2009 M1000 Sno Pro 174" project

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Well I am not sure if anyone is interested in seeing how easy it is to longtrack one of these so I thought I would post some pics on my progress as I do this. Just got the machine home and it is basically stock, I am hoping to get it up around 190 ish hp with all of my bolt ons, but you can be the judge. I will be pulling the tunnel apart tonite and will start with the pics after. I may need some advice as to how to get the pics on here properly as I had some issues before, not too computer smart Ha Ha.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Well I hope the pics work, here is the start of my journey, I have removed the back half of my tunnel and used it as a template. Basically I added 8" of length using tracing paper as illistrated in my first pic. Once that was done(It took me 2 hours, you know measure twice cut once) I then traced everything onto some 060 thicness aluminum that I had sheered at my local steel shop. I proceeded to make my cuts with a jigsaw and now I am off to get the aluminum bent so that I can start to make some final adjustments and attach my new extention. I will post some more pics once it is on, over and out.

Attachments

• IMG_6114.JPG
    IMG_6114.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 863
  • IMG_6115.JPG
    IMG_6115.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 851

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Well I have the tunnel all bent up and I am now making some final ajustments as the bends arent exactly right, I will be doing a little grinding and some hammering here and there and see how it fits, the last time I did this I spent an hour and had it all fitting just as good as factory so I hope I can work the same magic, more pics to follow soon.

Attachments

• IMG_6116.JPG
    IMG_6116.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 864
  • IMG_6117.JPG
    IMG_6117.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 851

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lookin good buddy keep us updated always love to see a project come together :d:beer::beer:

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
So here as you can see I need to add about 7" of length to the hoses for the rear cooler, I am going to go to a parts store and try to find a nice hose to work and If I dont find anyting I can just add a piece of tubing and use a small piece of hose on the joints, I just dont like that as it makes more connections prone to leaks. Anyone have a better idea?

Attachments

• IMG_6118.JPG
    IMG_6118.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 842

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what is your idea for tail light ? Still goin to run the stock cat L.E.D one ?

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Yes if you look at my last pic the square black marks are where it mounts into so it is easy to keep it, I have to add some length to the wire though, and I am still on the hunt for hose for the cooler, I have a couple of options now I just have to figure out what I am going to do.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So here as you can see I need to add about 7" of length to the hoses for the rear cooler, I am going to go to a parts store and try to find a nice hose to work and If I dont find anyting I can just add a piece of tubing and use a small piece of hose on the joints, I just dont like that as it makes more connections prone to leaks. Anyone have a better idea?

Acklands would be the best choice IMO., Napa or Auto Value may have what you need, but Acklands has it for sure (I know). Take the old hose with you and they can match up the diameter for it. Lengthened the hose on my cat last year and they were able to find what I needed. Try and get a pre-formed hose so that the 90 degree bends don't kink (compared to if you just use loose rad hose off the reel in bulk). You might have to buy two hoses if the length isn't there, or you can try and get one hose with two 90 degree bends in it and then cut them to length if the hose has enough length.

Order it from Acklands Grainer but maybe check Napa or Auto Value just in case (probably in stock at Acklands though). We had to order a hose for the hillclimb bike and they make pre-molded hoses in the length you want, just need the inside diameter
https://www.acklandsgrainger.com/AG...id=7&catId2=544&catName2=COOLANT&levelCount=2
Try any of the part #'s DYC80400 to DYC80412. They make it in 5/8" and 3/4". I think this might be the one you want - https://www.acklandsgrainger.com/AG...lay.do?item_code=DYC80412&categorySearch=true
3/4" ID X 4" X 12" in the 90 degree pre-molded.

Hope that helps.

GDS

Reaction score
Where in Red Deer did you get the bending done for the tunnel extention as i want to do a track change also thanks

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
I got it done at Russel Metals, talk to Kevin, what kind of track are you going to?

HONDA310R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just weld the extra 7" u need on the tubing then you dont have to worry about a hose ripping off. jmo

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Thanks, I ended up at the parts source store and found the perfect hose for $13.00 a piece. I will post some pics soon as I have sent about 5 hours tearing everything down, got the extention to fit well and I picked up the rivets and a few other nic nacks. I have the rear suspension out and the cluthes off as I am going to make changes to them as well as adding a SLP pipe, Rkt head, V force reeds, open up the air box with some vents, Boondocker box, I have adjusted my oil injection as they are really rich out of the box, cleaned my power valves and checked the cables and adjustment on them and adjusted my throttle cable. The only thing I am debating is if I will put the M8 gears in this one or try to get my desired track speed with a different helix. I was told that Dalton will be making a 50/38 bolt on helix for about $160.00, what do you guys think? I was hoping with the few extra add ons I am doing (SLP pipe and reeds) that this will pull as hard without the M8 gears.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
I had a 2 degree key in my 07 and didnt really notice any difference other than it idled rougher, I actually took it out. I finally did a bunch more work to the sled and more pics will be coming soon!

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Well I have been away from this project for awile ( getting my 07 ready for sale) and here is my next round of pics, I have installed the homemade tunnel ext and put all of the rivets in the coolers, this probably took me 2-3 hours, lots of clamping and adjusting but I am happy overall. I also added my longer hoses from Parts Source and they worked out perfectly. I used special Cat clamps that have a liner on the inside of the clamp to keep it from cutting into the hose and also they will not work loose but they were $3.00 a piece, I will see how they stand up. I have a guy coming to polish the tunnel on Sunday so I will take a few pics and hopefull have the rear suspension in, my Ice age rails showed up and they look great. Well Satarday is a garage day I hope to make some serious headway and I will post some more tommorow.

Attachments

• IMG_6126.JPG
    IMG_6126.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 530
  • IMG_6123.JPG
    IMG_6123.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 523
  • IMG_6122.JPG
    IMG_6122.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 525
  • IMG_6121.JPG
    IMG_6121.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 525

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Oh I almost forgot, here is a pic of the Ice Age rails, debating on whether or not to pwdercoat my rear suspension, I hate the orange. What do you guys think... white?

Attachments

• IMG_6127.JPG
    IMG_6127.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 526

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
When I ordered my Ice Age Rails last year I regret not getting them powder coated at the time.
I'd powder coat them while it all out...IMO.
Oh I almost forgot, here is a pic of the Ice Age rails, debating on whether or not to pwdercoat my rear suspension, I hate the orange. What do you guys think... white?

Top Bottom