LLM Delete tuning

overkill19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just bought a 08 to pull my toyhauler. Going to do a EGR delete, PCV reroute and exhaust. I’ll go with EFI Live. I only need a Tow/ economy tune.
Does anyone have a proven Tuning shop.
I’m new to the Duramax world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ctd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just did my 14 LML, I'm new to delete. I could not stand the noise, especially towing loaded. Straight pipe isn't for me. Very little additional cost for five tune levels with the on the fly switch....I choose that. Best fuel mileage level 4 or 5 heavy tow #2. Then EGR blocker plates, I thought they eliminated the need for up pipe.....I honestly did not know. Turns out they needed to modify the factor pipe which failed not long after.

After the job was completed the first time it went back because the fuel gauge calibration was changed, my truck is long so bigger tank capacity. Then back for mufflers to get cab resonance down. Just recently back in for the up pipe that should have been installed first time.

It runs good now, fuel mileage is much better. I don't flog on it, the increased power is very noticeable. Cab noise level is slightly more than stock.

Ended up nearly 4K, to much overlap on the job. Doing it over the up pipe should be done & the 4" down pipe with muffler first time.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve had two deleted dmax’s both with 4” FloPro with muffler. Nice and quiet at idle, minor noise at 80km/h and of course when you’re on it hard but other than that love it.

Had H&S and it was junk, went with EFI Live on the next and was awesome. There’s tons of “EFI Live” tuners so be aware of that.

My LMM had 40HP tow tube with turbo brake, loved that tune should have probably kept that truck… I think a single tune installed with 4” FloPro with muffler is $1000-$1200 (they keep DPF), a fella with a diesel shop in Strathmore did mine incase you live around there.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If anyone is interested in a vgt exhaust brake done via switch , so you can turn it on and off ( makes a mileage difference ) , doesn't matter what program has been done as it's hard wired to ecm connector , works just like 11 and up lml and l5p

Only thing is if it's programmed in ( vgt brake ) via efi or hp tune type thing , my hard wire will not work

I know a guy that figured out how to do this

Works awesome, and don't need to spend 800 bucks on a piggy back bd setup

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wish I kept my '08 LMM! Stock except for 4" Flopro DPF removal exhaust and a mild ~40hp EFI tow tune by Mitch at Cooper Custom Solutions.

overkill19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just did my 14 LML, I'm new to delete. I could not stand the noise, especially towing loaded. Straight pipe isn't for me. Very little additional cost for five tune levels with the on the fly switch....I choose that. Best fuel mileage level 4 or 5 heavy tow #2. Then EGR blocker plates, I thought they eliminated the need for up pipe.....I honestly did not know. Turns out they needed to modify the factor pipe which failed not long after.

After the job was completed the first time it went back because the fuel gauge calibration was changed, my truck is long so bigger tank capacity. Then back for mufflers to get cab resonance down. Just recently back in for the up pipe that should have been installed first time.

It runs good now, fuel mileage is much better. I don't flog on it, the increased power is very noticeable. Cab noise level is slightly more than stock.

Ended up nearly 4K, to much overlap on the job. Doing it over the up pipe should be done & the 4" down pipe with muffler first time.

Thanks!
Correct me if I’m wrong but I think the 08’s can only get one tune at a time due to tranny having to re learn for each tune.
I’m with ya on the noise. I tried to flopro muffler which was ok but I swapped out for a bigger one. I always got from Union tractor. I can’t remember what it was called but it was 3 feet long and was perfect imo, I think it was $110.
I alway order my 4” pipes with the no muffler option now, works great. I find the name of it.

Last edited:

overkill19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If anyone is interested in a vgt exhaust brake done via switch , so you can turn it on and off ( makes a mileage difference ) , doesn't matter what program has been done as it's hard wired to ecm connector , works just like 11 and up lml and l5p

Only thing is if it's programmed in ( vgt brake ) via efi or hp tune type thing , my hard wire will not work

I know a guy that figured out how to do this

Works awesome, and don't need to spend 800 bucks on a piggy back bd setup

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

Thx, I think mine came with one of those. I actually haven’t seen the truck in person yet! I bought it on Kijiji and my wife picked it up. As I’m at work in India for another month.
I’m pretty happy with the buy though. It passed the inspection with flying colours. So that was a plus! It was only used in the summer otherwise parked.
306685e06061996f9debf5efa7da15c4.jpg

0c44af62628c086e0b40a8da5ead6ab2.jpg

15e2ac019d326537ee5a9b69d6b70f50.jpg

323917b1eaa1903f588fdd40f7d7218c.jpg

fe16cd5f2d4d5418489504c473e12246.jpg

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve had two deleted dmax’s both with 4” FloPro with muffler. Nice and quiet at idle, minor noise at 80km/h and of course when you’re on it hard but other than that love it.

Had H&S and it was junk, went with EFI Live on the next and was awesome. There’s tons of “EFI Live” tuners so be aware of that.

My LMM had 40HP tow tube with turbo brake, loved that tune should have probably kept that truck… I think a single tune installed with 4” FloPro with muffler is $1000-$1200 (they keep DPF), a fella with a diesel shop in Strathmore did mine incase you live around there.
Some good advice and experience here…

I’ve also experienced the same with the EFI live tuners. Buyer beware! Make sure you test drive a unit similar to what you plan to purchase, and discuss with the installer your noise tolerance. I feel a person absolutely needs more muffler to reduce the cab drone at loaded highway speeds.

(Strathmore is my buddy Clay at Wheatland auto sales 👍🏻)

overkill19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I finally found the name of the mufflers I ran on my Dodge's. I always bought the longest "within reason" one I could fit in easily.

Works great and got rid of the drone on long hauls. I'm thinking that with being along box I can probably fit a 48' or 51" in there, time will tell.

here's a you tube, there's lots on there to compare.

Last edited:

ctd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I finally found the name of the mufflers I ran on my Dodge's. I always bought the longest "within reason" one I could fit in easily.

Works great and got rid of the drone on long hauls. I'm thinking that with being along box I can probably fit a 48' or 51" in there, time will tell.

here's a you tube, there's lots on there to compare.

That worked nicely! I ended with a pair of these.....one then two. There is video in the link using one muffler, I found with one & light towing it was still annoying. I called MBRP before adding the second & they were zero help. Having to do something I added the second & the reduction in drone was nearly perfect. The start up bark is barely noticeable, still has a bit of an idle attitude. As you get to cruise speed it is near stock noise & you can hear road noise, fuel knock etc.

Being your truck is long box the Donaldson should fit easily as the MBRP's I have are 24" each.

LMLCHEVY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DSP5 is fine for LMM just like every dmax. Unless you’re going from stock to a race tune it’s not normally an issue. Most tuners account for this.

The MBRP or FloPro muffler that comes with works fine for most and if you don’t like the drone add a twister.

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DSP5 is fine for LMM just like every dmax. Unless you’re going from stock to a race tune it’s not normally an issue. Most tuners account for this.

The MBRP or FloPro muffler that comes with works fine for most and if you don’t like the drone add a twister.

imo the twister is way too restrictive

overkill19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Do you know the name of the shop? I looked and there is 3-4 shops that do e diesel stuff.

Kyle89

Reaction score
Schultz diesel in calgary is where you wanna go

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Top Bottom