2000 rmk 800

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess he heated the sides. like the foot grips or something! I'm not really sure but its on the edge of the runners that heat up!

ok the reason why the are heating up isnt because they wired them... that is where the engine coolant runs to the heat exchanger at the rear of the sled and returns down the other side .. engine runs warms the antifreeze solution and water pump circulates the heated coolant through the cooling system see picture posted above
hopefully this explains it for you

Snow Monkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm just saying what the kid told me when I bought it! I dont have any idea about sleds. I've only had one for a year now n no one has helped me or showed me anything bout them! So sorry if you think I'm stupid! But all I did was come here n ask n you guys are just being A**'s! If you dont want to help thats fine but all I'm looking for is some help, not some stupid dumb a** remarks!

Awww, I have a 2003 RMK 800. Love it. It whoops my husband (magnets) Ski-Doo any day. Of snowmobiles I have had before, I would say this RMK 800 is the best snow machine I have ever had. He likes it so much as well, that he wants to go to one of these too.

Enjoy your sled, ask for help if you need it, questions if you want answers, and dont worry about some of the remarks, I think all in all on here, everyone means to be helpful, some just have a weird way of showing it.

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They were pretty good afterthe crank bearings were updated.The originals didn't have a big enough surface area and they caused crank failures.The kid either didn't know if it had the updated crank bearings or he was being shady!Alot of my buddies had them and if they were not updated it was pretty nasty failures after about 3000 miles!A dialed in 700 will give them a run for there money though.I had a 2002 800 rmk 156 with the exhaust valves and the valves perked up the 800 alot,but it went through alot of valves,crappy valve material.But yours should be a good machine as long as the updates were done!Good luck. I still haven't figured out why some guys have to be dicks on here when you ask for advice!!

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess he heated the sides. like the foot grips or something! I'm not really sure but its on the edge of the runners that heat up!

The edges of the running boards heat up because the engine coolant flows thru them. If the guy told you he heated them electrically he's full of it, it can't be done. See the diagram wally put up, your cooling system flows thru a front heat exchanger, down both sides of the running boards( right thru the outer edge that has the little grips on them) and thru a rear heat exchanger.When you start your engine and let it warm up. just put your hand on the edges of the running boards and you'll feel them getting warmer as the engine warms up, I can't remember which side will heat up first, but one side will first then the rear, then the other side as the coolant circulates. I'm guessing either your hand grips are disconnected or have just plain quit working, which isn't uncommon.

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
VE tunnels were the first to run coolant through the boards, poo copied them. Back in the day that was a huge selling topic cause it has allways been a problem. Many a sled had to get patched in creative ways cause the tubing couldnt take even a moderate hit. We have it too easy now with better boards and other products like that. Used to do a few power turns slipp off and hit your shin on the meat grinder edges.

Top Bottom