2010 / 2011 Valemount Updates

taz3038

Reaction score
We rode chappell wednesday and it was coming down all day. The trail was absolutley horrible but once up top it was awesome. Too bad it was snowing and blowin so bad you couldnt really see. When it clears up there will be some nice ridin to be had. Like Curtis said all the tracks were basically gone. I will try to post a couple pics. Should be able to groom soon I would think other than a couple of the creeks. The pic of the trailer is from tues nite till weds morn as we stayed in the parking lot overnite.

Attachments

• 107_0368.jpg
    107_0368.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 805
  • 107_0369.jpg
    107_0369.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 797
  • 107_0371.jpg
    107_0371.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 787

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep working on making it a day trip but not sure yet. will let u know if i can swing it for saturday.

We have room for ya if you want to leave later on Friday nite and just ride Saturday (we booked a suite and a double room for four of us). Likely be Chappel on Saturday. Let me know.:beer::beer:

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode chappell wednesday and it was coming down all day. The trail was absolutley horrible but once up top it was awesome. Too bad it was snowing and blowin so bad you couldnt really see. When it clears up there will be some nice ridin to be had. Like Curtis said all the tracks were basically gone. I will try to post a couple pics. Should be able to groom soon I would think other than a couple of the creeks. The pic of the trailer is from tues nite till weds morn as we stayed in the parking lot overnite.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

thats awesome, and its supposedly been snowing up there since............wow

ive always wanted to camp out while sledding, that must have been cool, thanks for the pics

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com

your allowed to stayed in the parking lot. if so im pulling up the super b :beer:

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Early season riding has begun. Conditions area definitely down from previous years and riders are cautioned to ride carefully and tread lightly to minimize any risk of damage to equipment, due to unburied hazards.

We are attempting to begin grooming operations:d, please be patient with us in these low snow conditions. Certain sections of trail may not be worked as hard as others due to low snow levels so please bear with us as we try our best to maintain these trails in early season conditions.

Please check out the VARDA website for area information, maps and google earth links to the managed snowmobiling areas.

Allan Creek – Will be groomed Friday, December 10th and throughout the weekend barring unforeseen circumstances. PLEASE try to work with us BY RIDING RESPECTFULLY and NOT ICING UP THE CORNERS. This will cause further delays in grooming of this trail.

Clemina Creek – Will be groomed Friday, December 10th and throughout the weekend barring unforeseen circumstances, from 4km (due to low snow levels on the paralleling trail) to the cabin and if conditions allow, we will continue to the bottom of the Goat Ridge Trails.

Chappell Creek: This trail is has good snow coverage although is now quite bumpy. This area still has the best snow of all and I highly recommend this area for an early season ride if you can handle the extreme moguls.

Keyhole: There is logging in this area so the trail system is being plowed, radio contact is a must if you insist on driving up this road
Due to unforeseen circumstances, statements and dates may change !

Use your head and MAKE IT HOME! Be aware of your surroundings and know the snow conditions in the area. Check your Avalanche conditions before heading out at Welcome to avalanche.ca

Please report any Caribou sightings to VARDA office at 250-566-4817 or use the drop box attached to the Kiosks in the staging areas.​

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wooo hoo!! whats the plan for grooming chappel?

CURTIS.............!CURTIS.............!CURTIS.............!CURTIS.............!CURTIS.............!CURTIS.............!:beer:

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hopefully working on getting the culverts up there and repairing the river in within the next few days. If we have enough snow, it will be online for next friday

lexy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curtis...don't forget to give us the grooming updates please......:rolleyes::rolleyes:

burny77

Reaction score
Well just on the highway back from 4 days in valemount and sorry to say boys its still some early riding conditions. we were in Allen Thursday and the riding was ok, but a she was socked in. The snow we received on Wednesday definitely helped as we were there on Monday and it was pounded right out and the switchback was terrible. Anyway thats kinda a vague update but I'm doing it from my phone and its fricken slow. Oh ya roads are pretty greasy so take it easy!

Tuesday

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few of my riding buddies are out there today and got pulled over, cops did not like their lights......ticket, empty beer cans.........ticket, brake release on trailer was not working...........ticket/tow.

Needless to say they got zero riding and a whack of tickets......fun times.:rant:

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few of my riding buddies are out there today and got pulled over, cops did not like their lights......ticket, empty beer cans.........ticket, brake release on trailer was not working...........ticket/tow.

Needless to say they got zero riding and a whack of tickets......fun times.:rant:

Sorry about their luck. Yeah, i got stopped on the way home as well. i believe you will see more of this all over province this year, so make certain you have ur ducks in a row and keep the empties for the hotel room.

Top Bottom