2007 800r engine problems?

cikyle

Reaction score
I have a summit 800R with 600 miles on it and all of the sudden the engine is really vibrating. It now runs rough and I think the crank might have problems? Any suggestions? Who fixes cranks around Edmonton and is it worth just putting a crate engine in?

Thanks

woodsRIDER92

Reaction score
check your clutch first, it a little cheaper and it sounds like what uv got wrong... my dads went last season and he only had 500km on it, it vibrated quite a bit, just try to wiggle ur primary clutch, there shouldnt be any play, and if you see metal shavings around it be prepared to spend some money :confused:

if it is the clutch look into pre 07 clutchs(there built better) or go aftermarket, my dad old clutch to fix was around 1200$ and a high performance is around 900$ or look on ebay for a used clutch, I found one for around 300$

Hope this helps

toml

Reaction score
I'm scared of 07 800r motors. The fact you have low k's and now vibrations? those motors were ticking time bombs!

Boost Monster

Reaction score
I have a summit 800R with 600 miles on it and all of the sudden the engine is really vibrating. It now runs rough and I think the crank might have problems? Any suggestions? Who fixes cranks around Edmonton and is it worth just putting a crate engine in?

Thanks

Check your Crank Phase. Tom a Mott's performance fixes cranks. He can true it and weld the pins in place so it won't happen again. He has done lot's of them for me. His shop # is 780 418-5595.

cikyle

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. It was the crank phase. I have it at Mot's now and hopping it is fixable...

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
huh i have never heard of the cranks breaking phase... the older triples yes... but not the newer twins

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good info guys! Can you tell us more about the symptoms and causes of this? Also is this possible then in an 08'xp 800?? Buddy has the same symptoms but Martin westside says it's fine!
Thanks

Boost Monster

Reaction score
Good info guys! Can you tell us more about the symptoms and causes of this? Also is this possible then in an 08'xp 800?? Buddy has the same symptoms but Martin westside says it's fine!
Thanks

This is the a very common thing to happen on the Xp's also. I had one sled come through my shop outside of Gibbons that was shaking so bad and running on one cylinder. Compression 140 PTO/Mag, checked crank phase and the PTO was out.185thou form Mag side:eek: Repaired crank and welded pins and customer rode the rest of the season a happy camper:d

cikyle

Reaction score
From what I here it is quite common on the 800R engines. Apparently the case is too tight for the bearings and when they get hot they have no where to expand. Martin's will tell you this never happens but infact it happens to alot! I good way to check is by putting 2 screwdrivers down the spark pug holes. Both pistons should be going opposite directions. Mine were nearly going the same way. I will run very rough as well.

Top Bottom