2 Sleds in a 7x14 Trailer?

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can still get a 7 wide but maybe think of going to a 16 or even a 18 long??? Should still tow nicely with a 1/2 ton.

toyz

Reaction score
I bought a 7x14' from the us a couple of years ago. It had a tandem axle. it fits 2 sleds, nose to toes. Super cheap no no problem bringing it back.

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same here. I just want something small enough to pull with a half ton or SUV. I've thought of the triton sled trailers with a cap, but I'm not paying $5,000 for one of those, when I can get a "real" enclosed trailer that can be used for other things too.
I have a 12' open sled trailer with drive-off ramps, but I'm tired of cleaning road grime off my sled; even with a tarp...

I was considering something like mentioned above as well. biggest reason for me is no need for a 3/4 tonne or bigger. I get company vehicles V8 no problem but sometimes no hitch or even an SUV this way Im good to go. IMO anything over 19ft gets a bit heavey otherwise or your getting 4miles to the gallon in the pass lol

and the other big thing I was liking is I dont have to load my sled at 4am or 10pm just hook up and go oil tools all good to go!!!

How tall do these sit, I may even be able to get it in the garage

This is a great trailer that stands 82.5" high, 7' wide and 14' long (11' straight wall plus a 3' v-nose) and fits in most standard garage doors. I can build it longer in 1' increments. It's our motorcycle hauler but doubles for alot of customers as a sled/quad hauler. Being a motorcycle trailer it comes standard with a 2' no show beavertail and drop down corner brackets so you can load and unload with out being hooked up. The trailer weighs in at 1750lbs and pulls awesome! A single colour will run you $8,394.00 and the Two/Tone with Polished divider for $8,791.00 :beer:

Attachments

• Black-Orange 714LRV.jpg
    Black-Orange 714LRV.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 321
  • White-Pewter714 LRV.jpg
    White-Pewter714 LRV.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 317
  • Black-Red 714 LRV #1.jpg
    Black-Red 714 LRV #1.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 315
  • Black-Red 714 LRV #2.jpg
    Black-Red 714 LRV #2.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 324
  • Black-Red 714 LRV #4.jpg
    Black-Red 714 LRV #4.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 321
  • Black-Red 714 LRV #6.jpg
    Black-Red 714 LRV #6.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 313

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A all aluminum 7X16 or 7X19 will still pull very easy with a half ton. You will regret it if you go smaller, dont forget about if you ever need it to haul a quad. Check out the Stealth alloy trailers they look good.

ratpak

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice and comments everyone. I ended up pulling the trigger and picked up a Stealth Liberty with a bunch of upgrades. The price was right and it looks like it'll do the trick.

photo.jpg

ratpak

Reaction score
Yes, but doesn't communist BC have rules against having a sled deck on a 1/2 ton truck?
Besides, I've seen 2 guys dump their sleds over the side while loading onto a deck and if i had one, I'd be the 3rd to do it... lol.

one of those is great in Alberta... but the sled deck is better for BC . gotta love being able to turn around on the back roads :)

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, but doesn't communist BC have rules against having a sled deck on a 1/2 ton truck?
Besides, I've seen 2 guys dump their sleds over the side while loading onto a deck and if i had one, I'd be the 3rd to do it... lol.

Get a telescoping ramp, so that you aren't driving up a 60 degree ramp. Make sure you are parked on flat ground, and the ramp is secure, you shouldn't be ditching over the side.

armascott

Armaguard
Reaction score
Old thread I know, and kind of a different question. Do you think a guy could fit 3 155’s in a 7x14 v nose enclosed?

armascott

Armaguard
Reaction score
Ok, that's what figured thanks guys. It's my buddies trailer and we were just trying to pre plan travel arrangements for our next trip.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Old thread I know, and kind of a different question. Do you think a guy could fit 3 155’s in a 7x14 v nose enclosed?

14 foot plus V, Maybe.

Sounds like a challenge for a game of sled Tetris!

Top Bottom