2011 / 2012 Valemount Info and Updates

tworton

Reaction score
Avalanche conditions for this weekend 4-High in the alpine
4-High at the treeline
3-Considerable below the treeline!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The warm temps and lots of precipitation have created unstable condtions! Watch avalanche.ca if you plan on riding vale this weekend. Use your head boys! See everyone there

JSR

Reaction score
A few guys I know were in Valemount last weekend, and they told me neither the Caribou or Moose is open yet! I'm guessing Dec.1?

Braaap

Reaction score
Four of us coming into Vale tonight, any idea how the Highways from Edmonton are?

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im here right now and our front desk at the hotel is saying the caribou grill opens friday, we ate the chinese at the valemount hotel yesterday and it was decent, also broke trail into chappell and the snow is Deep up top!

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The highways are clear of all the fresh snow and are now mostly compact and still slippery, so use caution.

Allen Creek will be groomed tonight and throughout the weekend (veary early for us yaaaaay). Clemina is also a possibility for Sat/Sun but still unsure. All three areas should be ready by next weekend, barring unforseen circumstances. Please bare with us as we break the trails in.

Allen, Clemina and Chappell lots will be plowed today. There is currently over 18" in the Allen Creek parking lot as of this morning when I opened the gate. The trail looks like it had never been ridden,
due to all the fresh snow:p

Caribou Grill will not be open until Dec 3. Dont forget about the Summit Grill, Great Escape, Diamond H Donairs....all great eats !

PLEASE PLAY SAFE out there. This is not the weekend to be a hero. Ride simple terrain and enjoy the snow. Help others who may be making bad calls, by providing some gentle advice, you may just save a life !

www.avalanche.ca

Last edited:

Brap

Reaction score
Great escape has a big dinner menu. Most just go for breakfast but dinner is great there too

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First update of the year...yahoooooooooooooooooooo

RIDE SAFE !

Attachments

• November_24_2011-page-001[1].jpg
    November_24_2011-page-001[1].jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 757

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We filled up at petro can today, no problem with diesel. Must just be an alberta thing. Highways are not great, only a few vehicle in the ditch. Drive safe.

Last edited:

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Leaving Fort tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully a good drive... First time with the deck for me. Looking forward to see what we can find at Chappell on Saturday :)

Sent from my eYefone using Tapatalk

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lots of snow left at Chappell we went up two days in a row and both days it was socked in so we didnt get too far but the snow is crazy deep!! and there was only one other group of 2 there so theres a ton of fresh left! have fun

ftmacdoo

Reaction score
Planning a trip to Valemount in mid Feb does anybody know who to call for a guide and a place rent a machine already have my summit ready to go just need one more machine to rent

mobgma

Reaction score
Planning a trip to Valemount in mid Feb does anybody know who to call for a guide and a place rent a machine already have my summit ready to go just need one more machine to rent

In Valemount go to Alpine Country (Ski Doo). In Edmonton and area go to Elk Island (Polaris) or Mountain Magic (Arctic Cat). I have a rental coming up from Elk Island but I cannot speak for any of the above experience wise. Pricing is somewhat all relative between them all.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm by myself and would be interested if I can ride with anyone at Chappell on Saturday (26th).

If you're Avy trained and have the gear, you can look for my truck in the parking lot. We'll be there fairly early.

Sent from my eYefone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom