2010 800 rmk dragon

merv jennett

Reaction score
just wondered how much injector oil this sled would burn in 130 miles. the sled had 80miles on to start & i put 130 mi. and i put half us quart in to top it up. seems like it should burn more than that. is this considered normal.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just wondered how much injector oil this sled would burn in 130 miles. the sled had 80miles on to start & i put 130 mi. and i put half us quart in to top it up. seems like it should burn more than that. is this considered normal.

ok i know mine burns more than that and it doesnt smoke

did you buy it new or used

merv jennett

Reaction score
tks for the reply. some of the dealers now days have a hard time keeping mechanics around so i am relucktant to take advice some times. however polaris dealer in athabaska i highly recomend great service & i didn,t buy it their.

ForeverRMK!

Reaction score
My 09 RMK 800 didn't use much oil when i bought it, I always just added a little extra in the gas tank. When they did the motor update i got them to adjust it up, it seems to use a little more this year but i still add some to the gas..I heard that the sleds have to meet an emissions standard so they turn the oil consumtion down to meet this not worrying about how long the motors will last! I try to stay around 1/2 liter of oil to 25-30 liters of gas.

sldgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 2009 D8 uses less oil than any other sled I have every owned. Never measured exactly but way under a quart per tankful.

superdad

Reaction score
I have big issues with the oil consumption on my 2010 Dragon...I can't even make a full take of fuel before I run out of oil. I have to pack a 1 litre jug to make it through the day. It is at the dealership as we speak as it's still got warranty but it smokes likes crazy as well.:(

capt. crunch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have big issues with the oil consumption on my 2010 Dragon...I can't even make a full take of fuel before I run out of oil. I have to pack a 1 litre jug to make it through the day. It is at the dealership as we speak as it's still got warranty but it smokes likes crazy as well.:(

No doubt it smokes! That's an unreal amount of oil to go through.

Top Bottom