2010 / 2011 Valemount Updates

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the stability report Curtis. Is the current load binding with the old? From what I am reading in the reports, the PWL is lower.

The new snow/old snow interface is moving with moderate results on the compression test about 55cm down in the clemina area and differs a bit as you move around. There is some natural and triggered avalanche activity on the new snow layers, most seem to be down about 15cm. I believe you may be refering to the small surface hoar layer that is now down between 55-80cm depending on the area and if it exists, but it is (in my opinion only) beginning to break down well. If an event breaks down to the old rain crust that is near ground level, the event will be very large. This could be triggered by a shallow spot near rocks or trees etc. These are just my thoughts only, please check Welcome to avalanche.ca for the pros opinion.

NOW, We were out today and completely signed the clemina trail, you cant miss em:d We also hung some blue ribbon accross some access points to the FSR and by the time we came down, both were ripped down:confused:.....great....

The riding out there is awesome ! Comparatively low user numbers have left TONNES of fresh tracks out there.

Enjoy the snow and Ride Smart:beer:

Last edited:

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Chappel yesterday and Clemina today, hard to decide which had the most snow. :d Very good conditions and plenty of challenges in the tress without having to do any crazy pulls in avy territory. Was snowing on the way down from the hill. Hopefully it keeps up for next weekend. Thanks again to Varda for keeping the trails in such good shape. :beer:

Thats awesome, way to keep it simple yet challenging at the same time!

Thank you for the kind words !

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will be up this weekend. Back feels stronger.

Seasonal lows, some precip.. Looks ok and with the roads being chitty from this weekend, I think next weekend will be a BLAST!!!:beer:;)

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will be up this weekend. Back feels stronger.

Seasonal lows, some precip.. Looks ok and with the roads being chitty from this weekend, I think next weekend will be a BLAST!!!:beer:;)

Agreed

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heres some pics from sunday at allan creek. sure was deep! best conditions in there all season! no one had been past hillclimb the day before :D and i apoligize to anyone who witnessed my sleddeck loading attempt with a bent carbide saturday at chappel creek. LOL.

Last edited:

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heres some pics from sunday at allan creek. sure was deep! best conditions in there all season! no one had been past hillclimb the day before :D and i apoligize to anyone who witnessed my sleddeck loading attempt with a bent carbide saturday at chappel creek. LOL

Whats the Story on this one haha! :d

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ahh just had a bent carbide..took a run at the sled deck ramp and went over the bars..twice..faster run the second time..then got stuck on a snowbank in the parking lot and ran out of gas...then ripped the plywood on the top of the deck once i finally got it on...embarrasing to say the least.

but snow was awesome!!

anywhere from 1-3' in allan as it was fairly windy and moving snow around extremely fast.

which is anotherthing i should mention....the wind has completely changed the landscape up there. a line you took last weekend may be rocks and stumps now. but it just means that the one next to it is way deeper :D

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
We had a great ride this weekend, first we were at Chappel and ran into Maxwell and said hello and rode Clemina the second day. I think we had more snow at Clemina and found a lot of untouched powder in the back and really enjoyed the day but we all hit rocks up high so be aware of that. Trails were great on Sunday and we put some hard miles on and hit the road by 3:30. Good weekend in Valemount and we will be back soon. I bought a helmet cam and had a blast with it so I will try to post some videos later if I can be smarter than the computer! Thanks to Sue at the Cougar Mountain Lodge, excellent place to stay, I highly reccomend it.

turbom8

Reaction score
First off want to thank everyone on here for all the awsome pics, videos and updates!!! Was lookin for suggestions on what areas have the best snow conditions or r they all good right now? I headin down Friday for 3 days of ridein and want to test out the new 174 :)

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First off want to thank everyone on here for all the awsome pics, videos and updates!!! Was lookin for suggestions on what areas have the best snow conditions or r they all good right now? I headin down Friday for 3 days of ridein and want to test out the new 174 :)

By the sounds of it Chappel is the best, followed by Allen creek. But i also heard Blue River has tons too. Should be an awesome Weekend See you there.:d

Top Bottom