2014 / 2015 Valemount Conditions and Updates

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing there a lot more rock exposed this time of year there, then this spring time video shows.

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wasn't going to post these pics but since the cat is out of the bag.

The first one should be a good one for kyle to frame and put on his wall lol. I wish him a speedy recovery!

DSC_0272.jpg DSC_0279.jpg DSC_0280.jpg DSC_0290.jpg DSC_0291.jpg DSC_0293.jpg

A BIG thanks to Curtis for taking over the situation and handling it very professionally, and to the high angle rescue crew who preformed flawlessly.

Be careful out there folks.

bj_lucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow! For sure lucky! Cool pics to show for it. Wishes for a speedy recovery.

Jake jenkins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like it but there is way more snow in that video this is the one he went up to the left and over to the right

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would guess it is about 20 feet from the actual incident..

Er.. Maybe 40,, don't matter. it was close enough to make the call either way in the situation.

Is that the place where Kyle went over or an example of what happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How's the snow at Allen Creek on a lighter note.....anyone past the heli pad and must be some fresh to hit ..... Will be there Wednesday Thursday

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just woke up in recovery, just wanted to let everyone know I'm ok. They put a rod thru my femur and plates. Thanks to Curtis and the high rescue team, I didn't think I was gonna make it off that mountain. Will definitely be taking ast1 before I return to sledding. Again, thanks to all that helped save my life!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just woke up in recovery, just wanted to let everyone know I'm ok. They put a rod thru my femur and plates. Thanks to Curtis and the high rescue team, I didn't think I was gonna make it off that mountain. Will definitely be taking ast1 before I return to sledding. Again, thanks to all that helped save my life!

Glad to hear you are ok Kyle, get well soon:beer:

team-x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you're alright man. Its crazy how fast things can go from a great day in the mountains to a fight for your life.

I guess this is a wake up call for me and everyone for another danger in the hills. I always think about Avi's but never really thought about blowing off the top of a ridge into another bowl like that before and I've even seen the rev video before.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Glad to hear your ok man! Hears to a speedy recovery!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great to hear you are ok Kyle. It was awesome to get that fist pump from you when the heli brought you down safe.

I did a bit of a write up on the incident and one of my group members created a bit of a video. I did ask one of the group members for permission to post and they were all for it. This is a learning experience for all. Thanks everyone for keeping it positive.

Please see the link on my page at

https://www.facebook.com/frozenpiratesnowservices?ref=hl

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Hey buddy good to hear , you can come down hang out with me .., we can have wheel chair races in the lodge lol
You said to me that morning don't worry terry you be healed up soon and sledding.
You guys where an awesome bunch and thanks for shoveling , hailing wood , putting tired in de bobcat etc etc .

Summit River Lodge
" The Secrets Out"

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
I am in NO way making light of the situation, and am VERY happy to hear that Kyle is doing well, and going to make a recovery. GREAT work by a GREAT group of people. My question, however, is: What does it cost to be rescued? And, what does it cost to have his sled pulled out of there? Just a curiosity thing, as I certainly don't PLAN on ever needing either.

Top Bottom