2011 / 2012 Valemount Info and Updates

therookie

Reaction score
We were up at Allen Creek yesterday and were 3 of a total of 10 guys in the parking lot. Avalanche ratings were high so we stayed in the meadows for the most part around the cabin. The snow was unreal! No landmines and everything was untouched! Face shots all day. The sun even broke out for an hour or so at noon. I'll try to get some pictures up soon. Saw lots of sleds heading to vale on our way back hope everyone made it safe as roads are slick in some spots.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Clemina will be added to the grooming list tonight:)

Attachments

• November_25,_2011-page-001[1].jpg
    November_25,_2011-page-001[1].jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 810

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just arrived in Vale... Roads are in pretty decent shape for those who are concerned. Tons of trucks at the West Bestern for this time of season.

Sent from my eYefone using Tapatalk

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got home from a few day trip, had a blast, today the sun was out almost all day, foot of fresh last night, trail was groomed into allen yesterday, lots of fun, a lot of people up allen, roads were good from kamloops to GP, diesel and gas prices were comepletely ridiculous, not sure why they feel the need to intentionally rip everyone off, but they are, I packed enough for the full trip but diesel in kamloops was 1.27 blue river 1.45 valemount 1.40 GP 1.27, seems intentional to me, we witnessed a small slide back towards hillclimb, nothing major but worth taking note of, conditions were overall great

therookie

Reaction score
Hey thanks again "Tantrumpipeline" for helping out with our truck in the parking lot on thursday. Kinda wish we'd stayed hearing about the sun on friday.

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks again "Tantrumpipeline" for helping out with our truck in the parking lot on thursday. Kinda wish we'd stayed hearing about the sun on friday.
Wish I was the guy that helped out but I was in Kamloops that day? Was it a black Chevy or a white dodge? Coulda been my group? I did meet quite a few members though

CB1

Reaction score
just got home from a few day trip, had a blast, today the sun was out almost all day, foot of fresh last night, trail was groomed into allen yesterday, lots of fun, a lot of people up allen, roads were good from kamloops to GP, diesel and gas prices were comepletely ridiculous, not sure why they feel the need to intentionally rip everyone off, but they are, I packed enough for the full trip but diesel in kamloops was 1.27 blue river 1.45 valemount 1.40 GP 1.27, seems intentional to me, we witnessed a small slide back towards hillclimb, nothing major but worth taking note of, conditions were overall great

It seems intentional but its really not. Main diesel producing plant in Fort McMurray is down and another in Fort Saskatchewan for turnaround. The Suncor plant in Ft Mac is suppose to be up and running ASAP which should help. I noticed today diesel price dropped at the pumps around Sherwood Park. Its a supply reason for the 1.40 in Valemount. It sucks but its reality.

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I get that but how does that factor higher there over Kamloops when the shipping is further? Intentional gouging at work, another reason to bring my own gear and only support board vendors in my books

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Regardless of high fuel prices, the snow was epic at Chappell today. Broke trail all the way up... Abour 6-8" of fresh Probably an honest 3 feet of powder up top. We did not even get a km off where the trail ends as there was more than enough safe fun to be had. Couple of the creek crossings are a bit dicey and the normal early season whoops. All in all excellent day. Love the Pro!

Sent from my eYefone using Tapatalk

kyle019

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got home from vale, road allen creek on friday and it was a blast! Lots of fresh and we found lots of untouched powder in the trees and we also dropped in around a creek bed which was a blast and it had between 6-7ft of untouched powder! Blue skies and deep pow, couldnt have asked for a better day!

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like it is snowing right now so all of the tracks will disapear. That is the beauty of snow. Guess I will have to break some trail out on tuesday, bummer.

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Clemina today. Attempted to break trail into morning glory but didn't even make it past the first cut block. Then we dropped down into goats ridge and was it ever deep! Played around there for a bit and then it took all afternoon just to get out of goats ridge. Couldn't see anything and plenty of stucks for everyone. Down at the truck it was snowing quarter size flakes. Vid to come later

Sent from my mobile phone

Last edited:
Top Bottom