2010 M8 LE Rusty Riviots?

neddacsac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone else find that they have mild steel riviots in the tunnel? All the riviots that hold the coolers on are rusty after just 1 season! Who in there right mind would put mild steel riviots on an aluminum tunnel!!!:rant:

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone else find that they have mild steel riviots in the tunnel? All the riviots that hold the coolers on are rusty after just 1 season! Who in there right mind would put mild steel riviots on an aluminum tunnel!!!:rant:

Sounds like corner cutt'n to me! What's next soft pot metal or magnesium secondary clutch bolts, oh wait that happened to my M1000! The secondary bolt threaded itself out and stripped in the process, and caused my secondary to fall off, blew the belt to shreds, and left me stranded! I think a bad PDI at the dealership ,and Cat wouldn't do squat according to my dealer! Cost me a new belt and extra bolts in the trunk! I would like to know of a place to buy harder strength bolts with the same thread pattern and key notch..... on a side note, has anyone had good service from Ralph's in Calgary for warranty work??? I'm willing to drive for better service other than what the local dealer provided.

steepanddeep

Reaction score
always had good luck at ralphs / I live in the same area as you never had luck with local dealer either

Top Bottom