13 pro with bikeman big bore?

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so I am looking at a 13 pro with a bikeman big bore 860 in it with on 300 km or so on the engine ...
I ride the snot out of my sleds ... lots of trees but when its clear we do lots of jumping and drops.. not much for long chutes ... my maintance program is not bad but I really don't tinker well with stuff
questions are ..
is it worth the extra cash for the extra performance?
are these motors reliable? how may km approx. ?
what all is required to keep these thing going ?

any and all comments appreciated

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It depends on how much more he is trying to get for the sled. I have never ridden the big bore and was interested in doing one myself but decided against it. The pro is an awesome sled but you have to be willing to turn some wrenches. there made light and they don't last long. 2000km will need a new top end and 4000km will need a crank. Make sure that the previous owner had the oil pump turned up an that it was allowed sufficient warming before riding hard. Was the belt broken in properly? When was the clutch rebuilt? Ive see spyders worn out at 500km...

Look on KIJIJI and see where the price is on a stock one and go from there. The BB kit is just over 4K, so keep that In mind as well.

Again, they are awesome sleds, but they require a fair amount of maintenance. hope this helps.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Have you ever measured one at 4000km? I have seen some last to 4000 miles, and seen some fail at 2000 miles.. so!!

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya the guy that owns it is a polaris mechanic and he has been looking after my sled for the last 4 years good guy good mechanic... the sled is mint nothing as been left out .... just trying to make up my mind on it !!

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
everywhere I have read they are actually suppose to help these motors with reliability as in a way its adding the fix kit people put in these motors anyways

rmscustom

Reaction score
Have you ever measured one at 4000km? I have seen some last to 4000 miles, and seen some fail at 2000 miles.. so!!

Have you measured a crank at 4k? In another thread you hadn't measured your top end and were going off of which piston kit had less of an audible click noise rocking them back and forth.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have measure a couple with my cousin. He rebuilds sled motors all the time. He is much more knowledgeable than I am. The "clicking" noise I was referring to was the play between the piston and the cylinder. If there is enough room to move a piston like that, there out of spec...... My new pistons went in at 0.005" and there was no way you could move them enough to click in the cylinders. I didn't measure my crank as I only have 1300 miles on it. I was just giving an honest opinion. There awesome sleds.... they just don't last long.

Sorry if my engine language is up to your standards!

Last edited:

rmscustom

Reaction score
I have measure a couple with my cousin. He rebuilds sled motors all the time. He is much more knowledgeable than I am. The "clicking" noise I was referring to was the play between the piston and the cylinder. If there is enough room to move a piston like that, there out of spec...... My new pistons went in at 0.005" and there was no way you could move them enough to click in the cylinders. I didn't measure my crank as I only have 1300 miles on it. I was just giving an honest opinion. There awesome sleds.... they just don't last long.

Sorry if my engine language is up to your standards!

All pistons will click in the cylinder... Especially 2 stroke pistons that have a huge amount of taper built in.

Just curious cause I don't know. What exactly do you measure on a crank to determine if its bad? My 13 is well over 4000km.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All pistons will click in the cylinder... Especially 2 stroke pistons that have a huge amount of taper built in.

Just curious cause I don't know. What exactly do you measure on a crank to determine if its bad? My 13 is well over 4000km.

Crank run out with a dial gauge.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Nice sled.... let me know when you go riding, it would be awesome to see how it compares to my full mod MTNTK motor!!

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks ya I'm kinda nervous about it spent a lot of money.. just hopino it runs well and last for a while.. I'm gain to ride anytime

Assault11

Reaction score
My dad just built one. Works good but I would take a boost it turbo over that any day. It's the same price. But no where near the power

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My dad just built one. Works good but I would take a boost it turbo over that any day. It's the same price. But no where near the power

Really!!!! Boost-it turbo is 6395 with no install and no upgrades. The big bore is 4350 and is easy to install. how is that the same?

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling that the big bore will be more reliable for what I do than a turbo.. I am not that easy on sleds and I am not a huge fan of tinkering .. I want something that will just run Im hoping that this sled will do that

Top Bottom