Sd 26 code

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello all been getting this sd26 code on long pulls 10 seconds of WOT . Checked and tightened all clamp as it say boost leak ? Maybe i will buy new pressure sensor? Im not sure what else to check any thoughts? 17 sidewinder mtx 250 mcx . Sled runs fine just hate codes on my gauge. Thanks

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello all been getting this sd26 code on long pulls 10 seconds of WOT . Checked and tightened all clamp as it say boost leak ? Maybe i will buy new pressure sensor? Im not sure what else to check any thoughts? 17 sidewinder mtx 250 mcx . Sled runs fine just hate codes on my gauge.

I was having that issue for a bit too, if I remember right it would pull power too at a certain point. I went through all my clamps and double checked them, tightened a few. I also put some dielectric grease into the map sensor plug as I did have a bit of moisture in there.

Knock on wood I haven't had that code come up since.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
An SD26 is generally a clogged vacuum hose to the turbo solenoid valve, it is very common on these machines.
As oil collects into the intake track it will eventually work its way to the solenoid and plug it.
Its an easy 15min fix, pull hood, disconnect the vacuum hoses from the turbo valve solenoid and intake. Remove turbo valve.
Blow out clean, brake clean may be used.
reassemble, no code clearing needed.
If you roll your sled alot it will happen more often.

BTW, your turbo solenoid valve is located next to the fuse box, there are 2 solenoids, the one next to the fuse box is the turbo valve one.
Its good practice to clean both solenoid while in there though.

Last edited:

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all i will have a look . Have fun out there

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well still got the sd26 code cleaned all the little lines and solenoids. Maybe just time for new turbo valve solenoid?

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well still got the sd26 code cleaned all the little lines and solenoids. Maybe just time for new turbo valve solenoid?

Its unlikely the solenoid valve.
The vast majority of sd26 is a clogged hose, disconnected hose or plugged TVS.
Being you are confident of making sure the system is clean then it may be the Boost pressure sensor, it is located next to the solenoids. You will find 2 sensors, one is the Atmospheric pressure sensor, the other is the Boost sensor.
It is very rare for the sensor to give trouble but not uncommon.

When you turn the ignition key from "on" to "off" is the code deleted? yes/no

Is your sled stock, I thinking its not?
MCX stage 2 uses a voltage modifier harness between the main Yamaha harness and the Boost pressure sensor to modify the signal to the ECM. Make sure that the wire connection at both ends are good.
Hope that helps.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes every time u turn off the sled the code is gone . Mcx 250 tune it has, i looked at plugs and wires really nothing to see there . There was very little oil in lines maybe two drops . I will try new boost and atmospheric sensors. Thanks for the help.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tryed to go for a little ride today still got this sd26 code just cant shake it. Changed all 4 sensors on that little plate and blow off valve. Made zero difference still sd26 . Not really sure what to even do next ?

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
Tryed to go for a little ride today still got this sd26 code just cant shake it. Changed all 4 sensors on that little plate and blow off valve. Made zero difference still sd26 . Not really sure what to even do next ?
Just ride it!! had that as well in overboost situation. Finally went away.....

Top Bottom