2010/2011 BLUE JEWEL /BLUE RIVER Updates and Conditions !

glacier mt lodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.glaciermountainlodge.com
Soooooo......

We said You can't Buy Insurance in BC for a Sled ! He Shrugged His Shoulders .....It is Ileagal to Operate a Sled / ATV / Vehicle on a ACTIVE Logging Road without Proper Insurance & Registration.....

Const. Tonn contnued saying that the Detachment has been receiveing numerous Complaints about Sleds running around Town.......

We Informed Him that 80 % was MW Staff ! ( TRUE FACT ) So He will look into that !

He also wanted to know more about Our Snowmobile Club and We told how HARD Blue River Powder Packers have been Working to get these Trails ALL Mapped and ALL The Signs that have been put up !

He Informed Us that this AMBUSH Could take place again soooooo......

FINN CREEK / GROUND HOG You MUST Have Insurance , Registraion , Drivers Licence , Radio as long as it is a " ACTIVE " Logging Road....NO Sledding on a Plowed Logging Road

He said it might not be a $58.00 Ticket next time.....

He dropped Off the Rules & Regulation here and away He went .....

Soooooo I really HOPE They will be done Logging by the end of December.....

I will keep You ALL posted on that one !

THEN......The Oilers Hockey Game wasn't on.....UNTIL.....They found it on a Promo Channel......LOL ( I got Lucky there...LOL )

I gave them ALL Free T-Shirts and bought Them some Beer.....

I really HOPE They come back and Join Us Next Year !.......

There You ALL have it BEWARE Of the " AMBUSH Cops ".....

Stay Tuned for Conditions......
Well I'm happy some one got fined!! I sat at the parking lot the weekend prior to this one and told every rider I saw that it is illegal to ride on a plowed logging road they all went regardless. Until sledders start taking responsibility for their actions and getting informed about the laws and start respecting that there are rules and yes they apply to sledders we will be continuing an uphill battle for legitimacy. Some one is going to get killed its only a matter of time so a $58.00 fine is pretty cheep.

Sorry for high hjacking your site Patti.

Bill

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Helloooo.....ALL You Crazy Canucks !

Well the Guests that left last night said....The Powder was to DEEP !!

Now there is a Statement I LOVE to hear !

Current Temp. in Blue River @ 12:30pm is +0.2 C Cloudy / Sunny

This Week is showing Highs of +4 C. and Lows of -11 C.

They say Flurries / Showers....YIKES....Showers !

Wellllll Stay Tuned more Updates to come !

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Well I'm happy some one got fined!! I sat at the parking lot the weekend prior to this one and told every rider I saw that it is illegal to ride on a plowed logging road they all went regardless. Until sledders start taking responsibility for their actions and getting informed about the laws and start respecting that there are rules and yes they apply to sledders we will be continuing an uphill battle for legitimacy. Some one is going to get killed its only a matter of time so a $58.00 fine is pretty cheep.

Sorry for high hjacking your site Patti.

Bill
Hey Bill....

I'm Glad that Your Happy......

Apologies Accepted !

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure glad our group did'nt get ambushed by the cops while we there last week. You have to wonder why the town would not do all it could to promote sledding in the area. Setting up an ambush to hand out tickets probably won't have those guys coming back any time soon!!! This is no slam on the holy smoke as Robin and Patti go out of their way to make us feel welcome, but it seems like Blue River is bitting the hand that feeds it with this action. They can log anywhere, but the sledding areas are limited. JMHO
Trench

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure glad our group did'nt get ambushed by the cops while we there last week. You have to wonder why the town would not do all it could to promote sledding in the area. Setting up an ambush to hand out tickets probably won't have those guys coming back any time soon!!! This is no slam on the holy smoke as Robin and Patti go out of their way to make us feel welcome, but it seems like Blue River is bitting the hand that feeds it with this action. They can log anywhere, but the sledding areas are limited. JMHO
Trench

i think it is the logging company that set it up... for there were some close calls i beleive....

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Trench

well the guys that are riding on the plowed logging roads are setting a ad example for the riders that do follow the rules, it has been posted many times that its illegal to ride on an active plowed logging road, and yet people still do it, they have to learn some how, to bad it had to be the hard way

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well the guys that are riding on the plowed logging roads are setting a ad example for the riders that do follow the rules, it has been posted many times that its illegal to ride on an active plowed logging road, and yet people still do it, they have to learn some how, to bad it had to be the hard way

Actually getting a ticket and a little hit to the wallet is the easy way, getting hit by a logging truck and planted 6 feet under or maimed for life would be the hard way.

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trench

I don't pay the logging company's or the RCMP a dime to ride my snowmobile near Blue River. You and a lot of snowmobilers seam to think that you are making everyone in the town a fortune just by showing up there. Out of all the money I spend on snowmobiling in a year only a small portion goes to resturaunts, hotels, and gas stations. Never to logging companies or RCMP though. Lets say you are someone who donates a large amount of money to the Blue River powder packers every year or something. That still doesn't put you above all the rules.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

where has it been posted ... i did not see any at the parking lot.... a lot of people do not use the web to check conditions or updates... as for bill sitting there telling people that it is illegal ... i did not see anyone there when we went ... we drove in and had a radio calling our kms... i know patti told them and they had a radio calling in there kms so it is there own fault ...

Last edited:

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im sure ill cause a stir but then again im used to that buuut i do think that i could dodge a logging truck if i was on my sled and he was coming my way,,,,then again actually i would much rather meet a trukk on my sled than in my pick up, but hey i dont really like all the rules and regs out there, does that mean i have to follow them??? Ticket warranted, i dont think so. Some rules no matter how u slice them are useless, ride on boys,,,well unless ur gonna negatively effect blu :)

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just wanna see some pictures of what I'm up against this coming weekend... That's all.... Is that so much to ask?

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^theres a few in the okanagan shushwap that i posted, not too far from there, prob pretty similar conditions. Pics arent the best ( cell phone ) therell prob be more up later on tho

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Ok.....Now that Everybody got that Off Thier Chests.....

How about the Guests that Sledded here were saying that the Snow is TO DEEP !

Umm...Current Temp. -0.7 C. Overcast can't see any Stars....

They are calling for a Rain mix Snow Tomorrow with a High of +4 C.....YIKES !

I told a Story....Some of You Commented....NOW LETS MOVE ON :d:beer::beer:

Thankfully it will ALL be done SOON !...17 Days...

We can ALL Smile and Nod.....:) Carry on....

I will get some Pics up tomorrow for You ALL.....

Stay Tuned more Updates and Conditions....

please No Slamming anybody here Life Lesson Complete !

Last edited:
Top Bottom