08 Ford DPF Delete

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I havent done it yet waiting till the spring, but i know a guy that has and hees getting 17mpg with a 8" lift and 38's. and hees hard on the go peddle.

most guys that have it done get 22 or so depending on lifts and tires.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone removed there DPF from there Ford Diesel Truck 6.4L. What kind of fuel savings. Is it worth it?

4-7 mpg with the spartan diesel 250 hp!!!!! tune they say the lesser hp tunes do not deliver the mileage. I too am debating this.

What are you getting now?

jstegmann

Reaction score
I have 08 ford 6.4 diesel with edge juice programmer do they mave chip to just remove dpf or do i need to buy all new programmer to do this mod? currently getting 15 mpg

kimwin

Reaction score
ktire in sedgewick sells dpf delete with wiring harness to fool puter but no one has done it my dealer in wetaskiwin says heard good reports, but dont chip no warranty,this harness isnt a chip but ijust flew to sask and back did roughly 20 mpg iwas going to do it but its about 1800.00 and my dealer said when i bring it in for warranty i shuld put it back to stock ,wiring harness alone is roughly4 hours, i told kal tire no but i just got home and the truck started smoking pipe is getting black so i think another dpf for this truck third one,, regened 3 times in 2300 kms so i dont now what to do...............pissed off enough i might do it now.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mine regens about every 21/2 to 3 hours of run time and regens for about 12 minutes

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did the Edge w/Juice didn't do anything for the mileage but alot better low end response. Last December went to NADP discussed my mileage issue. They told me the trucks they removed the DPF on are now seeing anywhere from 4-9 MPG/Gal. I told him if I could get a couple miles/Gal I would be more than happy. I also put on a S&B cold air intake. I check my mileage every couple tanks. Actual kms travelled vs Ltrs. used calculation, not the ltrs per 100 km on my the display. That's BS!! I went back to NADP in Feb. and asked them whats the deal as I haven't seen any increase at all. They told me I am the only guy that hasn't seen an increase. That's BS Again!! And that I probably need to have my computer remapped as there is a new update. So That's the next thing I did. Do you think that helped?? Not a chance... This is my second Diesel in the last 5 years that I have done aftermarket upgrades to and the amount of cash spent versus what you get out of it. Go spend your cash on your sled, quad or go install a hottub. It would be money better spent. Mileage as it sits now, empty 15 city. Hook onto the 5th wheel and boat about 8. I got the same mileage from brand new hasn't changed at all...Sorry for the rant folks just don't like gettin smoke blown up my ARS...

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just did one on my 08 F-350. DPF delete w/ dash daq and Spartan 275 Tune. way more power and fuel economy. Have not calculated out the exact fuel milage yet. But running around town / city,the dummy fuel milage on your display was reading 17/ 18litres/100k now 14/15. Have a 6" procomp lift with 37" Toyo mud terrain tires. Goin to give the fifth wheel a pull next weekend. Will update then, unless I make a hwy trip some where. A short trip on the hwy was reading 12/13.

UkrainianMudKing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I drive a 2009 F350 and I got NADP DPF delete kit and a S&B intake. I set up and excel spread sheet and I am getting 18.09 mpg on the highway and 14.42 mpg city. I have put 9000km on my truck since I started this spreadsheet.

doug13

Reaction score
i have an 08 f 450 thats got mbrp exhaust afe air intake and an edge juice with attitude thats going in to nadp next wednesday for their dpf delete system.ever since ford did their last recall for no regeneration in park the truck continually regenerates.fuel economy has as a result gotten terrible.im hoping the dpf delete system makes a huge improvement.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have an 08 f 450 thats got mbrp exhaust afe air intake and an edge juice with attitude thats going in to nadp next wednesday for their dpf delete system.ever since ford did their last recall for no regeneration in park the truck continually regenerates.fuel economy has as a result gotten terrible.im hoping the dpf delete system makes a huge improvement.

heard that the edge does not work so well , but thats just hear say , spartan is getting good reviews , do your home work , keep us posted with :d

doug13

Reaction score
heard that the edge does not work so well , but thats just hear say , spartan is getting good reviews , do your home work , keep us posted with :d
my buddy has the spartan system in his 08 and its spent more time in the service shop at city ford than it does on the road.now he drives it like he stole it but hes had lots of trouble

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

doug13, waste your money on mod for your sled or something. It's a huge scam.:nono::nono::beer:

hintonite

Reaction score
I bought the SCT with 200hp tune cat/dpf delete and i now get 16mpg in town and 22-25mpg on the high way. I get 28mpg when traveling into edmonton and 21mpg on the way back. i pulled 2 horses and a steel 4horse trailer from edmonton to hinton and made 15mpg. my 08 stock gets 12mpg on the highway and 9mpg in town. I picked up the kit from rudy`s performance parts for 1350 canadian(came from south carolina i think).

P_ZIZZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a DPF delete kit and MBRP cool duals for sale 1100 for the works!! anybody intereste let me know!

Top Bottom