2007 m1000

catgod

Reaction score
my dads lookin for a Y pipe for his sled, but some guys on another website said SLP is crap on the 1000

whats the best Y pipe for it? and will he need a fuel controller ? only other thing done to the sled is an mbrp can

b_doornenbal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
go with the full SLP set, fits great works really well, just my thoughts i mean if you have to put on a boone box anyway why not get more power.

I have a boone box on mine took me about 30 mins to tune with the right numbers from a few snow and mud members

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
go with the full SLP set, fits great works really well, just my thoughts i mean if you have to put on a boone box anyway why not get more power.

I have a boone box on mine took me about 30 mins to tune with the right numbers from a few snow and mud members

I would also recommend full SLP pipe kit. I run an MBRP can on mine instead of the SLP can. Go with the Power Commander V with the auto tune. Throw in a set of Boyeson Rad valves and a three degree timing advance key. SLP billet air horn and you are set man. If you wish you can change out the stock helix with a RK-Tek kit.

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
call ted at terra alps racing. he has a set up for the m1000's that makes them rock.

b_doornenbal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh yes as wel I have a bdx black box intake and rktech clutch on as well really woke the sled up, i liked the 1000 before the mods, now I really like it WAY more power and track speed, and the fact that it is pull and go once set up...... i liked the power so much i bought a turbo for next year.....

Terra Alps Racing inc.

Reaction score
Y pipe is the biggest gain, the pipes add very little after that, You can see over 10 hp gain from our y pipe.
You can run a Y pipe with out a fuel controller but be careful, if the sled runs lean, some need one, some don't.

The SLP y pipe doesn't fit cause they want you to buy the whole kit. Y pipe only fits with there pipe. If you install a different muffler on the slp pipe it will flow alot more as the slp muffler is designed for that Y pipe and pipe combo, make sure you have a fuel controller to add fuel.

The air box mods loose power cause they don't have the pulse action and velocity of a stock style airbox.

Top Bottom