Sit-Sag Reducer

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

shaneway59

Reaction score
I have it on my 146" and it definately helped in keeping the front end down on climbs. However, I did notice less suspension travel on the trails up.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The easiest and best way to reduce excess sag is with the heavy duty springs. They are a slight thicker diameter. Basically if you are over 200lbs you want the HD's.

If you ever read the XP manuals, they claim the XP suspension was designed with sag. In deep snow it allows the rear skid to drop out. If it was already dropped out all the way with drop brackets and sag reducer it possibly wouldn't perform the same.

We set up motocross bikes with sag and riding weight, you idealy could do the same with your sled.

Really its more of an appearance issue with the sag. Some people like to have the sled jacked up high in the back.

shaneway59

Reaction score
With the sit sag reducer kit, the suspension is lower. When climbing, it does not allow the suspension to drop down, which causes troughing resulting in ski lift.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so the next question is....Is this worth it and is it a good idea?

Rudy if you look inside the tunnel at the front mounting bolts you will see a hole just behind the stock location.
Drill this hole out and move the mount back to that hole. Keep back the same. This will do the same thing and is free and also reduces track angle.
It works no cost and if you don't like it , no cost.
Put it back in stock location if you don't like it.
I have did a few and have not put them back in stock location.

09 Blue Ski-Doo

Reaction score
Rudy if you look inside the tunnel at the front mounting bolts you will see a hole just behind the stock location.
Drill this hole out and move the mount back to that hole. Keep back the same. This will do the same thing and is free and also reduces track angle.
It works no cost and if you don't like it , no cost.
Put it back in stock location if you don't like it.
I have did a few and have not put them back in stock location.

Mine and all the 09's i've seen are allready in the back position, but the rear sissor is still not in the perfect place. The relocation bracket is still needed to have the same geometry of the 10's!

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find it works pretty good. The back end does not sit as high when topped out, and the fat boy springs are at it's lowest setting.
It gives the scissor a mechanical advantage over the stock design.

Top Bottom