2011 / 2012 Valemount Info and Updates

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guess I will have to go out tomorrow to beat the crowds, bummer. Should be a good day. Will have to work to pay for the trip while i'm there. I'll be the guy with the glass truck..LOL.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Allen yesterday. Lots of fresh stuff. The farther back you go the deeper it got. About 2+ at Super bowl. Never went past that and there were only two sets of tracks going beyond it when we left just before sundown. Those tracks we're made by a couple of turbo'd ETEC 174 3" sleds so it's virtually untouched for our N/A sleds

P.s. I took one of them for a rip in super bowl All I can say is OVER THE TOP !!!!!!!

Reactions: oly

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone riding Vale this weekend, Im looking at heading that way and rolling solo, wondering if anyone has room in there group for one more???

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, we finally have the temperatures we need to hopefully reset the trails to their proper condition. This rain has really taken its toll on the snow levels on the lower trails. The forecast for the next week it looking good for us, but cold weather alone wont do, we also need the forecasted snow DOWN LOW. Thanks to everyone (or most) for their understanding.

Clemina and Allen will be groomed up tonight for Thursday/Friday and as scheduled the groomer will be hitting Chappell Thursday night.

Bluebird day today !

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bigdawg, two of us heading out thursday night and riding Allen friday am, friday fin or clemina maybe, still up in the air, welcome to tag along, first time for myself since 85 to not have 4+ sleds in a group, would like to meet new peeps

Last edited:

cat pride 2009

Reaction score
Anyone riding Vale this weekend, Im looking at heading that way and rolling solo, wondering if anyone has room in there group for one more???

Big Dawg Group of about 8 now probably ride Allen Creek friday then Chappel Saturday. Welcome to join a few newbies always good for a laugh I drive a red lifted Duramax lifted with a sled Deck. were all staying at the Bestwestern.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello Attached is our grooming update for today
:beer:

Attachments

• Jan_11,_2012-page-001.jpg
    Jan_11,_2012-page-001.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 566

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Must agree with glassman. we were at allan as well...

Sorry Curt but I cannot agree with your grooming report. trail was brutal....unless he was headed up there tonight.....we were the last to leave the parking lot a 6 tonight and the groomer was still there.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sorry Curt but I cannot agree with your grooming report. trail was brutal....unless he was headed up there tonight.....we were the last to leave the parking lot a 6 tonight and the groomer was still there.

wednesday evenings. so that groom had 3 days on it.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Whats not to agree with Curt ? Please explain to me ? Grooming is done in the evening, that is why you did not see the groomer. By that time he was likely heading up clemina getting the long groom out of the way first.

The trail was last groomed Sunday night (as mentioned in the report), trail passes were not in effect yesterday due to the rain on Sunday/Monday leaving us with a less than stellar trail.
U have my cell and ur my buddy, please phone next time you have a concern.

I cant say this enough, its all about SNOW AND TEMPERATURE ! Clemina has seen 14 users since sundays groom ($280 collected) and its costs close to four times that to groom plus staff costs. We did not charge on Wednesday as we new conditions were not up to par ! We regroomed wednesday night at hundreds of dollar loss to give good trails for thursday and friday. One trail pass sold in clemina on tuesday. This is a very touchy line between trail condition, user numbers and weather. We are doing what we can. Clemina trail to 4km has very little snow due to the last rain, but I truely hope someone posts a pic of the upper trail today, cause I know it will be like a highway as we now have some cold weather.

I stand by our groomers and our quality and am proud of our operations. Every grooming operation in BC is being slammed right now, we are doing our best given the weather and situations we are given. We are honest and update S&M, our Website, Facebook and Sledjunkies as often as possible with current information. I too am excited to ride some frozen trails this weekend

See you on the hills:beer:

Last edited:

cat pride 2009

Reaction score
Whats not to agree with Curt ? Please explain to me ? Grooming is done in the evening, that is why you did not see the groomer. By that time he was likely heading up clemina getting the long groom out of the way first.

The trail was last groomed Sunday night (as mentioned in the report), trail passes were not in effect yesterday due to the rain on Sunday/Monday leaving us with a less than stellar trail.
U have my cell and ur my buddy, please phone next time you have a concern.

I cant say this enough, its all about SNOW AND TEMPERATURE ! Clemina has seen 14 users since sundays groom ($280 collected) and its costs close to four times that to groom plus staff costs. We did not charge on Wednesday as we new conditions were not up to par ! We regroomed wednesday night at hundreds of dollar loss to give good trails for thursday and friday. One trail pass sold in clemina on tuesday. This is a very touchy line between trail condition, user numbers and weather. We are doing what we can. Clemina trail to 4km has very little snow due to the last rain, but I truely hope someone posts a pic of the upper trail today, cause I know it will be like a highway as we now have some cold weather.

I stand by our groomers and our quality and am proud of our operations. Every grooming operation in BC is being slammed right now, we are doing our best given the weather and situations we are given. We are honest and update S&M, our Website, Facebook and Sledjunkies as often as possible with current information. I too am excited to ride some frozen trails this weekend

See you on the hills:beer:

We enjoy riding the VARDA trails far more then anyone else excellent Staff amazing trails well Marked, Epic snow Keep up the Good work Varda. We will be riding your trails first thing in the Morning Cant wait

Kruiser

Reaction score
Hey cscherer, do you wine and complain like that every where u go bout folks that r doing their best to keep the trails going? Vale, Blue.....where else?

Top Bottom