2000 rmk 800

dodgegirl101

Reaction score
Hi, I'm thinking of buying a 2000 RMK 800. My boyfriend has a 2000 RMK 700. Just wondering if anyone has an insite about this sled. good or bad???? thank u

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
excellent sleds, the power is very similar to the 700 of that era that they are based on. None of the horror stories on these, just a very reliable sled. And you can rub it in to your BF that yours is bigger!!

dodgegirl101

Reaction score
Thanks. I did end up buying it! We've been moving so havent got to ride it yet! But we are going this weekend! I seen the sled n feel in love right away with it! Its nice! Way nicer then the old 500 Indy! LOL

dodgegirl101

Reaction score
Hey, So the rmk 800 has the runners wired for the heat not the handle grips. So my question is does the sled have enough juice to run, 1-the runners, 2-thumb warmer n 3- handle grips. If I was to rewire them so I could have all 3 with 3 different switches could the sled handle that or would it be to much?? Cause the heated runners are nice, but my hands get so cold I'm wondering if all 3 is do-able or should I just take it bak how it was with just the handle grips n thumb warmers!!
Thanks

Wally in Calgary

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey, So the rmk 800 has the runners wired for the heat not the handle grips. So my question is does the sled have enough juice to run, 1-the runners, 2-thumb warmer n 3- handle grips. If I was to rewire them so I could have all 3 with 3 different switches could the sled handle that or would it be to much?? Cause the heated runners are nice, but my hands get so cold I'm wondering if all 3 is do-able or should I just take it bak how it was with just the handle grips n thumb warmers!!
Thanks
The "runners" are heated by your cooling system not your electrical system. The coolant runs through the outside pipe (of the "runners") and back to the heat plenum under the back platform on the skid. If it is not equipped with thumb warmer and grips it is probably wired for it and they should be able to be added easily.

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cheers they were all gooders in 2000 until the y2k fussion 900 junk

enjoy your sled and have fun:):beer:

dodgegirl101

Reaction score
The heating is under the tunnel on these sleds. so the guy b4 me put the hand warmers wired them to the runners so the runners are heated so they dont ice up n the hand warmers are no longer heated. the thumb warmer still is heated! So I'm wondering if the sled could handle cann 3 being plugged in n used?

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The heating is under the tunnel on these sleds. so the guy b4 me put the hand warmers wired them to the runners so the runners are heated so they dont ice up n the hand warmers are no longer heated. the thumb warmer still is heated! So I'm wondering if the sled could handle cann 3 being plugged in n used?

what are you refering to as the runners?
not sure i understand why someone would heat the running boards electrically:confused: would never have enough juice /heat to do anything anyways imo. if they are not heated you just get snow. knok it off and away ya go. sled probably wont run all three. disconnect your runners and hook back up you hand warmers.

Wally in Calgary

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are talking about the running boards that you stand on then you are wrong. They are heated by your cooling system and the coolant runs through them and back. Look at #7 on the parts list -- These are your alum running boards. I think someones been pulling your leg. LOL.

RMK.jpg

RMK1-1.jpg

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are talking about the running boards that you stand on then you are wrong. They are heated by your cooling system and the coolant runs through them and back. Look at #7 on the parts list -- These are your alum running boards. I think someones been pulling your leg. LOL.

RMK.jpg

RMK1-1.jpg

must be some flatland special

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the machine you just purchased the hand grips and thumb warmers are electric the running boards use antifreeze from the motor to supplie heat to them when the machine was biult thats the way it was made , uless somebody has changed stuff you should be good to go

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to rain on your parade, but I hope your BF carries a tow rope, because that 800 is a POS. Sorry, but I had one, 2000 RMK 800 151, 4 engines in 4 seasons, these engines had HUGE crankshaft issues, even with all the updates, bigger bearings etc. And believe me, I'm not the only one who had problems, there are many a story on here about the Polaris 800 engines, some worse than others, but all bad. I'll give the sled credit, when it ran it worked awesome, but I spent more time on the sidelines than riding when I had it.I'll also give my dealer and Polaris credit because they warrantied all 4 engines, the first 2 100% and the 2nd two 75%. On the other hand your BF's 700, that's a proven good engine and an excellent sled.I hope for your sake that you have better luck than I did, and better luck than most of the Polaris 800 owners have had and that includes my buddy who just had his blow up last weekend.

dodgegirl101

Reaction score
I'm just saying what the kid told me when I bought it! I dont have any idea about sleds. I've only had one for a year now n no one has helped me or showed me anything bout them! So sorry if you think I'm stupid! But all I did was come here n ask n you guys are just being A**'s! If you dont want to help thats fine but all I'm looking for is some help, not some stupid dumb a** remarks!

dodgegirl101

Reaction score
the machine you just purchased the hand grips and thumb warmers are electric the running boards use antifreeze from the motor to supplie heat to them when the machine was biult thats the way it was made , uless somebody has changed stuff you should be good to go

I guess he heated the sides. like the foot grips or something! I'm not really sure but its on the edge of the runners that heat up!

Top Bottom