1998 700 rmk kids sled

08 800 x doo

Reaction score
I have this sled it works ok but from a idel to half throdel it just doesn't pull good it spudders when you get rolling along & hit it it pulls hard
I have cleaned the carbs they are opening at the same time there is 180 main jets 42 poilts & the niddel is set on the secound notch from the top the plug are a nice lite brown when you are working sled the comprssion is 125 PTO side & 122 mag side i have checked the reeds they are good like i said it idels find the clutchs have be done as well the air screw is set at one turn out
I may have to put some smaller poilts in it
One thing that i would like to add is it has a slp boost bottle on it & it had twin pipes on when i got it i put the stock pipe & a MBRP can on it the only thing i changed was the niddle setting it was on # 3
Also when i start it some times it will only run on side

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I'm guessing you've checked plugs and wires. Also check your reeds, I had a problem with my 700 RMK and that is where it was found.
Also check you crank bearing seal - again I had a problem with my RMK running erratically and it ended up being the bearing seal.
Hope this helps a bit.
I have this sled it works ok but from a idel to half throdel it just doesn't pull good it spudders when you get rolling along & hit it it pulls hard
I have cleaned the carbs they are opening at the same time there is 180 main jets 42 poilts & the niddel is set on the secound notch from the top the plug are a nice lite brown when you are working sled the comprssion is 125 PTO side & 122 mag side i have checked the reeds they are good like i said it idels find the clutchs have be done as well the air screw is set at one turn out
One thing that i would like to add is it has a slp boost bottle on it & it had twin pipes on when i got it i put the stock pipe & a MBRP can on it the only thing i changed was the niddle setting it was on # 3

08 800 x doo

Reaction score
The boots & reeds were checked if it was a crank seal it would lean it's self out & i have gave some good run's across the fields
I think i may have to put a smaller poilt jet in it & play with the air screws
thanks for the info

sledguy75

Reaction score
go one size smaller with pilots, my 700 rmk would load up if i was trying to trail ride but would pull hard once opened up,plugs were always nice and tan so couldnt really tell anything by reading em

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You may be a little too lean in the mid range. By raising the clip from the center of the needle to the #2 notch, (lowers the needle) that will lean it out. Just remember raise=rich, lower=lean. I have experienced lean bogs before, sounds and feels just like a rich bog.

garlic bear

Reaction score
jet the cards down if it had pipes you will have to go down a couple of sizes for sure. have 2000 700rmk running 168 170 jets kehien carbs slp single pipe. It sound to rich to me

Top Bottom