2009 M1000 Sno Pro 174" project

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Today was a great day in the garage as I put in my new pistons, ported cylinders on with my RKT head, I also put the boondocker box in and put my probes and stuff in my SLP exhaust and installed it as well as my Slp air intake kit. I also gutted the foam outta my hood and noticed the headlight foam was all gone to crap so I am going to redo that and I added some extra air venting in the hood part of the intake. I also got the M8 gearing all in the diamond drive and have it in the sled bolted up and I will be disassembling the rear suspension for some powdercoating this week and hopefully have it all together for next wekend, I will post some pics after the polishing gets done, I hope it shines like a new penny!

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Today was a sunny day, put your sunglasses on !! man did my polisher do a god job, here is a couple of pics of the finished tunnel and a pic of under the hood showing this thing together finally. I now have to wait a bit as I am getting some powdercoating done and a bit of machining to my primary clutch. I am hoping this gets done this week so I can finish it off next weekend and get ready for the first trip of the year. I hope all of this work pays off as I am trying a few new things this year. Thanks for looking and my next pics will be of "White lightning" together. Ha Ha.

Attachments

• IMG_6129.JPG
    IMG_6129.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 530
  • IMG_6131.JPG
    IMG_6131.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 535
  • IMG_6130.JPG
    IMG_6130.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 521

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a chance to ride my 174 cat on friday. Your gonna love how it floats on powder, kicks the crap out of 162. You'll see first time you step off it in the powder.

069.JPG

Last edited:

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Yeah you are right I have had a 174 on my 07 for 2 years and I wouldnt go back, our group now all has 174's on 2-1000's 1-800 and a guy with a m7 that rocks really hard. Counting the days now I have heard the snow is fantastic.

dooski

Reaction score
nice work there buddy and what's with the butterflys on your blanket haha:d:d:d can't wait till the end of the month to go sledding in revy:beer::beer::beer::beer:

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure wouldnt want to pull that big track out of a trench. Prolly weighs an extra hundy packed full of snow. Nice work though. Really nice for the fluffy days.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks great Catman, well done!:d Could you post a close up of the completed tunnel extension?

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Well here is a picture of my rear suspension after about 4 hours in the shop putting everything back together, I had the rails polished by Al the polisher who did my tunnel and I was very happy with them and the powdercoating done here in town at Metalstrip and coatings. All in all I am very happy with the finished product.

Attachments

• IMG_6159.JPG
    IMG_6159.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 525

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Here is White Lightning all assembled all but the seat, I am getting the sides redone with velcro as those buttons are junk so I hope it works. I fired it up and all looks good but the boondocker box wires have to be switched around on the black injector plugs as they are different on the 09 as far as I can tell. Monday nights project, I hope it fixes the problem. I just have a few things to finish up and we are off to Revy this weekend. I hope this machine holds a candle to the 07 I had, it rocked!

Attachments

• IMG_6160.JPG
    IMG_6160.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 529
  • IMG_6161.JPG
    IMG_6161.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 550

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is White Lightning all assembled all but the seat, I am getting the sides redone with velcro as those buttons are junk so I hope it works. I fired it up and all looks good but the boondocker box wires have to be switched around on the black injector plugs as they are different on the 09 as far as I can tell. Monday nights project, I hope it fixes the problem. I just have a few things to finish up and we are off to Revy this weekend. I hope this machine holds a candle to the 07 I had, it rocked!

If you don't mind me asking, how much was it to powdercoat your rear suspension parts and bumper. PM me if you like? Thanks.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
The powdercoating cost me $170.00 but it was worth it as the factory powdercoating was all beat to crap and rusting so I bit the bullet. I also fixed all of my wiring issues last night and hope to pick up my seat today and then I will post my last picture before she goes in the trailer. Thanks for looking everyone it has been a fun project even though the wife thinks I have spent a bit too much time in the garage.

98670X

Reaction score
Hey catman, i know its been 9 months since your last post on this project, but im wondering if you have the complete pics and some pics of that beast on the hill, awsome lookin cat man :)

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
I just went to my buddies house and had a little talk with my sweety and told her i would be riding her soon, fired her up and had the sweet smell of two stroke oil in the trailer again. I will try to take an updated pic of her and post as there will be a few little changes this year, just some powdercoating and adjustable weights and I will have to beef up the rails as I have one that has a slight bend. I cant afford much as I am currently inbetween jobs right now. Here is a pic in Blue River where I ripped the lugs off my 2.5" track and went to the 3". Best thing that happened, cant wait for the deep!

Attachments

• IMG_6204.JPG
    IMG_6204.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 552

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ice Age rails only way to go, on sale right now I think. Did the 3" fit over your 8 tooth drivers and have clearance?

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
im starting my 174 build tonight. First of the list is the diamond drive seal and bearing treatment ..

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the clearance in the front by the cooler. There's about 1/4" of room. This is the 3"x 174". Catman and I are running the same tracks.Stock 8 tooth driver.

Attachments

• IMG00125.jpg
    IMG00125.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 551
Top Bottom