09 m1000 ecu code 1,17 flashing ??

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does anyone know what thesecodes stand for, i think code 17 is for pipe temp sensor but dont know what code 1 stands for, any help would be appreciated. thanks

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it should tell u under the hood on a sticker somewhere, i think its on the ecu actually. Ill check on my sled later

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does anyone know what thesecodes stand for, i think code 17 is for pipe temp sensor but dont know what code 1 stands for, any help would be appreciated. thanks

Heres a few from my manual:
ECU 12 Failure in ignition coil.
ECU 16* Incorrect adjustment/failure in APV cable.
ECU 17* Failure in exhaust temperature sensor.
ECU 18* Failure in servomotor.
ECU 2 Failure in injector(s).
ECU 21* Failure in knock sensor.
ECU 23* Fail-safe mode activated in knock control system.
ECU 4 Open or short circuit in barometric pressure sensor.
ECU 5 Open or short circuit in intake air temperature sensor.
ECU 6 Open or short circuit in water temperature sensor.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya just checked my sled and it didnt say anythin about a code #1, mayb give a dealer a shout tomorrow if nobody can come up with an answer

animal jim

Reaction score
#1 is a fuel thing but just replacing the exhaust temp sensor when you get both codes fixes the problem. I had the same thing. the #1 code goes hand in hand with the #17 code.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Replace the sensor with a 430 ohm resistor and never have to buy another overpriced sensor. Or, the sensor from a Duramax is the same one and wayyyyyyy cheaper. I can't remember the number but it's on this site somewhere.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Dont bother with the Duramax sensor, I tried one and it lasted about 2 trips, just get the resistor and be done, I am on my second year with the resistor and no issues.

brylance

Reaction score
Before you replace the sensor, trace the cable coming from it back to where it plugs into into the harness near the upper mag side engine mount. My wires actually broke on the harness side of the plug where a zip tie was holding it to the cable bundle underneath, and to the right of the coolant bottle. I had to extend the harness a couple inches with some scrap trailer wire, then reroute them slightly so that the engine vibration wouldn't bend the wires sharply enough to break them. Once the harness was fixed, the codes and the wrench icon in the gauge went away the next time I fired it up.

catlove7

Reaction score
Phone Artic edge in the pass he has resistors for 20 dollars did that to mine and no more expensive sensors works great.

Top Bottom