2011 / 2012 Valemount Info and Updates

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IF YOU DON'T TAKE THE OLD TRAIL WE WON'T BE USING THE NEW TRAIL UNTIL LATE DECEMBER AS THEY CLOSE IT FOR THE SNOW TO SET UP FOR THE GROOMER. LIKE I SAID IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE SKILLS STAY AWAY RIDE CLEMINA . AS FOR ROCKS THERE'S NOT THAT MANY BUT THE SWITCH BACKS GET VERY ICY FROM PEOPLE NOT CARRYING ENOUGH SPEED AND SPINNING OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:realmad:

Trail used to get icy when a couple hundred short track sleds went over it, will be bared down to gravel still most likely. And best not get caught on the new trail, there are some out there that take that kind of crap personally. Just sayin......

Last edited:

roberto_235

Reaction score
Does anybody have any updates on the westridge riding area? is it ridable yet? how about keyhole? are they logging all year again? are we allowed to ride there even if they are logging?

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where the he!! is CURTIS with some photos or something. Got the sled pretty much ready to roll getting itchy now. Be there within a couple weeks just have to get the crew fired up and ready to go.

Last edited:

oly

Reaction score
Yup I'm booked in for Nov 24-27! Can't wait to have powder in my face and the smell of 2 stroke smoke as everybody warms up their sled in the stagging area as they give a slight nod of the head to say hello to other sledders arriving! And hopefully the loose moose is open for some great steak meals :)

Sledneck911

Reaction score
curtis is gone!! he said that a few pages back!! me and some guys are heading up this weekend so ill have some pics and vid to throw up!

Treedragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll hopefully will be there to Friday/Saturday/Sunday as long as i can steal the wifeys sled. I've been told it's easier to ask for forgiveness then permission, so I'll spend a week in the dog house to enjoy 3 day's of whipping the ski's back and forth:cool:

Sledneck911

Reaction score
pine pass.jpg

hopefully this is coming to valemount! this is in the pine pass mackenzie area

roberto_235

Reaction score
im heading to valemount this weekend as well, cant wait! got the nos kit installed last month.
im pretty sure the loose moose doesnt open till december, but who knows this year....
where is everybody riding? i think i actually might go to blue, i went early last year, and actually carved up the trail! it was sick! after a 7 km drive up of course lol

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure the Moose doesn't open till like the 15th of Dec at least thats how it has been the last couple years.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where the he!! is CURTIS with some photos or something. Got the sled pretty much ready to roll getting itchy now. Be there within a couple weeks just have to get the crew fired up and ready to go.

Sorry, i was away last week at the first module of my Professional Level 2 avalanche ticket. I was not pumped on my drive home yesterday in bluebird sunshine......but today took a turn for the better, snowfall wise. The mountains were socket in all day and it was hammering down up there. The parking lot still had some snow in it on my fly by yesterday, but it had melted since my last trip passed.

Some guys were up this weekend and had an expensive trip..........

If ur coming, take it for what it is and that is an opportunity to get the skis wet and be up in the mountains we all love. Do yourself a favor and take it easy.

See you up there !:d

Last edited:
Top Bottom