair them, they will be bolted or riveted together just like everyone else....wonder how that glue deal will work out for repairing a severely damaged sled.

I too hope they work, and work well. just improves technology for everyone

Top Bottom